+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

pedrojorge

Aug 25, 2017
Please, can anyone tranquilize me?
I just sent my application and at the section about financial proof, my husband (sponsor) is not working, just studying full time, and then we followed the checklist providing an explanation how he is going to provide me the basic needs (we live with his mother). We also attached his student enrolment, a letter written by his mother and the notice os assessment, which is a proof for people who are working here so it was not mandatory for us but our consultant said it could be sent as well in order to prove his storyline in the letter was real.

I'm just worried they might send our application back because we provided more documents than asked in the checklist, or the officer will find it confusing since my husband is not working but sent Notice of Assessment anyway.

Do you think they might refuse our application because of this?

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Your spouse can certainly sponsor you with no issues, but your question relates to whatever stream your spouse immigrated through, so you will likely not get an answer here in the sponsorship section of the forum. Try posting in the section of the forum that corresponds to your spouse's immigration stream.
Any pointer to right forum? That will be helpful!

Mouheb Alvi

Jan 15, 2018
Hello,

I need suggestion regrading Spouse sponsorship. I recently got married to a girl having Canadian PR. But my wife lives here in Pakistan since 2004.Now we both want to move and settle their in Canada. So what are the steps i need to follow as there might be some complications in the case as my wife is here in Pakistan since long. In between she has visited Canada several times though. She is planning to go and study further in Canada. Will that be helpful? Please reply me as soon as possible.

Thank you.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi,

My wife's application was sent back to us because it was missing a signature.

As it took them more than two months to get back to us, there are a couple of things that can be updated in her application. For instance, we recently travelled together. Do we need to update this part of the application before sending it back or just signing the document that was missing a signature would be enough?

Also, I found a new job. Do I need to update my employment status in the application as well? Previously, I stated that I am a student which is still true. Is it possible to get rejected because you are not making enough money?

These might sound stupid, but I am just worried and confused at this point and don't want to get rejected so any comment would be much appreciated.
Thanks
When our case was sent back, we corrected the issues they pointed at and added a few pictures, travel tickets as my husband has already visited me meanwhile as well as my tickets for the planned trip to Canada.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi,

My wife's application was sent back to us because it was missing a signature.

As it took them more than two months to get back to us, there are a couple of things that can be updated in her application. For instance, we recently travelled together. Do we need to update this part of the application before sending it back or just signing the document that was missing a signature would be enough?

Also, I found a new job. Do I need to update my employment status in the application as well? Previously, I stated that I am a student which is still true. Is it possible to get rejected because you are not making enough money?

These might sound stupid, but I am just worried and confused at this point and don't want to get rejected so any comment would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Definitely update where necessary if there is new info or info has changed.. It is worth spending the extra few hours updating/redoing forms rather than losing more weeks/months if its returned again.

Also check what forms you are sending back.. A few were updated in October 2017. You need to use the latest versions.

Also all signatures need to be dated recently, not from the few months ago that you sent them.

Reactions: samanshp

pedrojorge

Aug 25, 2017
I just sent my application and at the section about financial proof, my husband (sponsor) is not working, just studying full time, and then we followed the checklist providing an explanation how he is going to provide me the basic needs (we live with his mother). We also attached his student enrolment, a letter written by his mother and the notice os assessment, which is a proof for people who are working here so it was not mandatory for us but our consultant said it could be sent as well in order to prove his storyline in the letter was real.

I'm just worried they might send our application back because we provided more documents than asked in the checklist, or the officer will find it confusing since my husband is not working but sent Notice of Assessment anyway.

Anyone, please?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I need suggestion regrading Spouse sponsorship. I recently got married to a girl having Canadian PR. But my wife lives here in Pakistan since 2004.Now we both want to move and settle their in Canada. So what are the steps i need to follow as there might be some complications in the case as my wife is here in Pakistan since long. In between she has visited Canada several times though. She is planning to go and study further in Canada. Will that be helpful? Please reply me as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Your wife doesn't meet the Residency Obligation. I'm assuming she was removed from Canada as a minor. Depending on her age, she can apply for a PRTD based on Humanitarian and Compassionate reasons but no guarantee that it will be approved. If it is refused, her PR status will be revoked.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Anyone, please?
You are worrying for no reason.

Revathibinu

Sep 30, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26/07/2017
AOR Received.
6/9/2017
File Transfer...
26/10/2017
Med's Request
16/09/2017
Med's Done....
28/09/2017
Today ,I received a mail from NDVO that they are expected to process my file with in two months and will be contacted in May/June.It says ,the mail is to make me sure that they didn't forget my application.What does it mean? I filed my app. On July 26th.I couldn't rule out what is going on☹

capri31

Jan 13, 2016
We applied Dec 6 2017 and FED EX had it in the CIC office next day, still have heard nothing.
I am on the same boat ..... I sent my application on Dec 13 2017, no update...no file number, no email till now. Hopefully we will get our file number by teh end of this month. Usual time frame trend is moving at 40 calendar days for the first response from cic.

Revathibinu

Sep 30, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26/07/2017
AOR Received.
6/9/2017
File Transfer...
26/10/2017
Med's Request
16/09/2017
Med's Done....
28/09/2017
Hello,

Thank you.
It would better to send wife Canada before applying for sponsorship since Canadian Visa office checks the living status of sponsor.There is a chance for rejection if applied from the home land.Moreover an employer letter will be necessary during the process .

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Applied Dec 4 2017, UPS delivered Dec 5 2017. still have not heard anything.
Nowadays, you should expect about 6-8 weeks to get the AOR. Based on the date you provided, you should receive your AOR in the next couple weeks. Currently, they are issuing AOR for the applicants of mid November.

Reactions: Lemur

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Nowadays, you should expect about 6-8 weeks to get the AOR. Based on the date you provided, you should receive your AOR in the next couple weeks. Currently, they are issuing AOR for the applicants of mid November.
Thanks! After I received my AOR and linked my application to my GCKey account, can I apply online for OWP?
I'm currently working under IEC visa.