11-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Hey Guys,

My wife application is in progress and I am on PR here. Would it be an issue if I travel to India for 3 months for company project?

I applied in April, the file is still in progress with NDVO.

nishamohsin

Aug 17, 2018
Great post ! Can you please help me to understand more Am from pakistan and also live there. My wife live in Canada And she sponsor me under family class she submit the file on 2017- December -04, i pass the medical examination provide everything like photographs Marriage certificate, Family & friends letters about real marriage, chat or Calls records, Money transaction records , But we still have to wait until know.
What would you recomend what we have to do.

longskijay

Nov 7, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Hi guys, I need the help of filling up my wife application
Thanks a lot for the replied!!!
Hi, just a follow-up question in Family Class under Spouse Sponsorship checklist 6 IMM 0008 education/occupation details question 4 intended occupation. I don’t have any idea of what occupation I will put or should I make it N/A?

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
I’m April applicant and got medical passed on oct/23 and that was the last update

Received my Work permit around first week of October

Now I am leaving out of country on Nov 20

but I don’t have a valid travel visa (TRV)

I applied for it nov 1st and got approval yesterday and they have requested my passport

I’m wondering is there anything I can do to make sure that I will get my passport back by then or is there any docs I need to attached with passport to get it faster

Its family emergency and I have to go

and what courier services should I use?

any help will be appreciated as I have pre booked flight for Nov/20

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
I’m April applicant and got medical passed on oct/23 and that was the last update

Received my Work permit around first week of October

Now I am leaving out of country on Nov 20

but I don’t have a valid travel visa (TRV)

I applied for it nov 1st and got approval yesterday and they have requested my passport

I’m wondering is there anything I can do to make sure that I will get my passport back by then or is there any docs I need to attached with passport to get it faster

Its family emergency and I have to go

and what courier services should I use?

any help will be appreciated as I have pre booked flight for Nov/20
The best approach would be to send it ASAP and then when they receive it, you can give them a call and explain the situation. Although they don't really care about someones personal issues and work slow but still it might help. Keeping in mind the recent Canada Post strikes, you can use UPS or Purolator overnight service (dont forget to send a prepay envelop as well)

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
The best approach would be to send it ASAP and then when they receive it, you can give them a call and explain the situation. Although they don't really care about someones personal issues and work slow but still it might help. Keeping in mind the recent Canada Post strikes, you can use UPS or Purolator overnight service (dont forget to send a prepay envelop as well)
Hel

thanks for you help
but it says on website that even if i send it with UPS and Purolator , they will send it back via express post with Canada post

Do u know if that's okay if i travel outside of country and get visa printed on my passport from my home country ?
if take all valid docs with me

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Hel

thanks for you help
but it says on website that even if i send it with UPS and Purolator , they will send it back via express post with Canada post

Do u know if that's okay if i travel outside of country and get visa printed on my passport from my home country ?
if take all valid docs with me
Usually you send the return pre pay envelop with your application, and they use that. But if they have mentioned about Canada post return, you better send it with Canada post too (Express or Priority with signature).

The request letter for visa is received from CPC-OTTAWA, that's where they are going to stamp your passport. Generally I would not take such risk to send my passport from home country but there is no harm in doing so. Because the local VFS sends your passport to nearby embassy for visa stamp. But your case is different. On the other hand, if you have US visa, then you can come back to US and then travel to Canada by road using your work permit.

Last edited: