+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London

Hi guys I received the following letter from LVO.. I dont understand what this means.. If anyone can help me I would really really appreciate it

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class. I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.
I have determined that you may not meet the requirements of the immigration and refugee protection act because you are a person described in paragraph R130(2) of the Act. You may therefore be inadmissible to Canada.

130(2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor a foreign national who makes an application referred to in subsection (1) and is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children, if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the foreign national becomes a permanent resident.

I note that your sponsor has indicated that he is a Canadian citizen who is currently resident in the UAE. he has indicated he last lived in Canada in 2011 and that he plans to return to Canada in 2018. however your sponsor has not submitted any evidence of preparation made for those plans. i therefore have concerns that your sponsor may not intend to return to Canada as indicated. Please submit evidence of those plans or, if he has already returned to Canada, please submit evidence of this.

Please use this opportunity to address my concerns and indicate any further information you would like to be considered in respect of your application.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please respond using the address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence you send to the High Commission of Canada, London, UK.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely

Immigration Officer
From what I understand, the officer doesn't believe you will return to Canada once approved. Me and my husband also live outside Canada. When we applied, we submitted a letter from a family friend inviting us to stay with them when we arrived. I believe this was acceptable because we didn't hear anything back about it.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Averages are known (currently at 12 months) and in the end, the ability for citizens to sponsor from outside of the country is a courtesy extended to them by the IRCC (evidenced by the fact that permanent residents cannot do it, even if it wouldn't violate the sponsor's residency obligation). It is understood that, if you're applying to sponsor your spouse for a PR, that you're doing so because you want to bring them to Canada and start a life with them there. It's not uncommon for sponsors in these cases to go to Canada ahead of their spouses to prepare everything for their arrival. It's pretty much expected obviously and that's how these sponsors get all the proof necessary regarding the intent to go back (or proof of already having moved back).

At the end of the day, if one has no intention of moving back home any time soon, there's no point in applying for a PR for their spouse.
Yes, but you can't apply for a job abd say "I'll be there in around 12 months" :( I'm living outside Canada with my husband. We submitted a letter from a family friend inviting us to stay there once we arrived. There x was really nothing weeks we could give as proof. Can't put down a damage deposit when you have no clue what month you'll be there... I think they found the letter acceptable because they didn't mail us with a concern. And honestly, this process is so stressful, I can't imagine going through all of this and then not even going back once approved!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Yes, but you can't apply for a job abd say "I'll be there in around 12 months" :( I'm living outside Canada with my husband. We submitted a letter from a family friend inviting us to stay there once we arrived. There x was really nothing weeks we could give as proof. Can't put down a damage deposit when you have no clue what month you'll be there... I think they found the letter acceptable because they didn't mail us with a concern. And honestly, this process is so stressful, I can't imagine going through all of this and then not even going back once approved!
But you can apply a month or two in advance and move ahead of your family. I mean, there's a huge percentage of all these couples who either started long distance or ended up being long distance at one point in their relationship. What's a few months more? Not that I'm saying you absolutely have to, as there are many ways to satisfy these requirements, I'm sure. Like you yourself said, letters from family can help as they can "vouch for you" and I'm sure people come up with a lot of other ways to go about it.

This process is indeed stressful and demanding and it asks for far more than your average couple would ever have to think about. Precisely because it's an extraordinary situation. At the end of the day, it is what it is. It's important to go into it while knowing all the important facts and obligations so one can prepare ahead of time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Currently it would be impossible for me to get job offers, apartment leases, buying a property. And also I will not be moving back to Canada soon but I will return to visit next year in march to renew my driving license and OHIP cards. can i do anything while am there and should apply for my wife's to visit Canada with me?
If you aren't moving back soon, then you don't qualify to sponsor. Unless you submit the required proof, your app will likely be refused.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear @canuck_in_uk , also please clarify that for or IMM5406E form whether we can add the present address of the sponsor, the PA's spouse in writing instead of typing(using black ink) and then take a printout of the same.., this is required as the sponsor's present address might change.
Not sure what you mean. There's no difference if you write it or type it. If it changes, you can just update IRCC.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
My fiancé is a green card holder (Permanent Resident of US) while I am a Canadian PR holder. We are planning to get married soon but I am not sure how would I proceed with her case. The info given on this thread is from 2010 so I do not know if there has been any changes.

Since she does not need a visa, she can obtain an ETA and start living with me here in Canada but during this time would she be eligible for medical coverage? I am planning to ask my employer about how would this work if she doesn’t have a permanent status meaning if she would be covered for health care under my plan.

She also has attend her sister’s wedding next year so she would want to be able to travel outside of Canada.

I am very confused on how to proceed with this. Should I sponsor her as an Outland applicant or inland ?

If she comes on eta, how long will she be able to stay with me here in Canada? Do I have to send her back home and then apply her as an Outland applicant ?

Nov 23, 2018
I’m in a process of gathering all information to sponsor my husband , do I need to provide my tax income??? If so... where can I request for this or any number to call to request for my tax? As I remember when I’m processing my open permit I have to include the tax I paid and I forgot where to ask. Thanks in advance for the help.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi all,

Its been 6months since my Visa is in DelhiVO. I recently checked my status and it says thay are Reviewing Documents and Background check.
No interview, fingerprints are needed and Medical is passed.

Does anyone know what document they are reviewing since months? People are getting VISAS in 4/6 months max.
Hi Your turn is coming very soon. Keep courage. Hopefully be4 the end of this year. Every file is diff.

Reactions: Virtuallyviks

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I’m in a process of gathering all information to sponsor my husband , do I need to provide my tax income??? If so... where can I request for this or any number to call to request for my tax? As I remember when I’m processing my open permit I have to include the tax I paid and I forgot where to ask. Thanks in advance for the help.
Canada revenue agency. The cab give you statements for your tax returns

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi,

Yesterday I received the eligibility passed Letter from, I applied Inland on Feb. 2018.
What is the next step?
Should I do something now?