+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I will make more clear last week she got ITA from express entry pool. After invitation we can't update the profile. Now we have submit IELTS WES EXPERIENCE BANK STATEMENT within 60 days. Now when it comes to sponsoring family what all things we have to keep in mind.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that if she has not declared you as family members in her application, she will be forever banned from sponsoring you.

zeffrin

May 6, 2019
The most important thing to keep in mind is that if she has not declared you as family members in her application, she will be forever banned from sponsoring you.
Application? is it the express entry profile? what you mean by application.

She has applied for express entry and she got ITA now we can't update. If we update CRS score will be recalculate back to 436 and we won't get ITA.

In which application are you talking about is it express entry profile or anything new.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
ITA means invitation to apply. So she now has to fill out additional paperwork to finalize the PR application process.

From what I can see you removed your family to increase the CRS. And adding them in will lose the ITA.

You have a choice: misrepresent and never be sponsored, or properly fill out the profile and lose the ITA.

If she accepts the ITA without you in her profile, you are banned from being sponsored, ever. And if IRCC finds out your wife is married and her profile says she is not married, she will be at risk of losing her PR.

MarcKay

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
I am a Canadian citizen, planning to sponsor my husband for PR. I have lots of doubts. can some one please clear my confusion.
I am trying to put all details in point wise.

Total family had taken PR in 2006, my husband had to give up PR in year 2015. Me and my son are citizens now and I am living in Canada.

Now my husband is a visitor to Canada , he is working and living in Kuwait.
1.where should I courier my application to.
2.should there be two different applications posted one from me and one from my husband or it is only one full package.
3.should I mention that my husband was a previous PR holder, as they did not ask for this question in application.

Thanks in advance to one and all
What do you mean "give up PR".
Did he applied voluntarily to renounce his PR or he lost his status by an inquiry or PRTD appeal, and removal order?

Links:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp#5781E7

Jeemay

Mar 15, 2018
Job Offer........
Yes
Dear seniors,
I have applied for permanent residence in Canada with my wife who is working in Montreal, Canada. When I applied I was in Abu Dhabi and now I came back to Nepal 7 months ago. I have got a email from Canadian immigration, Abu Dhabi to submit passport before 18 days. So I went to VFS Global Kathmandu but they said they are not sending passport to Abu Dhabi, So I sent my passport through Aramex to Embassy. And it’s been 2 weeks they receive my passport. Now I have major Doubt on few things.
1) Do they need my Biometric? If yes how I do my biometric?
2) Canadian high commission New Delhi, India is issuing visa for people who apply Canadian visa for Nepal but on my case Abu Dhabi asked me to submit passport even though I informed Abu Dhabi that Ihave changed my Address from Abu Dhabi to Nepal but I didn’t get any reply from them.
3) Normally how long it takes to stamp visa on passport? It’s been already 2 weeks but they didn’tsend me my passport back.

Thank you!!

zeffrin

May 6, 2019
ITA means invitation to apply. So she now has to fill out additional paperwork to finalize the PR application process.

From what I can see you removed your family to increase the CRS. And adding them in will lose the ITA.

You have a choice: misrepresent and never be sponsored, or properly fill out the profile and lose the ITA.

If she accepts the ITA without you in her profile, you are banned from being sponsored, ever. And if IRCC finds out your wife is married and her profile says she is not married, she will be at risk of losing her PR.
She never told that she is unmarried in the Express entry there is no such section like that. So can she sponsor after getting PR.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
She never told that she is unmarried in the Express entry there is no such section like that. So can she sponsor after getting PR.
So when she applies for PR after getting the ITA, she is declaring you as her spouse and her children as her dependents, correct?

ITA means invitation to apply. Has she included you in her application?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Additionally, be aware of this:
Change that could either increase or decrease a candidate's CRS score:

• Addition of a spouse or common-law partner, since an applicant’s CRS score may increase or decrease, depending on the spouse or partner’s own human capital.
If your wife did not mention you in her profile, she may have misrepresented her CRS score. That could lead to a review of her PR once she applies to sponsor you.

Additionally, the very first question in calculating a CRS score is "what is your marital status?" If she answered single, you may have issues.

zeffrin

May 6, 2019
Additionally, be aware of this:

If your wife did not mention you in her profile, she may have misrepresented her CRS score. That could lead to a review of her PR once she applies to sponsor you.

Additionally, the very first question in calculating a CRS score is "what is your marital status?" If she answered single, you may have issues.
In express entry they will ask are you married if she says yes. Then they will ask is he accompanying you there she said no because of low crs point.

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
But you do want to accompany, either immediately or eventually, so you’re risking misrepresentation if you aren’t honest and say so.
In express entry they will ask are you married if she says yes. Then they will ask is he accompanying you there she said no because of low crs point.

imfullofhope

May 8, 2019
Hi,

I might sound silly, but I still would like to know in form IMM0008 what dates From/To should I fill in Personal Details>>Question 10? Because my current Visitor visa was issued a few years ago and before that, I also had another one...
1) So are those dates suppose to be "From"- the date of my current entry to Canada and "To"-the date I sent my application?
2) Or I have to combine my 2 VISAs validity dates together?

Thanks for the help :)

Leking1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Hey experts. I’m nov inland applicant. I received decision made on the sponsor side 2 days ago and also a request for my previous marriage divorce paper which I already uploaded and sent. My question is how quick would I get a response?

imfullofhope

May 8, 2019
Hi,

I might sound silly, but I still would like to know in form IMM0008 what dates From/To should I fill in Personal Details>>Question 10? Because my current Visitor visa was issued a few years ago and before that, I also had another one...
1) So are those dates suppose to be "From"- the date of my current entry to Canada and "To"-the date I sent my application?
2) Or I have to combine my 2 VISAs validity dates together?

Thanks for the help :)
Hi again,
I found this on CIC website:
There are three history fields on the form:

• work history
  • address history
  • education history
Each has a “to” section. This is where you put when you finished that activity or moved from that address. If you are still working or studying, or if you still live at that address, write “TODAY” or the date you are signing the application. If you do not know the exact dates, use your best guess.

Maybe it'll be helpful for someone, cuz it was a bit confusing for me at first.

Gallagher

Nov 24, 2018
We have a rep as well, we submitted our application mid September 2018. I am Canadian citizen abroad sponsoring husband. We are in the UK. My husband got an email first week in March to say to go for biometrics which is 2.5 hours to London (no where in Wales) so we made the appointment. We received (approx. 2 weeks later) email to say book medical. Luckily, I was able to get an appointment for my husband on the same day in London. Everything was submitted to our rep on that day. My husbands application is now sitting at Canada House in London. The timeline is showing 12 months but we are hoping for ten months. I did not realize after we land in Canada we still have a six week wait for the PR card. I am not sure whether while we are waiting for PR card if there is any documentation that we can take to apply for a SIN number for husband.

May 10, 2019
Received a mail from cic stating dependent PR application sent to Delhi Visa Office from Mississauga Canada. Have already completed biometric and medical exam. What does this mean? How long this would take to complete?