+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Nowadays, you should expect about 6-8 weeks to get the AOR. Based on the date you provided, you should receive your AOR in the next couple weeks. Currently, they are issuing AOR for the applicants of mid November.

well my application received on the 10th january 2018 and i get the AOR on the 12th january and Schedule A upload letter on 15 january and medical tests today 17 january.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
well my application received on the 10th january 2018 and i get the AOR on the 12th january and Schedule A upload letter on 15 january and medical tests today 17 january.
We are talking about general trends. There will be always extreme cases, such as yours, and some unlucky ones that waited about 3 or even 4 months to get their AOR.

Reactions: yaacoub89

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
We are talking about general trends. There will be always extreme cases, such as yours, and some unlucky ones that waited about 3 or even 4 months to get their AOR.

good luck for all wish you all to meet your loved ones here in canada

for me i am living away from my wife since 5 years till now, as i was i gulf countries working before moving to Canada. this is very hard and hope this will finish soon

KayEll

Sep 15, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Doc's Request.
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2018
LANDED..........
24-06-2018
Exact same thing to us how ever it only is saying that automated not on the GCkey or ECAS. From what i gather it is a giltich. We will be calling monday just to be sure that it is what we think it is. Possibly they are asking internally gathering information on were we are at at the moment ????
So did u end up calling?
I called CIC and the rep said they don't have access to files already transferred to their assigned VOs. Called NDVO and the rep said to send in an email inquiry. So frustrating. Hope it's nothing.

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
I actually had a hunch that you have duel citizenship. Anyway, yes, you should include all of those mentioned above, and probably plus more, such as supporting letters from both of your parents, close relatives and friends, you life insurance policies listed each other as beneficiary, if applicable, your health insurance listed each other as dependent, if applicable, and etc. But to be noticed that if you will return to Canada, then you file your application, you don't have to prove your intent to re-settle in Canada, I believe that on the check list, they provide you some options to pick. You only need to prove your intent to re-settle in Canada, upon your wife's application approval, if you live aboard in a kind of permanent basis, and file your application from outside of Canada.

And if you file the application from outside of Canada, you need to prepare a separate set of proof to prove your intent of re-settling in Canada, with a detailed plan. The proofs usually are about the inquiry from moving company, your efforts of searching jobs in Canada, your family and friends in Canada to bless your future re-settlement in Canada, and they may provide you some sort commendations, such as temp. housing, when you and your wife initially return to Canada, your efforts of searching rental or buying property in the City that you would landed. Nothing needs to be firmed, because CIC knows plans do change.

Thanks a lot for your time and your detailed reply, it is really appreciated.
I will submit the document from Egypt so I will add a separate sheet to prove my intent of re-settling in Canada with a detailed plan.

I will provide them with the four-month rental agreement, the invoice for the internet, the bank statement of the joined bank account (we will change the mailing address to the current address), joined life insurance and joined medical insurance (only covers the emergencies).

Just to make sure I understood you, with my temporary four-month stay in Egypt, I should go with living together? Is this right?

Thanks a lot for your time and your help.

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Living together is the right right answer. Because it doesnt matter what happens after they open the documents. Your wife in Egypt can continue to receive the letters or you may change the address once you come here for correspondence. I am not sure but you may also apply for tourist visa for your visa and just like many of us in Canada have our wives on tourist visa with us.So eventually, you may continue to live with her if you want to but any which way, kiving together makes more sense because this is the honest answer as on date.
Thanks a lot for your clarification.

The only reason I asked my question, because my stay in Egypt is a kind of short temporary stay (four-month stay) and I did not want to make CIC confused. I plan to come back to Canada in May or maximum by June. I also have a job offer there.

So just to make sure I got your point you still think Living together is the best answer for my situation?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks a lot for your clarification.

The only reason I asked my question, because my stay in Egypt is a kind of short temporary stay (four-month stay) and I did not want to make CIC confused. I plan to come back to Canada in May or maximum by June. I also have a job offer there.

So just to make sure I got your point you still think Living together is the best answer for my situation?

Thanks a lot for your help.
I went back to read that particular form and question, and I support the other poster's comment to check the box as you are living together, since when the time you file your application, the fact is you are living with your spouse. But you can also provide a little more details about you are going back to Canada for job in May

And don't forget to mention your planned returning in May for a job in your separate plan for the re-settlement, this is the best evidence, isn't it? Good Luck!

Reactions: Little Pharaoh

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
hello all

the status in ECAS now is " Decision made" for sponsorship application and "in process" for the permanent resident application of my spouse

is this a good sign for decision made ?? i did not receive any letter still for sponsor approval !! hope soon :)

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
hello all

the status in ECAS now is " Decision made" for sponsorship application and "in process" for the permanent resident application of my spouse

is this a good sign for decision made ?? i did not receive any letter still for sponsor approval !! hope soon :)
What's your timeline in GCKey?

