+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Amanda Singh

Oct 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

We are 12 months into our application process, no issues so far (touch wood) We just received a notice this morning that the "Eligibility Passed" for our INLAND spousal sponsorship application. Does anyone know what is next? What this means? or is anyone at the same stage?
Any information would be great!

Good luck everyone!
Means its now your spouse's turn and it will start at the top...medical,finger prints ,background check..etc...see your linked account for details.

Amanda Singh

Oct 16, 2017
Question. I'm a Canadian citizen, been married since 2016, been together since well technically 2014 when we started talking met him in 2015 ,Oct, married him Jan 2016, lived with him in Jamaica for a year, still together been through a lot, we have interview in may, we submitted everything in original application, pictures , money I sent, proof of visits, holidays, everything as we are 1000000% legit, they've asked for a relationship statement on how our marriage or relationship has progressed, and any other evidence to be brought by him personally to interview, is this a bad thing?? Plus pay the permanent resident fee and bring receipt, plus medical proof, we've done everything, to bring in with him to his interview, the only thing they said we must do separate is get a new police check as ours expired, April 2,2018.. But anyone been through or had email stating bring such and such is this put on all interview emails, bring any other evidence you that is not on file , to support your marriage or relationship ... Along those lin
Having the interview is a very bad sign I must say we went through the same things. Bring every proof you can ever imagine they may ask. Make sure that all of your stories and answers match they will cross examine you and they will look back at previously submitted information. When you think you have enough evidence find more bring more letters from family or friends speaking about your relationship or how they know you. Anything you can possibly find bring it to the interview you won't regret it but you will regret it if you don't period when my husband went for his interview we had no idea what he was in for. And he was refused. He has since been approved and will be in Canada very soon. 2 years we have waited. I wish that I could live with him in India during that time but I have a daughter here.

mrsjess

May 19, 2018
Guys i have received pre-arrival Email since March 31 and nothing since,even BGC not in process its been 51 days,is it normal? My timeline is in my signature and Paris VO
If you dont mind May i ask what's included in your pre-arrival email?

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
If you dont mind May i ask what's included in your pre-arrival email?
Hi, this is a sample of a pre-arrival letter, take note that the logo of IRCC should be present in the letter

UCI: _________________________

Hello, We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada. Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers offer free information to help you with: • Living and working in Canada; • Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada; • Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada, including language training; and • Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking communities. If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website: canada.ca/pre-arrival-services. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv al-services&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=general When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services are always at no cost to you. You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at cic.gc.ca/publications. Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter (Twitter.com/CitImmCanada). Sincerely, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: Toulele

mrsjess

May 19, 2018
Hi, this is a sample of a pre-arrival letter, take note that the logo of IRCC should be present in the letter

UCI: _________________________

Hello, We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada. Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers offer free information to help you with: • Living and working in Canada; • Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada; • Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada, including language training; and • Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking communities. If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website: canada.ca/pre-arrival-services. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv al-services&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=general When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services are always at no cost to you. You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at cic.gc.ca/publications. Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter (Twitter.com/CitImmCanada). Sincerely, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
I've also received same letter..is this the AEIP S.U.C.C.E.S.S.? but still like your case No new updates

andrei0917

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Hi all,
My husband and I got married in january of this year. I wanted to renew my passport with his last name since it will expire this November but it will take approximately 6 months to have it changed in my country and we got our marriage certificate in March. So if I will do the name change, it will be done by September and my spousal application will be submitted by October and mind you my open work permit (PGWP) with my passport will expire on November. Should I be worried that my new passport that will be used for the spousal sponsorship that I will submit by June is still under my lastname before marriage?
And lastly, I am still holding an open work permit (PGWP) until November. When I submit my spousal application, will I also submit an OWP application or just change status or extend my OWP/PGWP?

Exorcist

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
From 19 May 2018 in my GCkey Shows Decision Made. And today i seen this----
  1. We sent you correspondence on May 22, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
What does it means?? Does it take more time?? or Anything Wrong??
TIA.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
hey all;
I put my time line here , I did not hear for my OWP since then and I need your comments if I should get worried or not :D

Inland PR+OWP application:

App received: Feb 9/2018
AOR1: March 07/2018
Sponsorship Linked: March 07/2018
Open work permit linked: March 18/2018
Schedule A/PCC requested and uploaded: March 24/2018

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
hey all;
I put my time line here , I did not hear for my OWP since then and I need your comments if I should get worried or not :D

Inland PR+OWP application:

App received: Feb 9/2018
AOR1: March 07/2018
Sponsorship Linked: March 07/2018
Open work permit linked: March 18/2018
Schedule A/PCC requested and uploaded: March 24/2018
It takes about 4 months to get the OWP, you're still within that time frame

andrei0917

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Hello! I have a question regarding additional sheet for explanation and etc.. does it have to be formal? Is there a sample shee lt for it? Say for the additional member that won’t fit in the boxes and i have to add more on another sheet. Examples like that. Thank you!

brmuralikrishnan

May 9, 2018
Due to the maintenance of Fund and CRS, i am planning to apply for me. So can i include my spouse and kid after landing there by applying spouse visa, how easy it is and how long it takes to get PR for them.???

mrsjess

May 19, 2018
From 19 May 2018 in my GCkey Shows Decision Made. And today i seen this----
  1. We sent you correspondence on May 22, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
What does it means?? Does it take more time?? or Anything Wrong??
TIA.
I also received that kind of letter 3 times in different dates. I also dont know what does it mean. But the information/documents that they need were all provided ahead of time..so i was thinking also if what is this mean..anybody from this forum can help/answer our quiries? Thanks in advance

dgjobbing

Nov 18, 2017
hello group

I have question regarding the submission of sponsorship application for my wife.
I am a canadian PR sponsoring my wife in India and have a question regarding the below:

India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card
My wife has her original birth certificate in Marathi and also the 10 certificate (in english) which indicates her DOB. Her voter id card unfortunately has her name mispelled.

Is it sufficient to submit only the original birth certificate in Marathi and 10 certificate in the sponsorship application?

Thank you in advance !!

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hello! I have a question regarding additional sheet for explanation and etc.. does it have to be formal? Is there a sample shee lt for it? Say for the additional member that won’t fit in the boxes and i have to add more on another sheet. Examples like that. Thank you!
Hi, what we did was I wrote on top of every additional sheet my name (PA), date of birth, my husband’s (sponsor) name and his date of birth and the name of the form I was attaching this sheet to and what question exactly I was answering. For example, “Attachment to the form “...”, question #....etc. On the form itself I wrote with pen “continued on the separate sheet” just so they are able to see that there’s continuation of the form. Me and my husband both signed those additional sheets too but I don’t know if that was required, we did it just in case.