+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks a lot for detailed clarification. I think what you said makes a lot of sense.
When I was working on my taxes for 2016 I called the Canada Revenue Agency to clarify my case. I talked to one of the supervisors explaining that I left to US only to get a training. She told me I should apply my taxes under as a Canadian resident because the reason I travelled to US is to get a training and I will come back to Canada once I finish my training. I also was using my Canadian driving license and my Canadian plates in US.

I believe I should go with the first option "visit Not living together" as it does make more sense. Also just in case, I will explain in a separate letter that the reason I was in US is to get a training not to live there.

Once more man thanks a lot for your help. It is highly appreciated.
Sure thing and you are very welcomed. Actually I had couple co-workers were from Egypt, Tarek and Waleed, Tarek is a Canadian as well, and he always made fun of me that I couldn't pronounce his name correctly. :)You guys are nice people. Good Luck!

Reactions: Little Pharaoh

harry8689

Jan 10, 2018
Nowadays, you should expect about 6-8 weeks to get the AOR. Based on the date you provided, you should receive your AOR in the next couple weeks. Currently, they are issuing AOR for the applicants of mid November.
What is the way to contact CIC and get the information without application number? I tried calling CPC Mississuaga but the voice machine kept asking for the application number. I could not reach any one on the line without punching in the application number. Please provide the contact number where you dialed in and got to talk to them without feeding in the file number.

harry8689

Jan 10, 2018
I applied on Nov 23 and delivery was on Nov 27. I called CIC and they told me that they have only completed upto Nov 8 so far. Hold on buddy!!
Could you please provide the contact number where you dialed in and could talk to them without feeding in the application number? I tried calling CPC Mississuaga but the automated answering system kept asking me to punch in the application number which i dont have yet and I couldnt reach anyone on the line because of that.
Thanks!!

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
What is the way to contact CIC and get the information without application number? I tried calling CPC Mississuaga but the voice machine kept asking for the application number. I could not reach any one on the line without punching in the application number. Please provide the contact number where you dialed in and got to talk to them without feeding in the file number.
the number is
+18882422100
after select 2 then 1 then 0

Fareha

Dec 20, 2017
hello all

the status in ECAS now is " Decision made" for sponsorship application and "in process" for the permanent resident application of my spouse

is this a good sign for decision made ?? i did not receive any letter still for sponsor approval !! hope soon :)
how do yiu check for sponser application on ecss can you guide me please

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Sure thing and you are very welcomed. Actually I had couple co-workers were from Egypt, Tarek and Waleed, Tarek is a Canadian as well, and he always made fun of me that I couldn't pronounce his name correctly. :)You guys are nice people. Good Luck!
You are a really nice person. Good luck for you as well.

Pravin82

Jan 19, 2018
Hi all,
I am holding a PR and came to Canada on 16 th December 2017 accompanied by my wife who holds a visitor visa.Now we have discovered that we are 5 weeks pregnant, although she did go through a complete health checkup in December to suppport visitor visa and everything was good.I am sponsoring her for PR and my company is sponsoring her OWP. Now my question is will she be denied medical checkup procedure for Open Work Permit or PR because she is pregnant? Also how much time does it take to get the OWP and OHIP?For now I am taking care of all her medica bills and it’s too expensive.Anyone in the same situation kindly guide please.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Hi all,
I am holding a PR and came to Canada on 16 th December 2017 accompanied by my wife who holds a visitor visa.Now we have discovered that we are 5 weeks pregnant, although she did go through a complete health checkup in December to suppport visitor visa and everything was good.I am sponsoring her for PR and my company is sponsoring her OWP. Now my question is will she be denied medical checkup procedure for Open Work Permit or PR because she is pregnant? Also how much time does it take to get the OWP and OHIP?For now I am taking care of all her medica bills and it’s too expensive.Anyone in the same situation kindly guide please.
There's no medical for OWP.

Some doctors won't complete the medical for PR until the baby is born.

OHIP only possible once she has work permit and full time job of contract longer than 6 months.

Likelihood is you'll need to fund the delivery yourself unfortunately.

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
24 May - App received
19 Jul - AOR1
30 NOV- ECAS IP
30 NOV- AOR2
23 JUL - SA
30 NOV - BGC IP

MEDS PASSED.

Update: My document status changed from "documents uploaded" to "We do not need additional documents" assuming this is a good sign or at least a sign that the Los Angeles VO has picked up the file. File was transferred to VO almost a month ago

anyone have a read on this or similar status?

Gemy_1989

Nov 23, 2016
Hi all,

I have landed as a single applicant in Canada and I am planning to get married next month, I had an approval of only one week vacation, so I will get married in the last day of my vacation (as I want to finish some related documents first). it is just a ritual marriage to start her application with no honeymoon after. we have been engaged for more than 1 year and we have known each other for 3 years. Will there be any concerns whether the marriage is original or not. I am really worried.

Thanks in advance

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
Hello All,

1) The documents which we need to submit in spousal sponsorship..they need to be self attested or true copy?
2) I landed in Canada on Nov 20, 2017. I did a soft landing only for 11days. After that, i came back to India for my marriage on 27 December. Also, there is a question which asks about spouse having traveled outside the country of residence. It asks for the purpose of the visit. What can be mentioned there? A reason which would not create any issue...

Hassan _Syed

Jan 21, 2018
Hi all
Can anyone guide me here please. I got my PPR on 7/12/17 with a deadline of 15 working days but as I was traveling so I sent an e mail provided in the letter of PPR. The visa office replied that its fine and i can submit my passport as soon as i am back and mentioned that its not going to affect my application as my file has been approved.
Sent my passport on 5th Jan thru VAC in south africa pretoria which was received by the embassy on 8th Jan as per VAC record.
Status on my CIC was updated on 4/1/18 with my visa expiring date as 18/10/2018 (that is exactly one year after my medical was done) but under the document it says its invalid (as the deadline of 15 days ended on 3/1/18). Still waiting for my passport with visa and COPR.
Does any one have any similar case?
Does the visa officer here in pretoria south africa dont update cic abt the situation to extend the deadline on cic account?
i am worried as it has been almost 2 weeks without any update

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am applying to the PR under family sponsorship with my wife (she is PR)

I am currently filling the form IMM 0008 where CIC asks for "How many family members (including myself) are included in this application".
Should I say only one person or 2 people? She has PR status, so shouldn't be included in the app but at the same time, she qualifies as a family member.. So i'm not really sure what to do.

Should I add her as dependant?

Can I add my mother has dependant as well?

Thanks in advance.