+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

andrea1217

Jul 19, 2019
Was your file transferred to local vo after medical?
Probably just wait until September and if you don’t hear anything until that time, connect your mp. also you can try ordering your gcms notes. Try calling cic to find out what stage your application is as well... that’s all what I would do...
yap my file transferred vo in manila hoping and pray before sept they will send me email for ppr. good luck and thanks!

Reactions: lion.com

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Bio-metrics within Canada.

I'm a UK citizen who has lived in Canada since 2016. I first was on a 2 year working visa, then I extended to a 6 month visitor visa. I visited the US while on that 6 month period and had my passport stamped with no expiration on my return to Toronto, assuming the maximum stay of 6 months my visitor status will end in August.

I had to stay on a visitor status as my Canadian girlfriend and I are applying for spousal sponsorship and have shared an address for 17 months.

This is were my concern with bio-metrics comes in. Can.Gov seems to give conflicting information on my situation. I am legally in Canada and am applying for a family class sponsorship so according to one page I am exempt, but on another it requests my bio-metric fees. I also can only find Point of Entry bio-metric centers in Toronto.

If I apply without Bio-metrics will I be asked for it as additional info or could the whole visa be rejected?
I assume you are applying inland? I am pretty sure that you should not need biometrics but we applied outland and I don't know so much about the differences. I know that even outland applicants sometimes don't pay the biometrics fee up front and then they just get a request from IRCC to pay it. Your application won't be denied if you don't pay. They would just ask for the payment later but as I said before, I am pretty sure that inland applicants don't need to give fingerprints.

Reactions: MacWard1882

MacWard1882

Jul 19, 2019
I assume you are applying inland? I am pretty sure that you should not need biometrics but we applied outland and I don't know so much about the differences. I know that even outland applicants sometimes don't pay the biometrics fee up front and then they just get a request from IRCC to pay it. Your application won't be denied if you don't pay. They would just ask for the payment later but as I said before, I am pretty sure that inland applicants don't need to give fingerprints.
Yes I'm in Toronto. It seems pretty simple that within Canada and already legally here while I apply that I shouldn't need to give them. But the form questions sometimes just assume you are 'traveling'to Canada at some sections and just send me in circles.

Thanks for the reply.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Mother and father name on birth certificate is different (father's surname different and mother no surname) than on the passport of the applicant. Can this be an issue or point of query during spouse sponsorship application?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Does anyone here know if I need to update IRCC about the proof of citizenship for my kids? We gave them the receipt number so they can look it up on ECAS but we did receive the certificates by now. Would I need to submit a photocopy somewhere? On ECAS it says that they were sent to the local visa office that forwarded them to us.
no need 4 such updates

Reactions: Luthien

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Mother and father name on birth certificate is different (father's surname different and mother no surname) than on the passport of the applicant. Can this be an issue or point of query during spouse sponsorship application?
in past I noticed in India they wont put female's last names even many males have no last names in ppts or schools. THOSE WERE ACCEPTED AS IT IS .I won't worry too much, but if you have other evidence of last names plz attach , it wont hurt if not help

Reactions: DiNaV

vrjcramos

Jun 27, 2019
Hello, I just got a decision made status on my ecas a few days ago. My wife, who is the sponsor, and I have been very thorough with all the documents asked from us. No additional documents were asked and no interview was held before DM status came. I also passed ny medical exams. Is it safe to say that we may have a favorable decision in the coming weeks?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello, I just got a decision made status on my ecas a few days ago. My wife, who is the sponsor, and I have been very thorough with all the documents asked from us. No additional documents were asked and no interview was held before DM status came. I also passed ny medical exams. Is it safe to say that we may have a favorable decision in the coming weeks?
Most likely a +ve decision :) because if it was a NEG then they would call 4 an interview or more proofs CHEERS!!

Reactions: vrjcramos

tztk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Yes, it's a good news! It is very hard for an officer to make a negative determination without an interview.

Reactions: vrjcramos

vrjcramos

Jun 27, 2019
Yes, it's a good news! It is very hard for an officer to make a negative determination without an interview.
Thank you for your reply! These past few months are so nerve-racking and anxiety-inducing and I'm just so ecstatic to hear these things. Thank you to everyone of you!

Reactions: lccliff

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Thank you for your reply! These past few months are so nerve-racking and anxiety-inducing and I'm just so ecstatic to hear these things. Thank you to everyone of you!
Congrats! Your timeline is fast! What Visa office did you go through?

vrjcramos

Jun 27, 2019
Congrats! Your timeline is fast! What Visa office did you go through?
Thank you! Actually, we hired a representative to facilitate my sponsorship going to Canada so we entrusted everything to them because my wife and I are too busy at work. This is an outland sponsorship btw.

almostready

Jul 22, 2019
Hi everyone,

Q1: I was wondering if I should use 1st person or 3rd person POV when filling out IMM 5532 form (Realtionship Information And Sponsopship Evaluation). For the written questions in Part C ?

I've written in 3rd person POV. I don't know if this can only be done if we hired a representative, because we didn't.

Q2: I (the sponsor) am veiled. The photos of our wedding were all taken while I was unveiled, so we are unable to send these photos as they are. I have read that we are not allowed to photoshop any of our attached photos, so what do we do in this case? We have explained in the "additional information about your relationship section" that we had a wedding photoshoot, but that we could not attach the photos for this reason. Will this cause a problem for our application?

Any help would be appreciated!

RBrampton

Jul 22, 2019
Hi everyone,
Have been going through the thread and found people helping and sharing their experiences.
I would like to ask for suggestions about my spousal case as well.

I'm a naturalized Canadian Citizen female living in Canada since last 15 years. I got re-married in December 2016 back home (India).My husband's case was rejected after an interview stating that our relation is not genuine.That a single Mother's relation to a never married male could not be genuine.My Husband lived in Philippines for 2 years as a visitor, They raised the question about his status as a visitor and said he could be lying.
I reapplied back in May 2018 and visits my husband every six months. We attended another interview in February 2019. It was a long interview held for about an hour and half. We both stood firm on our answers and explained them with all the proofs of visits, gift receipts, my daughter's(from first marriage) pictures and her bond with my current husband and his family. The interviewer said she is satisfied with our answers and accept our case. She mentioned we will receive an email shortly by the Commission.
During the interview she even asked my husband twice if he has some issues with his Police clearance.She advised us to get our Police clearance Certificate ready, as they will be asking for it for sure. She even asked him to provide latest Police clearance from Philippines. But my husband told her that his only Police clearance report from Philippines is already attached with the file and it is impossible to get another one until he visit the Country again.
I requested about the updates on my case through an email from my local MP on April-06-2019. They responded my case is going through security checks.We did not hear anything from them untill May13th,2019. On the day my husband received a call from them asking about what he did in the time period after his studies and visit to Philippines. He mentioned he was helping his father in the family's farming business in that time period. And we are waiting till the day.
I appreciate your time reading this till here ,Any suggestions what could be going on in my case....

And also my husband is looking forward to apply for Visitor Visa, any suggestions ?