Chloe Du

Sep 21, 2017
Since i read your post, i start to have a question about my case. So me and my boyfriend plan to apply for the PR card for me in the next couple months, i am holding a visitor visa right now.But since you said it is longer for the inland application can be processed ? Should i go on the outland way? I am ok to travel back to my country just that we are not sure if we wanna wait for a longer time that we couldn't have to.Thank guys

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
I went back to read that particular form and question, and I support the other poster's comment to check the box as you are living together, since when the time you file your application, the fact is you are living with your spouse. But you can also provide a little more details about you are going back to Canada for job in May

And don't forget to mention your planned returning in May for a job in your separate plan for the re-settlement, this is the best evidence, isn't it? Good Luck!
Thanks a lot for your patience and for going back and reading the form to help me.
If I go with living together, they are asking me to provide two proofs out of six. I can provide the rental agreement, joint bank account.
If you please I have some more questions:
1 - If I use the joint bank account for this point, can I re-use the joint bank statements as a proof for the shared expenses?
2- If I go with "living together" Do you think I should send printed messages and the airline tickets (for the last two years when we were engaged and after we go married) as extra proofs to support the application? In case you say "yes I should send these extra proofs" how could I check these extra items on the check list?
3 - Or do you think I should go with the first option "no we are not living together" considering these 4 months as a short-term visit and write down an explanation including the short-term rental agreement to support my situation?

I am sorry for asking more questions, but I really want to do my best to proof the genuine relation, avoiding any confusion.
Once more thanks a lot for your patience and your time.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks a lot for your patience and for going back and reading the form to help me.
If I go with living together, they are asking me to provide two proofs out of six. I can provide the rental agreement, joint bank account.
If you please I have some more questions:
1 - If I use the joint bank account for this point, can I re-use the joint bank statements as a proof for the shared expenses?
2- If I go with "living together" Do you think I should send printed messages and the airline tickets (for the last two years when we were engaged and after we go married) as extra proofs to support the application? In case you say "yes I should send these extra proofs" how could I check these extra items on the check list?
3 - Or do you think I should go with the first option "no we are not living together" considering these 4 months as a short-term visit and write down an explanation including the short-term rental agreement to support my situation?

I am sorry for asking more questions, but I really want to do my best to proof the genuine relation, avoiding any confusion.
Once more thanks a lot for your patience and your time.
Sorry for the flip flop, after I read the check list again, I thought that you better check the box as not living together. Well, actually you need to answer some questions to yourself first: Are you considering yourself living in Canada in a permanent basis, such as you pay Tax to Canada government in the past years, you have permanent address (rent or own) in Canada, and your ID shows it as well. Based on the info you provided, all the activities aboard of yours are all temporary, such as visiting your wife, before your marriage, took training in US and such, including the four months of temp. staying with your wife. If your conclusion is that you, in fact, is living in Canada in a permanent basis, the safe bet is still on not living together.

My situation is more clear on this, my wife is a Canadian, and she never spent a day in Canada since 2006, my wife doesn't have any type ID issued by Canada government, except her passport, she doesn't even have a bank account there, let along owns or rents a house there. We both live together in US, working and paying tax to US government, owned property in US, raising a family in US in a permanent basis. Now you see the difference?

If you make clear about your own situation, then you will have your answer confidently.

To answer your question:

1. Yes, you definitely can use one evidence for multiple purposes, if that evidence indeed suit for those purposes.
2. I believe the safe bet is not living together, then it is obvious how to check the correct box on the check list
3. And I think you should go with the first option, if you determined that you are actually living in Canada in a permanent basis.

While your situation is kind of tricky that it seemed there is no wrong to choose one or another, I am talking about the safe bet option for your situation. And if it is true that you determined you are living in Canada, then you don't have to include a separate plan to dress your intention to re-settle in Canada.

Reactions: Little Pharaoh

Kaddi

Aug 24, 2017
I’m sponsoring my wife to stay in Canada but she’s out of status .documents was sent from her home to Canada to her but is being held by customs is there anyone that can help us on what to do

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Sorry for the flip flop, after I read the check list again, I thought that you better check the box as not living together. Well, actually you need to answer some questions to yourself first: Are you considering yourself living in Canada in a permanent basis, such as you pay Tax to Canada government in the past years, you have permanent address (rent or own) in Canada, and your ID shows it as well. Based on the info you provided, all the activities aboard of yours are all temporary, such as visiting your wife, before your marriage, took training in US and such, including the four months of temp. staying with your wife. If your conclusion is that you, in fact, is living in Canada in a permanent basis, the safe bet is still on not living together.

My situation is more clear on this, my wife is a Canadian, and she never spent a day in Canada since 2006, my wife doesn't have any type ID issued by Canada government, except her passport, she doesn't even have a bank account there, let along owns or rents a house there. We both live together in US, working and paying tax to US government, owned property in US, raising a family in US in a permanent basis. Now you see the difference?

If you make clear about your own situation, then you will have your answer confidently.

To answer your question:

1. Yes, you definitely can use one evidence for multiple purposes, if that evidence indeed suit for those purposes.
2. I believe the safe bet is not living together, then it is obvious how to check the correct box on the check list
3. And I think you should go with the first option, if you determined that you are actually living in Canada in a permanent basis.

While your situation is kind of tricky that it seemed there is no wrong to choose one or another, I am talking about the safe bet option for your situation. And if it is true that you determined you are living in Canada, then you don't have to include a separate plan to dress your intention to re-settle in Canada.
Thanks a lot for detailed clarification. I think what you said makes a lot of sense.
When I was working on my taxes for 2016 I called the Canada Revenue Agency to clarify my case. I talked to one of the supervisors explaining that I left to US only to get a training. She told me I should apply my taxes under as a Canadian resident because the reason I travelled to US is to get a training and I will come back to Canada once I finish my training. I also was using my Canadian driving license and my Canadian plates in US.

I believe I should go with the first option "visit Not living together" as it does make more sense. Also just in case, I will explain in a separate letter that the reason I was in US is to get a training not to live there.

Once more man thanks a lot for your help. It is highly appreciated.