+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Dear all,
I am about to submit an application for my wife who is in Bangladesh now. I know this application will be a straightforward application as we do not have any concerning issue. However, I am wondering, do you guys recommend me to hire a lawyer for submitting the application? I am pretty confused as sometimes I hear different stories of rejections for making honest mistakes in the application. I have contacted few lawyers and their charge is about $5,000-7,000 including application fees. Would you guys mind to recommend based on your experience?
Really appreciate for the advise.
Thanks!
I wouldn't. It doesn't speed up the process at all, abd the paperwork is straightforward. Plus you have this awesome group to help you out if you have any questions

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi guys! I'm thinking to apply for a temporary residency for my husband while in the process of sponsorship. The reason being, I feel London is using every delay tactic possible and I need to get back to my family in canada. Any thoughts or suggestions

Manitoban90

Oct 26, 2018
Dear all,
I am about to submit an application for my wife who is in Bangladesh now. I know this application will be a straightforward application as we do not have any concerning issue. However, I am wondering, do you guys recommend me to hire a lawyer for submitting the application? I am pretty confused as sometimes I hear different stories of rejections for making honest mistakes in the application. I have contacted few lawyers and their charge is about $5,000-7,000 including application fees. Would you guys mind to recommend based on your experience?
Really appreciate for the advise.
Thanks!
Wow, 5-7k is very expensive.. my lawyer only charged 1200

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hiring a lawyer isn't necessary. I wouldn't. You can fill out the application yourself it's not hard.
Thank you very much for your tips. For last few days, I was very confused whether I should get a lawyer or not. I will better to try to do by myself then.

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
I wouldn't. It doesn't speed up the process at all, abd the paperwork is straightforward. Plus you have this awesome group to help you out if you have any questions
Thank you very much for your tips. For last few days, I was very confused whether I should get a lawyer or not. I will better to try to do by myself then.

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hey all,
I also have a separate question. When I send the complete application for my spouse in Mississauga, how will she provide her bio-metrics (finger prints)? She is currently living in Bangladesh where there is VFS (VAC). Will I get a letter with instruction when to give her bio-metrics? How does this whole thing work? Would really appreciate if someone shares their experience.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Hs@645

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
File received at Nova Scotia- 13 july 2018
AOR- 29 september 2018
SA approval- 3 october 2018
MR- 4 october 2018
File Transfer to Mississauga and request to apply for CSQ- 9 october 2018
CSQ received- 5 november 2018. Same day uploaded on GCkey
BCG in process- 14 november 2018
DM and PPR - 21 november 2018

Reactions: Munaf2018

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hey all,
I also have a separate question. When I send the complete application for my spouse in Mississauga, how will she provide her bio-metrics? She is currently living in Bangladesh where there is VFS (VAC). Will I get a letter with instruction when to give her bio-metrics? How does this whole thing work? Would really appreciate if someone shares their experience.
Thanks!
First you send in application. Then they will send you a letter letting you know they received it and so on. In a bit, they will send you a request letter for medical. She will have to go to an approved clinic that you can find on the cic website. When she does the medical, the clinic will upload the results direct to cic

jess23

Jun 15, 2018
File received at Nova Scotia- 13 july 2018
AOR- 29 september 2018
SA approval- 3 october 2018
MR- 4 october 2018
File Transfer to Mississauga and request to apply for CSQ- 9 october 2018
CSQ received- 5 november 2018. Same day uploaded on GCkey
BCG in process- 14 november 2018
DM and PPR - 21 november 2018
that is so fast!

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
First you send in application. Then they will send you a letter letting you know they received it and so on. In a bit, they will send you a request letter for medical. She will have to go to an approved clinic that you can find on the cic website. When she does the medical, the clinic will upload the results direct to cic
Thank you very much! You are very helpful!
But when and how will she provide her bio-metric (finger prints)? Do you have any idea about that as well?
Appreciate for your time!

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thank you very much! You are very helpful!
But when and how will she provide her bio-metric (finger prints)? Do you have any idea about that as well?
Appreciate for your time!
When we first applied in 2017 they sent us the request with the medical. Now, I THINK my sister filed in March 2018 abd she said she was supposed to send them with the application. If you look at your documents checklist it will say if you need to send them with the application. If not just wait for the request letter :)

Reactions: smomen

Hsingh85

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi guys..

I got decision made on 11nov. But still no any update or any ppr req got. Have any idea how.many days they take..?

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
When we first applied in 2017 they sent us the request with the medical. Now, I THINK my sister filed in March 2018 abd she said she was supposed to send them with the application. If you look at your documents checklist it will say if you need to send them with the application. If not just wait for the request letter :)
Ah, make sense. Thanks so much again!