+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vidaj

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
Can someone help me please recently I did mp and the mp update me with this info
. The criminality verifications are currently valid
. The security are currently valid
What does it mean when they say currently valid????

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks! After I received my AOR and linked my application to my GCKey account, can I apply online for OWP?
I'm currently working under IEC visa.
Sorry that I applied outland, so I am unfamiliar with OWP process. Hopefully you will get answer from other forum users that have similar situation with yours.

bajomi

Sep 6, 2017
Can someone help me and answer my questions.

My wife is a Canadian citizen living in Canada. She will sponsor me via outland spousal sponsorship. My questions are, #1 What forms she will use for the application? #2. Can she download the forms from Canada immigration website? #3 Do the Canadian consul will contact me when they already receive the sponsorship application of my wife for me? or I'll file also my application for PR at the same time w/out being contacted by Canadian consul from the country of my present citizenship?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Can someone help me and answer my questions.

My wife is a Canadian citizen living in Canada. She will sponsor me via outland spousal sponsorship. My questions are, #1 What forms she will use for the application? #2. Can she download the forms from Canada immigration website? #3 Do the Canadian consul will contact me when they already receive the sponsorship application of my wife for me? or I'll file also my application for PR at the same time w/out being contacted by Canadian consul from the country of my present citizenship?

Thank you very much.
In the beginning I was confused as you are. I believe you should go through the first page of this thread. Also you need to go through this page

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Good luck

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Living together versus visit.

Hello Guys,
I am a Canadian and I got married last May. I am working on the application to sponsor my wife who is Egyptian. After getting married I stayed one month in Egypt with my wife then I travelled to United States to get a training. I came back to Egypt this Past December and I plan to stay with my wife for four months before I head back to Canada.

The question is in this situation in the application should I go with "we are currently living together" or this period should be considered as a visit.

I hope if someone can clarify this point for me.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017

Hello Guys,
I am a Canadian and I got married last May. I am working on the application to sponsor my wife who is Egyptian. After getting married I stayed one month in Egypt with my wife then I travelled to United States to get a training. I came back to Egypt this Past December and I plan to stay with my wife for four months before I head back to Canada.

The question is in this situation in the application should I go with "we are currently living together" or this period should be considered as a visit.

On the safe side, if I were you, I would probably tick the option for this period as visit, and it should be fully complied with your VISA as a visitor to Egypt and your purpose. Although CIC didn't draw a clear line to regulate how long is qualified as living together, but common sense is probably over 12 months or more and if you can demonstrate that you had put down your roots there, such as getting jobs there, raising a family there, and etc.

Reactions: Little Pharaoh

wagggal

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
I am on the same boat ..... I sent my application on Dec 13 2017, no update...no file number, no email till now. Hopefully we will get our file number by teh end of this month. Usual time frame trend is moving at 40 calendar days for the first response from cic.
Hi Capri31
Glad to hear from someone in the same boat ! Let's keep each other posted. Did you send yours from Jamaica also ?

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
You don't have to write visiting place address, only your permanent address where you live more than 1 month.
Thank you for your reply. I do have one more question about that, as they do mention; ''do not exclude any period of time during this timeframe''. I was in New Zealand from 08/2014 till 08/2015. For the first 7 months, I traveled everywhere and didn't have a permanent address at all. Do I understand you correct, and do I leave this period of time out of my address history?

Thank you!

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
On the safe side, if I were you, I would probably tick the option for this period as visit, and it should be fully complied with your VISA as a visitor to Egypt and your purpose. Although CIC didn't draw a clear line to regulate how long is qualified as living together, but common sense is probably over 12 months or more and if you can demonstrate that you had put down your roots there, such as getting jobs there, raising a family there, and etc.
Thank you so much for your reply, it is appreciated.
I was born in Egypt and I still have my Egyptian nationality in addition to the Canadian one. I do not need any visa to stay and work in Egypt. Also I will get a part time job during my four month stay. I can provide a rental agreement as I rented the apartment before I went to get my training in US. I can provide the receipts for the rent. We have a joined bank account. I can provide the bank statements, that carry the current address.

