+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

longskijay

Nov 7, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Hi guys, I’m working in my wife application for spouse sponsorships in Canada and were legally married. I know that the principal applicant is my wife and the sponsor is me. But, I’m confused who the primary applicant is? Is it, my Wife or me? Thanks, for the help!!!

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Does anyone know the difference between security screening abd criminality?

application received Jan 10, 2017.

It was refused Jan 19, 2018 and re-opened Sept 4, 2018.

The standard processing time of 12 months does not apply in this non-routine file.

Sponsor and applicant eligibility has been met.

Security checks were initiated Oct 23, 2018 and are in progress. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Criminality has not started.

Medicals are valid until Oct 12, 2019.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/
You may be able to find your answer here.
Can I ask why was the application refused after a year long processing? On what basis is it reopened?

D-Mac

Mar 4, 2013
Hello All, I just received my letter for the final determination of permanent residence interview. Almost there.

I had a quick question I hoped one of you could help me with. In the letter it states "If you cannot attend this interview and/or have pre-booked travels outside of Canada in the 90-days following your final determination for permanent residence interview, please e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or call the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100."

I do have a trip planned, and the date of departure is exactly 85 days after the scheduled interview. What is the reasoning behind the 90-day stipulation? And how flexible is that amount of days?

Thank you in advance.

Virtuallyviks

Nov 11, 2018
Hi all,

Its been 6months since my Visa is in DelhiVO. I recently checked my status and it says thay are Reviewing Documents and Background check.
No interview, fingerprints are needed and Medical is passed.

Does anyone know what document they are reviewing since months? People are getting VISAS in 4/6 months max.

Virtuallyviks

Nov 11, 2018
Hi all,

Its been 6months since my Visa is in DelhiVO. I recently checked my status and it says thay are Reviewing Documents and Background check.
No interview, fingerprints are needed and Medical is passed.

Does anyone know what document they are reviewing since months? People are getting VISAS in 4/6 months max.

muhaid

Nov 13, 2018
Dubai
Visa Office......
London

Hi guys I received the following letter from LVO.. I dont understand what this means.. If anyone can help me I would really really appreciate it

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class. I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.
I have determined that you may not meet the requirements of the immigration and refugee protection act because you are a person described in paragraph R130(2) of the Act. You may therefore be inadmissible to Canada.

130(2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor a foreign national who makes an application referred to in subsection (1) and is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children, if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the foreign national becomes a permanent resident.

I note that your sponsor has indicated that he is a Canadian citizen who is currently resident in the UAE. he has indicated he last lived in Canada in 2011 and that he plans to return to Canada in 2018. however your sponsor has not submitted any evidence of preparation made for those plans. i therefore have concerns that your sponsor may not intend to return to Canada as indicated. Please submit evidence of those plans or, if he has already returned to Canada, please submit evidence of this.

Please use this opportunity to address my concerns and indicate any further information you would like to be considered in respect of your application.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please respond using the address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence you send to the High Commission of Canada, London, UK.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely

Immigration Officer

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

Hi guys I received the following letter from LVO.. I dont understand what this means.. If anyone can help me I would really really appreciate it

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class. I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.
I have determined that you may not meet the requirements of the immigration and refugee protection act because you are a person described in paragraph R130(2) of the Act. You may therefore be inadmissible to Canada.

130(2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor a foreign national who makes an application referred to in subsection (1) and is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children, if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the foreign national becomes a permanent resident.

I note that your sponsor has indicated that he is a Canadian citizen who is currently resident in the UAE. he has indicated he last lived in Canada in 2011 and that he plans to return to Canada in 2018. however your sponsor has not submitted any evidence of preparation made for those plans. i therefore have concerns that your sponsor may not intend to return to Canada as indicated. Please submit evidence of those plans or, if he has already returned to Canada, please submit evidence of this.

Please use this opportunity to address my concerns and indicate any further information you would like to be considered in respect of your application.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please respond using the address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence you send to the High Commission of Canada, London, UK.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely

Immigration Officer
You have 30 days to send in proof of your sponsor's intent to move back to Canada when your PR is approved. This can be things like job offers, apartment leases, buying a property, etc. Or, if the sponsor has already moved back to Canada, you need to send in proof of that.

As the letter says, a Canadian citizen may sponsor from outside of Canada, but under the strict condition that they return upon the finalization of that process. And they have to be able to prove this intent to return.

muhaid

Nov 13, 2018
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
You have 30 days to send in proof of your sponsor's intent to move back to Canada when your PR is approved. This can be things like job offers, apartment leases, buying a property, etc. Or, if the sponsor has already moved back to Canada, you need to send in proof of that.

As the letter says, a Canadian citizen may sponsor from outside of Canada, but under the strict condition that they return upon the finalization of that process. And they have to be able to prove this intent to return.
Currently it would be impossible for me to get job offers, apartment leases, buying a property. And also I will not be moving back to Canada soon but I will return to visit next year in march to renew my driving license and OHIP cards. can i do anything while am there and should apply for my wife's to visit Canada with me?

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
The sponsor is not a dependent.
Thanks @canuck_in_uk , for IMM5406E form, can write the names in the native language on the form using black ink after ensuring that other details are typed and printed in English and black ink, kindly suggest?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London

I never understood this part. How can one apply for a job when they don't know how the process will take? How can find a place and put down a deposit when you have no clue when you'll be there? Just silly

Reactions: C.R.M.

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
Thanks @canuck_in_uk , for IMM5406E form, can write the names in the native language on the form using black ink after ensuring that other details are typed and printed in English and black ink, kindly suggest?
Dear @canuck_in_uk , also please clarify that for or IMM5406E form whether we can add the present address of the sponsor, the PA's spouse in writing instead of typing(using black ink) and then take a printout of the same.., this is required as the sponsor's present address might change.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Currently it would be impossible for me to get job offers, apartment leases, buying a property. And also I will not be moving back to Canada soon but I will return to visit next year in march to renew my driving license and OHIP cards. can i do anything while am there and should apply for my wife's to visit Canada with me?

Unfortunately, when the sponsor that's a Canadian citizen chooses to sponsor from outside of Canada, they take on the obligation to move back when the process is complete. As you can see from the letter, they are asking for proof of this with the alternative being rejection of the application, so it's definitely a serious requirement.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I never understood this part. How can one apply for a job when they don't know how the process will take? How can find a place and put down a deposit when you have no clue when you'll be there? Just silly
Averages are known (currently at 12 months) and in the end, the ability for citizens to sponsor from outside of the country is a courtesy extended to them by the IRCC (evidenced by the fact that permanent residents cannot do it, even if it wouldn't violate the sponsor's residency obligation). It is understood that, if you're applying to sponsor your spouse for a PR, that you're doing so because you want to bring them to Canada and start a life with them there. It's not uncommon for sponsors in these cases to go to Canada ahead of their spouses to prepare everything for their arrival. It's pretty much expected obviously and that's how these sponsors get all the proof necessary regarding the intent to go back (or proof of already having moved back).

At the end of the day, if one has no intention of moving back home any time soon, there's no point in applying for a PR for their spouse.