+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I am hoping someone can help me answer a few questions that I have regarding sponsoring my future wife as I have not been able to find a concrete answer online.

I am Canadian citizen and my fiance is a US citizen. We are having a big wedding with family and friends in September in the US, and then she is planning on moving to Canada sometime in October. We are considering getting married in the court house in the US sooner so we can start the application process. This would then make it an outland application.

So here are my questions:

1. Will she be allowed to enter Canada and live here while we wait for the application to be processed? She will not be working during this time and I will be supporting her financially

2. Can she move all of her things to Canada?

3. Can she leave Canada once she enters and comes back while her application is processing?

4. Would it better to wait until October when she comes to Canada and apply for an inland application instead?
Usually they come wuth tourist visa, that means need to have a return ticket and last 6 months if Im right. But I think they are quit strict with what you carry. Usually inland applications take longer time than outland.

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi guys

I am just curious for spousal sponsorship. What could be the main reason or common reasons for spousal sponsorship refusal?

On my side, both my husband and I are genuinely in love recognized by both side of the family, we are not on welfare, we cohabitaed since our first meeting/dating phase Sept 2016. Engaged in Dec 2017 and got married in January 2018. We have been to places just us and with friends and family, no criminal records for the both of us . We share expense on rent, phone, internet and groceries. But the thing is we have no insurance to prove that we both recognize each other as spouse such as health insurance (he has Ohip but I don't have), and no car insurance since we have no car yet. What could go wrong? Thank you so much and I am hoping for a response
I had similar situation to prove we live together because all of bills are on my name, his mobile also on my name, and no housing contract or car insurance with his name on. I had to ask from a neigbour who is a doctor and know us since we moved here a letter to verify that we live together. Hope this will work.

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
I've also received same letter..is this the AEIP S.U.C.C.E.S.S.? but still like your case No new updates
Receiving pre arrival Email means Eligibility Passed (genuine relationship) and no interview,followed by BGC which could take 5 days to 4 months

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Receiving pre arrival Email means Eligibility Passed (genuine relationship) and no interview,followed by BGC which could take 5 days to 4 months
Sorry to ask but pre arrival letter is just for passing eligibility? I would assume that they been accepted and just wait for pr card to be issued...

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Sorry to ask but pre arrival letter is just for passing eligibility? I would assume that they been accepted and just wait for pr card to be issued...
Yes,but still admissiblity and security screening,it won't take too much,depends on travel history,locations,work etc...2 months now for me and still waiting

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes,but still admissiblity and security screening,it won't take too much,depends on travel history,locations,work etc...2 months now for me and still waiting[/QUOTE

What is travel history? Do you mean if you have lived abroad?

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Yes,countries you ever visited ,They wanna make sure you are admissible for Canada,and you haven't lived in a country more than 6 Months and you are clean (no criminal record)

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Yes,countries you ever visited ,They wanna make sure you are admissible for Canada,and you haven't lived in a country more than 6 Months and you are clean (no criminal record)
Hello ehab222,

I was traveling between July 2015 - January 2017 and have traveled to 4 countries. However, my main hub has always been Indonesia. Since I wanted to explore the country a bit more, I have lived there for quite long and have visited the nearby countries for the visa run, whenever I was on the verge of exceeding 6 months. Besides, I have mentioned that I have been traveling for 1.5 years on my application as well, but haven't mentioned any detailed timeline for that duration. I thought, if they want to check the details, they could always refer to the copy of my passport pages.

Is this going to be an issue?

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Hello ehab222,

I was traveling between July 2015 - January 2017 and have traveled to 4 countries. However, my main hub has always been Indonesia. Since I wanted to explore the country a bit more, I have lived there for quite long and have visited the nearby countries for the visa run, whenever I was on the verge of exceeding 6 months. Besides, I have mentioned that I have been traveling for 1.5 years on my application as well, but haven't mentioned any detailed timeline for that duration. I thought, if they want to check the details, they could always refer to the copy of my passport pages.

Is this going to be an issue?
I think you should give detailed dates in the form,but anyways,same with me while visiting Europe,since they don't stamp the passport inside EU countries,but better safe than sorry,but don't worry you can always send CSE anytime before the VO consider it as misrepresentation you have to be careful

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
I think you should give detailed dates in the form,but anyways,same with me while visiting Europe,since they don't stamp the passport inside EU countries,but better safe than sorry,but don't worry you can always send CSE anytime before the VO consider it as misrepresentation you have to be careful
Even if the VO considers it as a misrepresentation or gets confused for some reason, he/she won't reject the application right away, right? He/she would still call me for an interview in the case of any red alert? Am I right?

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Even if the VO considers it as a misrepresentation or gets confused for some reason, he/she won't reject the application right away, right? He/she would still call me for an interview in the case of any red alert? Am I right?
They cannot just reject your application without informing you by Email or by interview but the chance for an interview is rare so be careful,send them CSE today before tomorrow,if you have nothing to hide

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Understood! Thanks for the help!
You are welcome,i had a lot of mistakes while filling my travel history form,my trip to Japan was in 2000 and i wrote 2013 instead,visited Algeria 9 times but i mentionned 6 only,and in both mistakes i sent CSE and i had no problem,no additional documents requested,so better safe than sorry IRCC have their own channels to find out only God knows how lol

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
You are welcome,i had a lot of mistakes while filling my travel history form,my trip to Japan was in 2000 and i wrote 2013 instead,visited Algeria 9 times but i mentionned 6 only,and in both mistakes i sent CSE and i had no problem,no additional documents requested,so better safe than sorry IRCC have their own channels to find out only God knows how lol
In my case, I have not made any mistake. It's just I did not mention any breakdown of my travel history that was done between 30 May 2015 - 20 January 2017. My representative mentioned the total number of days between these dates. I had also traveled to my home country a few times, during this tenure. But, I made sure that I do not exceed my stay in one country for more than 6 months. Like I mentioned above, my main hub was Indonesia only, but I traveled the neighboring countries for a quick visa run. Also, I believe that if they want to clarify anything in detail, they will have my passport copy, right in front, as it will have all the details of my ins and outs.

However, I would thank you once again for all the help so far.

Last edited: