+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hello,

I (applicant) and my husband (sponsor) sent our spousal PR application last week to the immigration. What should I expect the next?

haman1985

Feb 11, 2018
I have two questions regarding spouse sponsorship application :
1. I have applied for my spouse living outside Canada and I got the email from the immigration officer in visa office (in Ankara, Turkey) asking for some extra supporting documents regarding my application file but they haven’t specified how we suppose to send them documents, for example by email or mail , etc .. I have actually sent the documents by Cic webpage and got the confirmion online which states the documents has been sent successfully online by webpage but I was still not sure if they got them and I also thought to send the documents by mail but the courier for mailing is so expensive .. so I am feeling desperate as not sure which way the documents supposed to be sent ..
2. I got the pre-arrival letter from
The Canada immigration . Has anyone knows what it means ?

Thanks in advance

Exorcist

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 29, 2018.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 22, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
My status show "Decision Made". What next?? I am worried!!
TIA

andrei0917

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Hi, what we did was I wrote on top of every additional sheet my name (PA), date of birth, my husband’s (sponsor) name and his date of birth and the name of the form I was attaching this sheet to and what question exactly I was answering. For example, “Attachment to the form “...”, question #....etc. On the form itself I wrote with pen “continued on the separate sheet” just so they are able to see that there’s continuation of the form. Me and my husband both signed those additional sheets too but I don’t know if that was required, we did it just in case.
Thabk you much! How was it? Did they accept it?

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
can I ask something?? I don't know if I have mentioned it before. Do they ask passports from all?? I had some Greek friends and they never asked for their passports. just send a pr card. is that normal??

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
can I ask something?? I don't know if I have mentioned it before. Do they ask passports from all?? I had some Greek friends and they never asked for their passports. just send a pr card. is that normal??
No, they do not ask for passports from everybody.

They ask for passports from every applicant from a non visa exempt country.

For us, we got decision made and our confirmation of permanent residency a couple weeks later. It's rare, more often than not you will get PPR (passport request)

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Congrats !! it means your process is over,and you are approved,wait now for PPR it will come by Email within few days or 2 weeks maximum[/QUO
Scroll down and you will show "Online Tools"
On the otheer hand, as in tipical way u check ur status where it is in "In processing" beside ur name?!! In mine it shows Decision Made.

congrats!! when did you apply??

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I applied for my husband and some while still living in Greece with them. we are in process, passed medical exams and uploaded schedule A and pc.
Im thinking to go to Toronto in July and try to get a job then a flat and then enroll kid in school because I don't want him to start here and then change. . Probably by end of August they will not be accepted yet as PRs . Do you think my husband should come to bring kid in Canada and stay with a tourist visa until he gets approved or is it a crazy plan?? cons and pros please....

ankitban.27

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Hi guys,
I came to Toronto last month(April) on PR.I got engaged in March before coming to Canada.I am planning to get marry somewhere in October/November 2018.What is the best way my fiancee can come to Canada after marriage.I have explored different options as follows:-
1) Spouse visa:- It takes around 8-10 months so don't want to wait for that long.
2) Visitor Visa:- She is not working , she is studying and will be completing her studies in June so she does not have strong ties in India.Neither she has any travel history.Will she get visitor visa?
Her mom has travel history.Can she apply with her mom under family visitor visa class?
3) Student Visa:- Can she come as an international student in January intake and can we marry here after that in Canada? If yes, will her student visa be convert into open work permit?
4) PR visa :- She is preparing for IELTS in the mean time but getting 8 7 7 7 depends on luck.

So guys, please suggest what would be the best way.I am looking forward for your valuable feedback's.

vansharora

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER 10 Mar
AOR Received.
21 May
File Transfer...
SLU 7-July
Med's Request
8 July
Med's Done....
13 July & TLU 21 July
Interview........
Waived off ... DM 22 Aug
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
Soon....
Hi.. i have a question regarding the surname of spouse. In my home country we have a tradition of changing the surname after marriage. As per my marriage certificate her surname has not been changed but new surname has been changed in all other national identity documents including the passport.
Now do i need to attach any evidence that the previous name and the present name are same or do i have to amend the marriage certificate before i apply. Pls guide as government work in my home country are hell lot of task. I am very confused need guidance from forums expert members.

sadman787

May 25, 2018
I want to sponsor my wife to come to Canada after about 6 months. I am a PR in Canada, soon to be a citizen. But right now I want to apply for her visitor visa. Does holding visiting visa cause problem for spouse sponsorship processing?

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I also received that kind of letter 3 times in different dates. I also dont know what does it mean. But the information/documents that they need were all provided ahead of time..so i was thinking also if what is this mean..anybody from this forum can help/answer our quiries? Thanks in advance
Hi, have you liked your account to the existing applicatiin?usually there eill be a request letter in your account as well.

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi.. i have a question regarding the surname of spouse. In my home country we have a tradition of changing the surname after marriage. As per my marriage certificate her surname has not been changed but new surname has been changed in all other national identity documents including the passport.
Now do i need to attach any evidence that the previous name and the present name are same or do i have to amend the marriage certificate before i apply. Pls guide as government work in my home country are hell lot of task. I am very confused need guidance from forums expert members.
, Hi , I had similar problem. In my country my surname is MAMALOU and in yhis way I am in all documents but in my canadian citizenship im MAMALOS eicht is the surname of my father. Now in Csnada all documents must follow my citizenship paper, but I had to include greek driving licence, greek id, any document with MAMALOU and a photo id as long with my canadian passport where I am as Mamalos and a letter of explanation to verify that I am the same person. Hope that will work for you as well