canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey Guys,

My wife application is in progress and I am on PR here. Would it be an issue if I travel to India for 3 months for company project?

I applied in April, the file is still in progress with NDVO.
Yes, it can most certainly be an issue. You are required to be in Canada while the PR app processes. A few weeks is genrally OK but 3 months is far too long. You risk IRCC determining that you no longer reside in Canada and refusing your app.

No problem with travel
See above.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

I am filling out imm5669e (Schedule A / Background Delclaration) and have included three month's travel in the Personal History section. I am struggling to figure out what to put during that timeframe for the Address section.

Personal History I have this:

2016-12 - 2017-01
Travel - USA

2017-01 - 2017-05
Unemployed - Canada

Now between 2016-12 and 2017-03 I had no residential address as I was travelling for most of it.

Apparently it won't validate if there is a gap in the timeline, so I don't think I'll be able to just leave that time out and go on to add my address from 2017-03 onwards, and write a letter of explanation.

I need help. I need this application to be sent off ASAP and I am stuck.

Thanks!!
Just fill something in like "1 no fixed address, USA" and explain on a separate sheet.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi there,

I have just submitted an inland application for my wife who is here on a visit visa. How long would it take for them to notify me that they have recived the applicaiton and all documents are completed. Which then would begin the case processing?

I sent the app to Ontario.

Thanks.
You will get the AOR in about 6-8 weeks. Could be sooner, could be a bit later, but that's the average.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
No problem with travel
This is incorrect.

@priteshhi, as you are a permanent resident and not a citizen, you must be in Canada for the whole duration of the application being processed. You may leave for a week or two, but three months is far too long and you're risking your application being considered abandoned and cancelled.

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
You will get the AOR in about 6-8 weeks. Could be sooner, could be a bit later, but that's the average.
My wife's visitor visa (6 months) is up on Dec 21st. Do I need to do extend the visitor visa or does the AOR confirms the automatic extension while the PR is in process?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
My wife's visitor visa (6 months) is up on Dec 21st. Do I need to do extend the visitor visa or does the AOR confirms the automatic extension while the PR is in process?
Implied status comes only from the OWP being processed, not the normal PR application. Did you also apply for her work permit? Did you pay $255 for it?

You can extend for a peace of mind. It's $100 and you need to apply for the extension by and including Dec 21, so you have time as well.

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Implied status comes only from the OWP being processed, not the normal PR application. Did you also apply for her work permit? Did you pay $255 for it?

You can extend for a peace of mind. It's $100 and you need to apply for the extension by and including Dec 21, so you have time as well.
Yes, we did apply for the OWP as well. I did pay that fee, yes. It takes approx 4 months for the OWP approval, so how would that work in our case given Dec 21st her last day as a visitor?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, we did apply for the OWP as well. I did pay that fee, yes. It takes approx 4 months for the OWP approval, so how would that work in our case given Dec 21st her last day as a visitor?
Provided the PR /OWP app is not returned, she would have Implied Status after Dec 21st.

As said above, she can apply for a visitor extension just before Dec 21st, just in case.

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hello friends,

I will be applying for my wife's PR soon.

Kindly help me as I am so confused if we both have to fill in form 5669E and form 5406E. My wife is the principal applicant and I am the sponsor. As far as I see only the principal applicant is required to fill those forms.

Hoping for some assistance.

Thank You,
Ritvik Singh

Rachelzap

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
10-01-2019
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
10-01-2019
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Hi everyone, i am a principal applicant just wondering . Do we fill out one document checklist together with my husband (sponsor) or do we fill out two different document checklist for each of us?

Hope you could help. Thank you :)

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hi everyone, i am a principal applicant just wondering . Do we fill out one document checklist together with my husband (sponsor) or do we fill out two different document checklist for each of us?

As per my knowledge there would be just 1 checklist!

Reactions: Rachelzap

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

One checklist for the whole application. Sponsors and applicants don't need to fill out and send all the same things anyway, and it's all clearly listed in the checklist (sponsor part, applicant part, proof of relationship part, etc).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
He can extend 1 time. For another 6 months. And then has to leave. The sponsorship wouldn't be fine within that time. And really? Irresponsible? People here have been married for over a year and applied and are using problems proving their relationships are genuine. Meet someone on Vaca, get married and ask to sponsor? Red flags all over that application. What I said wasn't irresponsible It was realistic. But hey! If they want to rush, get denied abd then spend the next 1 to 3 years dealing with an appeal, that's their choice.
Where are you getting this from? There is absolutely no rule saying visitor status can only be extended once, nor is there a 6 month limit. IRCC is especially lenient when a sponsorship app is involved, often granting multiple extensions for a year at a time or even more. Many have extended their visitor status in Canada for years while going through the process. I always advise people applying for sponsorship to ask for a one year extension to get through the process and such extensions are almost never refused.

Again, you have absolutely no idea what their relationship history is. How do you know that haven't been together for years? How do you know that they haven't been long-distance for years? Or that they didn't live together in Mexico for years? Or that they didn't live together here in Canada for years while the partner was a student/worker? You don't know. You cannot tell someone they will likely be refused when you know nothing about their relationship. You cannot sit there and say they have red flags when you know nothing about their relationship. So yes, very irresponsible.

Reactions: np08 and niamahmoud

gurjit_d

Apr 5, 2012
Hello,

I have an enquiry about sponsorship program for Manitoba. My first brother who is already in Manitoba from few years want to sponsor me. But my brother had already nominated her first cousin for sponsorship 3 months earlier for which file is in still progress.

My question is, can my brother sponsor two or more person at same time ? or I have to wait for her cousin file to complete and then I should use his sponsorship.

I have already received inviation for Manitoba program.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I have an enquiry about sponsorship program for Manitoba. My first brother who is already in Manitoba from few years want to sponsor me. But my brother had already nominated her first cousin for sponsorship 3 months earlier for which file is in still progress.

My question is, can my brother sponsor two or more person at same time ? or I have to wait for her cousin file to complete and then I should use his sponsorship.

I have already received inviation for Manitoba program.
You need to move over to the PNP section of the forum.