+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hello, fellow sponsors!

Where is it better to put the explanation letter for the Inland Spousal Sponsorship app?
  • As an appendix to the relationship declaration form
OR
  • At the beginning before the checklist?
Also Did you guys put the open Work Permit Application Package before the Sponsorship or after?

ManFromVan

Feb 7, 2019
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can kindly provide any clarification on this. I am sponsoring my spouse. Her brother applied for refugee protection last year and was accepted. Now I am sponsoring my spouse, and on this question, it asks

4- if you "the principal applicant" or any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canda ever;
c) made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?

Should I select "Yes" or "No"?

On the guideline, it clearly defines "Family Member" as:
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

So I presume my answer should be no as this definition does not include siblings but when I spoke with a couple of lawyers they mentioned that my answer to this question should be yes. I am confused

Thanks for your assistance

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can kindly provide any clarification on this. I am sponsoring my spouse. Her brother applied for refugee protection last year and was accepted. Now I am sponsoring my spouse, and on this question, it asks

4- if you "the principal applicant" or any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canda ever;
c) made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?

An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

So I presume my answer should be no as this definition does not include siblings but when I spoke with a couple of lawyers they mentioned that my answer to this question should be yes. I am confused

It should be Yes. Your wife is the applicant, and her brother is a very close family member of hers.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

Answer is no. The brother is not listed in the application.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hello, fellow sponsors!

Where is it better to put the explanation letter for the Inland Spousal Sponsorship app?
  • As an appendix to the relationship declaration form
OR
  • At the beginning before the checklist?
Also Did you guys put the open Work Permit Application Package before the Sponsorship or after?
It depends on which form and question you're explaining. Put each explanation sheet at the back of the form they refer to (you can use a paperclip to keep them together).

Reactions: Elchinec

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
Hi All
I had submitted spousal PR application for my wife.The application was received by Nova Scotia office on Dec 4, 2018 but file no /AOR got generated on Jan 31, 2019 .I linked the application to an account 4 days back.Today I got a message in my cic account that application has been cancelled .

They did not give any further details as to why application has been cancelled.Now I am tensed and do not know what to do.Also note that I had applied for visitor visa of my wife which got approved around Dec 13, 2018. Is it possible they rejected PR because she has visitor now.

Looking for serious advise.
How did she get the Visitor? Did you disclose your relationship in visitor visa app?

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
Hello All,
I am the sponsor and PR in Canada, have just sent our application last month. My question is, Can I travel outside Canada for a vacation say for 2-3 weeks.
Any views on this will be appreciated.
Thanks

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
Hi everyone,

- I am wondering if I should enclose my actual marriage certificate or a copy in my application. I can't find any specific details about it on the checklist, the basic guide or the complete guide.

- I am wondering if anyone has personal experiences with travelling while awaiting your application, with no OWP, just a tourist visa. It doesn't say anything about my situation on the CIC site, only about temporary residents. I want to go for a week, with my wife, but I'm afraid I won't be allowed back into the country. I've seen some helpful tips about bringing a marriage certificate, valid passport (obviously), all the proof you have of a pending application, receipts for your payments for the application, an AOR if you have one. I know you get this question all the time and I am well aware that it is a risk and no one knows for sure, so that is why I'm asking about personal experiences specifically.

- I am applying inland, but I'm afraid that my tourist visa will be expired by the time I get my OWP. Anyone who has experience with this/advice on what to do? Especially with my potential trip in March coming up, apparently extending your visitor visa doesn't help you, it only helps if you stay in the country but not if you want to re-enter.

Thanks so much and goodluck to you all.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi everyone,

- I am wondering if I should enclose my actual marriage certificate or a copy in my application. I can't find any specific details about it on the checklist, the basic guide or the complete guide.

- I am wondering if anyone has personal experiences with travelling while awaiting your application, with no OWP, just a tourist visa. It doesn't say anything about my situation on the CIC site, only about temporary residents. I want to go for a week, with my wife, but I'm afraid I won't be allowed back into the country. I've seen some helpful tips about bringing a marriage certificate, valid passport (obviously), all the proof you have of a pending application, receipts for your payments for the application, an AOR if you have one. I know you get this question all the time and I am well aware that it is a risk and no one knows for sure, so that is why I'm asking about personal experiences specifically.

- I am applying inland, but I'm afraid that my tourist visa will be expired by the time I get my OWP. Anyone who has experience with this/advice on what to do? Especially with my potential trip in March coming up, apparently extending your visitor visa doesn't help you, it only helps if you stay in the country but not if you want to re-enter.

Thanks so much and goodluck to you all.
The checklist on page 6 under civil status documents specifies that u have to send photocopies only unless country specific requirements says otherwise.

Reactions: fanvandjetkan

metabug

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi @canuck_in_uk , @np08
If sponsor is not working, will bank account savings and letter explaining his employability and savings suffice?
I have maintained my savings in the bank account in my home country. Can I provide them the same account statement? Or do I need to transfer the funds to Canadian bank account?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi @canuck_in_uk , @np08
If sponsor is not working, will bank account savings and letter explaining his employability and savings suffice?
I have maintained my savings in the bank account in my home country. Can I provide them the same account statement? Or do I need to transfer the funds to Canadian bank account?
That should be fine.

bidt04

Jan 10, 2019
Montreal
Visa Office......
Sydney
Doc's Request.
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
Hello My application was received on Decembre 5th to Sydney and I received AOR 1 on January 31
I can also see my application on ecas. My question is what's gonna be the next step? how much time should I expect the next step.
Thanks a lot

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
hi freinds..i go through interview of sousal sponsorship 2 days ago and they said they will answer me.....how long shoul i expect to wait???and they answer me eaither ways with email or just refusal with email and when they accept they go to the next step without emailing me??thx

Reactions: Sing rajgobal

Bugoy741021

Mar 16, 2016
Hi,
I recently submitted application to sponsor my wife. She is in India and I am a PR living in Canada. My application was just delivered to the Sydney office yesterday. I am curious to know what method of delivery is used by cic to send AOR1 and whom do they send it to? Sponsor mailing address? Primary Application mailing address?

If sponsor mailing address changes in the time between sending application and them sending AOR1, then what should be done to notify?

Appreciate your response.
Hi guys,

I am currently preparing for my wife's spousal sponsorship application.
I am a permanent resident in Canada and my wife is still in my home country. We got married in October 2018.
Situation is I am the sponsor and my wife is being sponsored( principal applicant).

I have a question regarding this form.

1. IMM1344 E Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Aggreement and Undertaking

Part 1: Application to Sponsor and Undertaking
If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

Box 1--Withdraw your sponsorship application. All processing fees less $75 will be refunded
Box 2-- Proceed with the application for permanent residence. Processing fees will be retained

Question: Which of the above selections is applicable based on my situation?

Hope someone with the same experience in the past could help me on this one.

Thanks a lot in advance