Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hello,
I need your advice asap.
Just this morning my wife (outside Canada) received an email from Canadian Immigration requiring her to attend an interview in Accra Ghana in two weeks time. According to the email; The purpose of the interview will be to determine her eligibility for admission to Canada.
From the email, she is required to bring the following original documents while coming.
a. Our original Marriage certificate.
b. Photos of your marriage if you are being sponsored by your spouse.
c. Proof of communication (i.e. Photos, letters, emails, phone bills.
d. Any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.
e. Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates
Infact, she submitted all the above itemized required documents along side with her application in May 2018.
QUESTIONS:
1. What is the interview like? What questions will they likely ask her?
2. On proof of communication, most of our communication is on whats app chat and phone calls. So should we just print our chats on whats app only? As we do not really communicate via emails and letters.
3. Service providers do not issue phone bills in her country of residence. So what is the alternative to phone bills?
4. Are there other important documents not mentioned above we could add to proof our relationship?
5. Could it be that the reason they invited her for interview was because I was in Nigeria on vacation to be with her for more than two weeks? I just came back on the first of February 2019. Which is 5 days ago.
Please kindly advise us on what to do, or what to answer at the interview.
=== Nigerians and Ghanians who were invited for interview in the past, please kindly share your experience with us if you don't mind ===.
Thanks for helping.
Regards
Wisdom7
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-interview-questions.157678/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations.220698/

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm submitting an inland application for my spouse who is a UK citizen.. I was wondering should I pay the bio metrics fees along with the application?

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018
Does anyone know what this letter is? My application just got updated saying me and my spouse are able to get free prearrival services now... Is that an AIP? My ECAS also both say desicion made, although we haven't received any emails. application date is May 18th, inland, Ontario.

Jmercieca26

Jan 15, 2019
Hi everyone, trying to sponsor my girlfriend from the states so she can come live with me, we have barely any time spent together because of how far apart we are but our as genuine as can be. Due to personal issues we've decided she should come now as a visitor so we can marry and apply inland and accumalate more time together. Looking for any advice that'll help the outcome as her having to go back to the states would be devastating for the both of us.

Thankyou to everyone who took the time to respond.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Which other documentation/evidence I should include in the inland application? I reviewed the documents indicated on the checklist, however, I would like to know which other documents would be effective to add.

My husband is the sponsor

So far I have the followings:
- Passports (husband-wife)
- Forms
- Proof of education records and employment letters (wife)
- Letters from friends (4), family (2)
- Pictures (more than 20)
- Criminal Record (wife)
- Employment letter (husband)
- Tax records for the previous years (2017 and 2018)- husband and wife
- Rental agreement
- Emails from the landlord forwarding the hydro bill
- Email to the landlord informing payment made
- Post from Social media (Facebook)
- Record of text messages from phone, Facebook and Instagram
- Bank Statements showing the e-transfers made to my partner to pay part of the rent and expenses
- Driver Licenses (husband-wife)
- Birth Certificate (wife)
- Explanation letter from my partner describing our relationship

Should I include more letter from friends? My partner and I have been living together for 9 months. The ceremony was on January, so I'm still waiting for the marriage certificate. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
I suggest you review the checklist.

If IRCC wanted applicant education records and employment letters, it would be listed. They make no difference to the app, so leave them out.

Don't send more than 20 pictures; the checklist is very clear and the only thing sending more pics is going to accomplish is annoying the VO because you couldn't follow simple instructions. They didn't bold and underline the word maximum for no reason.

Communication proofs like texts are only required for couples not living together, so leave them out.

No, you don't need more letters.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We are planning to get our Spousal sponsorship going soon (my PGWP expiring November 2020, she is Canadian citizen). We will be common-law nearly two years and have very good jobs....secret level security etc. I was planning on proposing this year. We would not be planning the wedding for a year at least (as we want to get married in Scotland....yes we have talked about it....I'm Scottish). I wouldn't have imagined it would be a problem being engaged, but is it just a case of when we get married to contact the IRCC when this happens. We/I don't want to get married just for the sake of it, so that's not an option. Any constructive feedback greatly appreciated. Edit: This is Inland
If you marry mid-process, you just send a Webform with a copy of the marriage certificate. It doesn't affect the app.

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All
I had submitted spousal PR application for my wife.The application was received by Nova Scotia office on Dec 4, 2018 but file no /AOR got generated on Jan 31, 2019 .I linked the application to an account 4 days back.Today I got a message in my cic account that application has been cancelled .

They did not give any further details as to why application has been cancelled.Now I am tensed and do not know what to do.Also note that I had applied for visitor visa of my wife which got approved around Dec 13, 2018. Is it possible they rejected PR because she has visitor now.

Looking for serious advise.

sbenjy

Feb 7, 2019
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen married to an Indian citizen. We were living in India and visited Canada last summer. I returned to Canada with our child in December and now am working here and getting ready to sponsor my husband. My question is can he use his visitor visa (multiple-entry, 10-year) to visit us once the spousal sponsorship application has been sent. An immigration consultant advised against it but I called IRCC and the rep said it would be fine as long as he had a return ticket.

I intend to send the application in this month and he plans to visit in April and stay for a month.

Anyone have any experience with this?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi All
I had submitted spousal PR application for my wife.The application was received by Nova Scotia office on Dec 4, 2018 but file no /AOR got generated on Jan 31, 2019 .I linked the application to an account 4 days back.Today I got a message in my cic account that application has been cancelled .

They did not give any further details as to why application has been cancelled.Now I am tensed and do not know what to do.Also note that I had applied for visitor visa of my wife which got approved around Dec 13, 2018. Is it possible they rejected PR because she has visitor now.

Looking for serious advise.
I don't think it is related to your wife's visitor visa. It is probably something you missed (e.g., form, or signature) in your application. There is a applicant from Russia got similar situation. CIC informed her that her application for her husband was returned (AOR on Jan. 29) and the details will be included in her returned application. So you will need to call or wait for your return application for details. Follow this link for more information (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/page-17)

blmmdqgn

Feb 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

We have an agency to help my mother to sponsor my father who is in Philippines, and my father has asked by the immigration for medical request and some addtional requirements. The additional requirements for saying ..

(Additional identity requirements for yourself such as: LCR birth certificate, baptismal certificate, schoil records, voters i.d and etc

IMPORTANT: Submit documents by ONE method only. )

We are a bit nervous because the agency asked my father to provide his old birth certificate with affidavit of discrepancy, baptismal, school records when his in highschool and 2 valid i.d's. My father has corrected his birthcertificate and got a new birthcertificate by PSA and it has changed his fathers name and his date of birth. He was born in Cagayan and he lives in Bulacan for almost 30 years now.

Please advise what should we do with this kind of situation ..

Thank you!

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi,
My name is Sandeep, I did a softlanding in Canada stayed in Canada, and went back to India and got married, now I am back to Canada, now I want to bring my wife. My question is can I apply for Spousal Sponsorship ? I am in search of a job, there is no job as if now, can I apply for spousal sponsorship.please suggest
There in no income requirements for spouse sponsorship but you need to provide proof and an explanation as to how you plan to support yourselves since you will be financially responsible for her for the next 3 years