Do you think I should provide all that document to support our genuine relationship. or this will give an impression that I am not serious to go back and live in Canada.

Thanks a lot for your help, it is highly appreciated.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply, it is appreciated.
I was born in Egypt and I still have my Egyptian nationality in addition to the Canadian one. I do not need any visa to stay and work in Egypt. Also I will get a part time job during my four month stay. I can provide a rental agreement as I rented the apartment before I went to get my training in US. I can provide the receipts for the rent. We have a joined bank account. I can provide the bank statements, that carry the current address.

Do you think I should provide all that document to support our genuine relationship. or this will give an impression that I am not serious to go back and live in Canada.

Thanks a lot for your help, it is highly appreciated.
I actually had a hunch that you have duel citizenship. Anyway, yes, you should include all of those mentioned above, and probably plus more, such as supporting letters from both of your parents, close relatives and friends, you life insurance policies listed each other as beneficiary, if applicable, your health insurance listed each other as dependent, if applicable, and etc. But to be noticed that if you will return to Canada, then you file your application, you don't have to prove your intent to re-settle in Canada, I believe that on the check list, they provide you some options to pick. You only need to prove your intent to re-settle in Canada, upon your wife's application approval, if you live aboard in a kind of permanent basis, and file your application from outside of Canada.

And if you file the application from outside of Canada, you need to prepare a separate set of proof to prove your intent of re-settling in Canada, with a detailed plan. The proofs usually are about the inquiry from moving company, your efforts of searching jobs in Canada, your family and friends in Canada to bless your future re-settlement in Canada, and they may provide you some sort commendations, such as temp. housing, when you and your wife initially return to Canada, your efforts of searching rental or buying property in the City that you would landed. Nothing needs to be firmed, because CIC knows plans do change.

Last edited:

nikhil1308

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013

Hello Guys,

Living together is the right right answer. Because it doesnt matter what happens after they open the documents. Your wife in Egypt can continue to receive the letters or you may change the address once you come here for correspondence. I am not sure but you may also apply for tourist visa for your visa and just like many of us in Canada have our wives on tourist visa with us.So eventually, you may continue to live with her if you want to but any which way, kiving together makes more sense because this is the honest answer as on date.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Expect help please: @Leon or anyone

I am sponsoring my wife (she is outland), please check my timeline

App Rec: 26th Sep 2017
AOR1: 2017-11-28
SA: 2017-12-05
ECAS in process: 2018-01-17 / today

Called CIC today and the agent said my wife's application got selected for Pilot program and the initial stage of the process will be handled in Canada.

Now my question: I am planning to leave Canada for 43 days to my home country (between March and April), my company allows me to work from home, so technical I am not on vacation, I am going to get paychecks, paying my house rent.
So, can I leave Canada for 43 days, while the application is in the process ? I am planning to leave in March and April, that time application might be in the background check, is it a good idea to leave for 43 days?

Anyone did something like this in past 1 yr?

Please reply with some expect views.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Expect help please: @Leon or anyone

I am sponsoring my wife (she is outland), please check my timeline

App Rec: 26th Sep 2017
AOR1: 2017-11-28
SA: 2017-12-05
ECAS in process: 2018-01-17 / today

Called CIC today and the agent said my wife's application got selected for Pilot program and the initial stage of the process will be handled in Canada.

Now my question: I am planning to leave Canada for 43 days to my home country (between March and April), my company allows me to work from home, so technical I am not on vacation, I am going to get paychecks, paying my house rent.
So, can I leave Canada for 43 days, while the application is in the process ? I am planning to leave in March and April, that time application might be in the background check, is it a good idea to leave for 43 days?

Anyone did something like this in past 1 yr?

Please reply with some expect views.

what do you mean PILOT program´
did they told you what is goin on