+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

freakyVicky

Mar 30, 2016
#canuck_in_uk and other senior members - can you please help me with my query.

Hello experts/all, I am looking to sponsor my wife for inland PR. We have been married for less than a year. I have a query related to point# 7 of IMM 5533 Document Checklist - Spouse

7.Proof of Relationship to Sponsor- Here it asks for address proofs if myself and my spouse are living together in Canada and asks for atleast 2 set of documents. I do have a rental agreement that shows both my and my wife's name. So one document is done. Apart from that I am not sure what all I can put and select atleast 2 checkbox. I have below options:
> Joint utility account - We have Toronto Hydro utility account and I did get her listed as joint account but Toronto Hydro prints only one name on the bill. Can I use the screenshot from Toronto Hydro online account where it mentions my wife's name as secondary account holder? As they ask for a bill with joint names, is it ok if I select this checkbox and attach screenshot document?
> Govt. issued documents - Application asks for govt. issued document on both sponsor and principal applicant names. We do have my wife's (principal applicant's) photo resident card but no such document for me (the sponsor).
Is it mandatory that I apply and get the Driving License or photo resident card for myself before we submit the application?
As we dont have any govt. issue document with address, I can not select this checkbox for attaching document.​
>Other documents issued to sponsor or principal applicant with same address: we have several options here that we can submit:
#Internet on PA (wife's name)
#Photo resident card of PA
#Credit card on sponsor name
#Bank statement on sponsor name
#Tenant Insurance on sponsor name
#Hydro bill with sponsor name on bill (wife/PA name on detailed account screenshot)
#Visitor insurance receipts for Sponsor
#Visitor insurance receipt for PA
Is it fine if I submit these documents and select this other documents checkbox?

Please advise is it ok to select only 2 checkboxes (Rental Agreement and Other documents) and go ahead with application. Or suggest an alternate if I can do anything else to help strengthen my application considering our marriage is just 9 months old and we recently arrived in September.

Additional thing concerning me is that, I dont have a CRA notice of assessment and have only one salary slip as my employer pays monthly salary here and I have not yet completed 2 months. I am attaching letter of explanation and also employer letter stating my annual salary but still it concerns me.

Apologies for long query, kindly help with your experience and suggestions.

Elton yryku

Apr 25, 2018
Does anyone knows how long takes the eligibility too get through my application has 7 months that has been delivered and I opend a gkey acound a couple days ago and that what is saying now sibe than nothings changed.does anyone form old experience know how much it takes usaley.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Does anyone knows how long takes the eligibility too get through my application has 7 months that has been delivered and I opend a gkey acound a couple days ago and that what is saying now sibe than nothings changed.does anyone form old experience know how much it takes usaley.
Read so many posts on here saying 12 months or more. Just read.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
12 months is the hole application.but are different steps on it.thanks you thought
12 months is the average for the whole process, from sending the application to getting the PR. 80% of applications are processed in 12 months.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Help: does anyone know the difference between a security check and criminality? I thought they were the range?

Sponsor and applicant eligibility has been met.
Security checks were initiated Oct 23, 2018 and are in progress. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.
Criminality has not started.
Medicals are valid until Oct 12, 2019.

freakyVicky

Mar 30, 2016
Submit those proofs. The letter of explanation in place of the NOA is fine.
Thanks mate for your response. My concern was just selecting only 2 check boxes in proof of relationship to sponsor.

Additionally I (sponsor) do not have a Driving License or Ontario photo resident card, is it fine to go ahead without these or should I apply and wait for that. That may be minimum 2-3 week wair. Please advise.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks mate for your response. My concern was just selecting only 2 check boxes in proof of relationship to sponsor.

Additionally I (sponsor) do not have a Driving License or Ontario photo resident card, is it fine to go ahead without these or should I apply and wait for that. That may be minimum 2-3 week wair. Please advise.
You only need to select 2.

It is not required.

freakyVicky

Mar 30, 2016
You only need to select 2.

It is not required.
Thanks buddy. One more query, in form 5532e there is a question for list of people who know about my and wife's relationship. In that we need to mention ''Date they met sponsor or principal applicant".

What date should I mention here - the date since I (sponsor) or my wife (principal applicant) know them or when the latter one got introduced to them?

Also I have printed the forms on both sides of paper. Hope that's is not an issue.

I feel really thankful to you for sharing your experience and helping us all with our queroes.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks buddy. One more query, in form 5532e there is a question for list of people who know about my and wife's relationship. In that we need to mention ''Date they met sponsor or principal applicant".

What date should I mention here - the date since I (sponsor) or my wife (principal applicant) know them or when the latter one got introduced to them?

Also I have printed the forms on both sides of paper. Hope that's is not an issue.

I feel really thankful to you for sharing your experience and helping us all with our queroes.
Depends on the person listed. If they knew you first, the date they met your partner. Or vice versa.

Double-sided is fine.

Raman92

Nov 14, 2018
Hello,
I have applied for canadian pr post marriage
So i recently received an email stating if i require any pre arruval services from canada before arriving which would be free of cost to me
And then my application status got changed to Decision made
So what does that indicate
Since i received that pre arrival service email

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Hello,
I have applied for canadian pr post marriage
So i recently received an email stating if i require any pre arruval services from canada before arriving which would be free of cost to me
And then my application status got changed to Decision made
So what does that indicate
Since i received that pre arrival service email
That means you have passed the Eligibility as well as your background check is done. You will get the PPR in few days now. Congrats. Don't forget to share your timeline and visa office please :)

Reactions: Raman92