+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Hello guys,
I applied for sponsoring my wife in Jan 2018 as an inland applicant. CIC has asked for additional documents to be submitted through online IRCC account. Is IRCC same as MYCIC account? If so I do not see any provision to upload additional documents in the account. Please help me clarify.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
Hi guys. Hello to all senior members here. I just found out this forum 2 weeks ago and it's very helpful. And I just wished that I found this before I submitted my application for conjugal sponsorship. I passed my application for sponsorship last Nov 2 but just arrived in Sydney last Nov. 9. I tried to backread but its way too long already and I can't seems find any of the same case with me. After reading the start of the forum, I got very scared that I am afraid that We didn't meet the requirements to be considered in conjugal relationship. We are same sex relationship and we are both from the Philippines which same sex marriage is not legal. I thought this reason alone is enough to be called conjugal. We are on our 9th year relationship but just started sharing financial matters on year 2015. We have a lot letters, gifts, remittances and talking everyday using viber app. We were workmates and friends for 2 years before becoming a couple in 2010. I have visited her only once since I came here in Canada though and we didn't try to apply for her trv to come here in Canada with me. If I could have found this forum earlier before I applied we definitely applied for trv first for I know there is high chance of her application of trv getting denied because she has no assets nor savings to present to immigration. Now, both of us are hopeless and we are almost expecting of a refusal of our application. Though, we are praying hard for positive outcome of our application. It is hard to live alone and having your loved ones with you in your side is one of the best thing that could happen.
Sorry, for posting too long. It just that if any of you had experienced applying conjugal I would love to get some insights so, we could prepare ourselves in what to do in the future.

Godbless us all.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys. Hello to all senior members here. I just found out this forum 2 weeks ago and it's very helpful. And I just wished that I found this before I submitted my application for conjugal sponsorship. I passed my application for sponsorship last Nov 2 but just arrived in Sydney last Nov. 9. I tried to backread but its way too long already and I can't seems find any of the same case with me. After reading the start of the forum, I got very scared that I am afraid that We didn't meet the requirements to be considered in conjugal relationship. We are same sex relationship and we are both from the Philippines which same sex marriage is not legal. I thought this reason alone is enough to be called conjugal. We are on our 9th year relationship but just started sharing financial matters on year 2015. We have a lot letters, gifts, remittances and talking everyday using viber app. We were workmates and friends for 2 years before becoming a couple in 2010. I have visited her only once since I came here in Canada though and we didn't try to apply for her trv to come here in Canada with me. If I could have found this forum earlier before I applied we definitely applied for trv first for I know there is high chance of her application of trv getting denied because she has no assets nor savings to present to immigration. Now, both of us are hopeless and we are almost expecting of a refusal of our application. Though, we are praying hard for positive outcome of our application. It is hard to live alone and having your loved ones with you in your side is one of the best thing that could happen.
Sorry, for posting too long. It just that if any of you had experienced applying conjugal I would love to get some insights so, we could prepare ourselves in what to do in the future.

Godbless us all.
I strongly suggest you withdraw your app, as it will very likely be refused and waste a lot of time.

Your partner needs to try for a TRV. If the TRV is approved, you can marry or become common-law. If the TRV is refused, you can then show an immigration barrier to her coming to Canada.

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
I strongly suggest you withdraw your app, as it will very likely be refused and waste a lot of time.

Your partner needs to try for a TRV. If the TRV is approved, you can marry or become common-law. If the TRV is refused, you can then show an immigration barrier to her coming to Canada.
Thanks for replying. Do you have any idea how would I withdraw the application? They just received it anyway last week so I assumed they haven't opened it. Do I need to call CIC and let them know that I will withdraw my application?

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
Thanks for replying. Do you have any idea how would I withdraw the application? They just received it anyway last week so I assumed they haven't opened it. Do I need to call CIC and let them know that I will withdraw my application?
After reading and researching I found out that I need to send a web form in IRCC. I will do my withdrawal tomorrow. I will tell them the real reason why I am withdrawing. Do you think I should mention them that we will try to apply for TRV in the future so we can be together to get married or live for 1 year so we can apply for spousal/common law?

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi.

I'll be applying for my spouse who is not in Canada. She has given IELTS and her band is 6.0.
Would this be an advantage for her Case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi.

I'll be applying for my spouse who is not in Canada. She has given IELTS and her band is 6.0.
Would this be an advantage for her Case?
No - no advantage.

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
Hello friends. Its me again. Could someone help me please if you have any idea regarding my concern? I am trying to withdraw my application for conjugal relationship application today? Which name I am going to put in the applicant section? Is mine or my partner's name? She has no UCI or application number yet which is mandatory field, I cannot proceed to next step. What should I do now? Please help..

Thanks,

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Hello friends. Its me again. Could someone help me please if you have any idea regarding my concern? I am trying to withdraw my application for conjugal relationship application today? Which name I am going to put in the applicant section? Is mine or my partner's name? She has no UCI or application number yet which is mandatory field, I cannot proceed to next step. What should I do now? Please help..

Thanks,
If you are the one living in canada, you would be the sponsor, the person outside of canada is the applicant

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
If you are the one living in canada, you would be the sponsor, the person outside of canada is the applicant
Thanks for the reply. That's what I did. The problem is she has no UCI and no application number either since the processing haven't started yet. Now, I cannot proceed to next step.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
The website says to include the # if applicable so seems it isnt necessary. Here is the link to withdrawl. If you cant do it that way for whatever reason, call them.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=732&top=14
Yes I am using the web form now, unfortunately I cannot proceed to upload the payment receipt since the web was asking for application number. Seems UCI is not mandatory field but the application number is. Maybe I need to call the IRCC now.
Thanks for replying.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Yes I am using the web form now, unfortunately I cannot proceed to upload the payment receipt since the web was asking for application number. Seems UCI is not mandatory field but the application number is. Maybe I need to call the IRCC now.
Thanks for replying.
Yes, you will get better advice by calling. Good luck