+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Please submit ONLY ORIGINAL of PCC as we did so. They would like to see ORIGINAL as per my experience :)
BTWay can you see my timeline below in grey area? It was not visible be4; just dbl checking? thanks

yes i can see your timeline...I will ask my wife to courier me original then.One more question, should I ask her to go for medicals upfront or as an when the request comes for medical, should we do then ?

I know as per checklist, they as for medical ..just curious as I can save some time later .

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
i got the letter to proceed with medical as well. does it mean that my sponsorship is approved ?
I got the same today. BUt it does not approve the whole thing. It means Sponsor is eligible. Applicant will be checked now.

Dennispham

Jan 26, 2017
Hi everyone. My application for spouse sponsorship received from Jan 26th. I went for medical exam on July 15th. Today, I check my account on CIC. It shows
Review of eligibility : on process
Medical : pass
Additional documents : reviewing
Background : processing and the rest is You/ We don't need.
Can anyone tell me what is the next step of the processing ( i heard somewhere it is not applicable one of those sections above )
How long will it takes to next step or landing paper? My study permit will expired next March.
thank eveyone

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May I ask for help on this please.

My wife got a letter from LVO about our application. I was not a PR yet in 2016 so instead of me inviting her to visit we ask a friend to do it. She was denied entry at that time. Now, they are doubting the genuineness of our relationship. Had someone had this problem before? MAy I know what did you do please?

They are asking why instead of me inviting her or her brother (he doesn't like me so he did not agree to invite my then girlfriend now wife to come to Canada) our friend did (we did not indicated that he is our common friend). Thinking more about it, this is getting complicated.

I was a temporary worker at that time so that was the main reason why I was not the one who invited her. Was it a mistake?

Can please someone help me on this?

this is the letter if this would help in making my questions clear:

You were refused a visit visa to Canada on 20/10/16. Our records show that, on that application,
you indicated an intention to visit a friend called (name of friend). Please explain why you
intended to visit him, rather than your sponsor, who was living in Canada at the time, or your
brother, who was also resident in Canada at that time. I am concerned that you chose, at that
time, to visit a friend, having travelled thousands of miles at significant cost, when you could
have travelled to visit your sponsor, with whom you were in a romantic relationship at that time.
This casts doubt on the genuineness of your relationship at that time. Please explain your
decision not to visit your sponsor at that time, but a friend, and please explain the nature of your
relationship with the friend.
You have indicated you have not lived with your sponsor or visited him at any time during your
relationship. I am concerned that, by not having lived together, even for short periods on
holiday, you have not demonstrated the level of commitment which would reasonably be
expected of a couple in a genuine relationship. You have not submitted any evidence of any
visits from your sponsor subsequent to the submission of your application for permanent
residence. Your sponsor is now a permanent resident of Canada and therefore would now be
able to visit you in the UAE. This apparent lack of visits raises concerns regarding you and your
sponsor’s commitment to each other in a bona fide relationship.
Please note, if your relationship is not considered to be genuine and instead entered into
primarily to gain entry to Canada, you would no longer be considered a member of the family
class.
You have not submitted any evidence to support your statement that your sponsor was residing
in Canada at the time

Thank you!
Can someone help me on this please?

Also, if I moved to a different address, do I need to inform IRCC about that or it's only required for principal applicant? I am the sponsor.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Hanoya2018

Oct 22, 2018
Can someone help me on this please?

Also, if I moved to a different address, do I need to inform IRCC about that or it's only required for principal applicant? I am the sponsor.

Thanks,
I will answer about the address , yes you need to go to IRCC website and change your address it is pretty forward. good luck

ryosuzuki

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Med's Request
September 2017
Med's Done....
November 2017
Passport Req..
October 05 2018
What happens when the passport with counterfoil and COPR got expired due to delayed delivery?

It’s been 1 month and we only have 16 days to land in canada and our passports are still in CPC Ottawa and it still has to be delivered halfway around the globe.

Lounna yla

Nov 7, 2018
My husband Canadian (Quebec) . I live in Morocco and he will start to do parrinage . Now i want to know wish papier he will need ? Plz answer me

DouglasDylane

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
My husband Canadian (Quebec) . I live in Morocco and he will start to do parrinage . Now i want to know wish papier he will need ? Plz answer me
You should read the complete guide for spouse sponsorship, you can find it on CIC. Then if you have questions it will be easier to answer you.

longskijay

Nov 7, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Hi, I need help for my spouse sponsorships application because I’m still confused which box should I need to check, and to Whom is this question for the sponsor or principal applicant? I’m on checklist IMM 5533, question number 5 about Class of application. I’m the sponsor living in Canada, and my wife is the principal applicant residing outside Canada based on my situations should I check the 3rd box that was saying, ” I’m currently living outside Canada, and I’m applying under the Family class?

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Hi, I need help for my spouse sponsorships application because I’m still confused which box should I need to check, and to Whom is this question for the sponsor or principal applicant? I’m on checklist IMM 5533, question number 5 about Class of application. I’m the sponsor living in Canada, and my wife is the principal applicant residing outside Canada based on my situations should I check the 3rd box that was saying, ” I’m currently living outside Canada, and I’m applying under the Family class?
Yes. Family class