+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

gurjit_d

Apr 5, 2012
You need to move over to the PNP section of the forum.
hello,

thanks for your reply,

what exactly you mean , can you please describe more ? probaly my limited knowleege on this field, I may not understand few things, please excuse me for this.

My points are getting short, so apply along with Sponsorship has helped me to get inviation, with moving over PNP, what changes will it bring ? and can I still get qualified with my existing points. with Sponsorship, I have 611 points.

Regards
GD

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello,

thanks for your reply,

what exactly you mean , can you please describe more ? probaly my limited knowleege on this field, I may not understand few things, please excuse me for this.

My points are getting short, so apply along with Sponsorship has helped me to get inviation, with moving over PNP, what changes will it bring ? and can I still get qualified with my existing points. with Sponsorship, I have 611 points.

Regards
GD
The program you are speaking about is PNP with a family supporter, not family sponsorship. They are entirely different immigration streams. You need to post in the PNP section.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Where are you getting this from? There is absolutely no rule saying visitor status can only be extended once, nor is there a 6 month limit. IRCC is especially lenient when a sponsorship app is involved, often granting multiple extensions for a year at a time or even more. Many have extended their visitor status in Canada for years while going through the process. I always advise people applying for sponsorship to ask for a one year extension to get through the process and such extensions are almost never refused.

Again, you have absolutely no idea what their relationship history is. How do you know that haven't been together for years? How do you know that they haven't been long-distance for years? Or that they didn't live together in Mexico for years? Or that they didn't live together here in Canada for years while the partner was a student/worker? You don't know. You cannot tell someone they will likely be refused when you know nothing about their relationship. You cannot sit there and say they have red flags when you know nothing about their relationship. So yes, very irresponsible.
I apologize. I read that you could only get one extension. I shouldn't have posted without full knowledge. And I you are correct I don't know their full relationship history so for me to assume and give faulty information was irresponsible. I will be more careful when replying to threads. I apologize

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I apologize. I read that you could only get one extension. I shouldn't have posted without full knowledge. And I you are correct I don't know their full relationship history so for me to assume and give faulty information was irresponsible. I will be more careful when replying to threads. I apologize
I understand the desire to help on the forum. When I first joined, I also posted trying to help but not having the full knowledge. In my desire to help, I posted incorrect information. Immigration to Canada is a very complicated thing. Be active in the forum. Read, learn, and if you aren't sure of something, it is fine to say that when you post. There is nothing wrong with saying something you are unsure of, as long as you acknowledge that. I have been on the forum for many years and have read a lot and learned a lot but I am still far from knowing everything. The best way to learn is to search; most questions have been asked and answered already.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I understand the desire to help on the forum. When I first joined, I also posted trying to help but not having the full knowledge. In my desire to help, I posted incorrect information. Immigration to Canada is a very complicated thing. Be active in the forum. Read, learn, and if you aren't sure of something, it is fine to say that when you post. There is nothing wrong with saying something you are unsure of, as long as you acknowledge that. I have been on the forum for many years and have read a lot and learned a lot but I am still far from knowing everything. The best way to learn is to search; most questions have been asked and answered already.
You definitely seem to know what your telling about. Maybe you could help
You definitely seem to know what your talking about, maybe you could help me? When i log into gckey, under that list of account activity, it says " we need additional documents to process the application" butcwhen i click on "view submitted application" it says there are ni required documents". I received an email oct 25 asking for a new schedule A form because i i was missing information. I wasn't missing it, i had submitted a word document with it because i ran out of space, but im guessing they lost it or didn't see it. I uploaded the missing sheet via email attachment and asked if that was acceptable but i haven't heard back?

kwv19

Nov 9, 2018
Just fill something in like "1 no fixed address, USA" and explain on a separate sheet.
That's kind of the problem. They require certain fields to be filled out (eg post code, state and country) so I can't just leave it blank and write "no fixed address". I thought about doing that and writing the explanation letter and just not having those dates listed but then I was told that the form won't validate if I do that so I'm still stuck.

Surely I am not the only one who has had this issue?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
That's kind of the problem. They require certain fields to be filled out (eg post code, state and country) so I can't just leave it blank and write "no fixed address". I thought about doing that and writing the explanation letter and just not having those dates listed but then I was told that the form won't validate if I do that so I'm still stuck.

Then write in your actual place of residence there (your home, where you travel from) and write additional explanations regarding the traveling on a separate sheet.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You definitely seem to know what your telling about. Maybe you could help

You definitely seem to know what your talking about, maybe you could help me? When i log into gckey, under that list of account activity, it says " we need additional documents to process the application" butcwhen i click on "view submitted application" it says there are ni required documents". I received an email oct 25 asking for a new schedule A form because i i was missing information. I wasn't missing it, i had submitted a word document with it because i ran out of space, but im guessing they lost it or didn't see it. I uploaded the missing sheet via email attachment and asked if that was acceptable but i haven't heard back?
I never used gckey, so I can't help with that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I didnt say leave it blank. Put something in all of those fields and explain on a separate sheet.

freakyVicky

Mar 30, 2016
Hello experts/all, I am looking to sponsor my wife for inland PR. We have been married for less than a year. I have a query related to point# 7 of IMM 5533 Document Checklist - Spouse

7.Proof of Relationship to Sponsor- Here it asks for address proofs if myself and my spouse are living together in Canada and asks for atleast 2 set of documents. I do have a rental agreement that shows both my and my wife's name. So one document is done. Apart from that I am not sure what all I can put and select atleast 2 checkbox. I have below options:
> Joint utility account - We have Toronto Hydro utility account and I did get her listed as joint account but Toronto Hydro prints only one name on the bill. Can I use the screenshot from Toronto Hydro online account where it mentions my wife's name as secondary account holder? As they ask for a bill with joint names, is it ok if I select this checkbox and attach screenshot document?
> Govt. issued documents - Application asks for govt. issued document on both sponsor and principal applicant names. We do have my wife's (principal applicant's) photo resident card but no such document for me (the sponsor).
Is it mandatory that I apply and get the Driving License or photo resident card for myself before we submit the application?
As we dont have any govt. issue document with address, I can not select this checkbox for attaching document.​
>Other documents issued to sponsor or principal applicant with same address: we have several options here that we can submit:
#Internet on PA (wife's name)
#Photo resident card of PA
#Credit card on sponsor name
#Bank statement on sponsor name
#Tenant Insurance on sponsor name
#Hydro bill with sponsor name on bill (wife/PA name on detailed account screenshot)
#Visitor insurance receipts for Sponsor
#Visitor insurance receipt for PA
Is it fine if I submit these documents and select this other documents checkbox?

Please advise is it ok to select only 2 checkboxes (Rental Agreement and Other documents) and go ahead with application. Or suggest an alternate if I can do anything else to help strengthen my application considering our marriage is just 9 months old and we recently arrived in September.

Additional thing concerning me is that, I dont have a CRA notice of assessment and have only one salary slip as my employer pays monthly salary here and I have not yet completed 2 months. I am attaching letter of explanation and also employer letter stating my annual salary but still it concerns me.

Apologies for long query, kindly help with your experience and suggestions.

maham13

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hey guys !! I hope everyone is doing well.
I’m 7th,march,2018 Applicant( outland lahore) . My file transferred to LVO on 27thjune
All steps are clear and complete silence by LVO since thn. We emailed LVO last month regarding our status. They replied file is awaiting at initial review. Any idea after how long can I receive DM and PPR request????
Can anyone help with this regard???

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
Hey guys !! I hope everyone is doing well.
I’m 7th,march,2018 Applicant( outland lahore) . My file transferred to LVO on 27thjune
All steps are clear and complete silence by LVO since thn. We emailed LVO last month regarding our status. They replied file is awaiting at initial review. Any idea after how long can I receive DM and PPR request????
Can anyone help with this regard???
I'm in the same situation as you but with a slight change after contact with the office they said that you are in the queue for interview but they dont send me a date .. so i cant tell you nothing else just wait and wait , like me haha

maham13

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I'm in the same situation as you but with a slight change after contact with the office they said that you are in the queue for interview but they dont send me a date .. so i cant tell you nothing else just wait and wait , like me haha
That’s all we can do lol

Reactions: Alda