+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

harry8689

Jan 10, 2018
Our file(Spousal sponsorship) reached Mississauga CPC on November 24, 2017 and we haven't received any update from them till now. No acknowledgement , no file number , no email ...nothing. Do they really take this much time in providing the first acknowledgement?
Is there a way I can talk to them without having the application number?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Our file(Spousal sponsorship) reached Mississauga CPC on November 24, 2017 and we haven't received any update from them till now. No acknowledgement , no file number , no email ...nothing. Do they really take this much time in providing the first acknowledgement?
Is there a way I can talk to them without having the application number?
Yes, it takes a couple of months plus we had a number of stat holidays, and while you could try to reach them they won't have much to tell you without a file and application number. Have to sit tight for now.

Reactions: nayr69sg

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
They streamlined processing times for outland and inland applications on Dec 7 2016 so that they had a target of 12m timelines. What visa office is your application at? What is their average for processing times?
My husband is from the Dominican Republic so his papers are being processed in Mexico but I am from Canada.

priyal desai

May 23, 2017
I have applied for my PR (inside canada) under spousal application and I got Email on 2 nd Jan and subject for that email is landing appointment but in the letter they mentioned that there will be interview with service Canada Edmonton .so I am curious about the interview question .Does anyone know what kind of question i should prepare or know the procedure for this stage?

louisstilling

Dec 14, 2017
How have people received information on the fact that their application has been received and has started processing?
We sent ours on Dec 1st, 2017 and still haven't heard anything yet..

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
How have people received information on the fact that their application has been received and has started processing?
We sent ours on Dec 1st, 2017 and still haven't heard anything yet..
Well you know that it's been deliverd after you check with Canada Post (or the way you sent the package to them) and then in about 8 weeks since the delivery you get a mail that they've open your file and gave it a unic number,so you can link everything online. I guess you'll get something in about 2 weeks or so

Dr.Shreeram

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi,

I am a PR and currently, I am in Canada. I will be coming back to India for my marriage in February and will be there for a month or so. I am still having a doubt regarding how can I sponsor my wife so that she can come here soon. I have searched regarding Spousal Dependant Visa but the Processing time for it is approx. 1 year. Can I apply for her Open Work Permit in India and then when she comes here, I can apply for Spousal Dependant Visa?

Kindly suggest me some of the options which I can consider?

KayEll

Sep 15, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Doc's Request.
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2018
LANDED..........
24-06-2018
Quick question:
July 4th applicant here. Applied for GCMS notes 2 days ago and today GCKey says "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details."
But no emails. Nothing.
Just wondering if this change occured due to GCMS notes because I have read somewhere that usually the status changes to this after you order notes. Or if that isn't the case then should I call them? If so then when?
Any advice would be appreciated :)

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Friends!

at the time of PR approval process of my spouse, I was not accompanying, reason was my contractual job with a “surety bond amount” & already submitted all necessary papers to CIC.
PR of spouse got approved during August, 2017. Spouse is yet to be in Canada.
Now (Jan 2018) my employer is about to fire me due to non-availability of their new assignments.
My question, if we are updating our situation to CIC, is there a chance that they may approve my PRalso?
Or spouse sponsor is the only solution ?

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Quick question:
July 4th applicant here. Applied for GCMS notes 2 days ago and today GCKey says "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details."
But no emails. Nothing.
Just wondering if this change occured due to GCMS notes because I have read somewhere that usually the status changes to this after you order notes. Or if that isn't the case then should I call them? If so then when?
Any advice would be appreciated :)
Exact same thing to us how ever it only is saying that automated not on the GCkey or ECAS. From what i gather it is a giltich. We will be calling monday just to be sure that it is what we think it is. Possibly they are asking internally gathering information on were we are at at the moment ????

Driss77

Jul 24, 2017
hey same from my side . I sent my documents on 3rd november and the courier service told me it has been delivered but till now i didn't get any email from cic . feeling worried !
My wife sent documents November 21, but we still didnt get any Email from cic too. lawyer said it takes around three months

Reactions: samanshp

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Friends!

at the time of PR approval process of my spouse, I was not accompanying, reason was my contractual job with a “surety bond amount” & already submitted all necessary papers to CIC.
PR of spouse got approved during August, 2017. Spouse is yet to be in Canada.
Now (Jan 2018) my employer is about to fire me due to non-availability of their new assignments.
My question, if we are updating our situation to CIC, is there a chance that they may approve my PRalso?
Or spouse sponsor is the only solution ?
Your spouse can certainly sponsor you with no issues, but your question relates to whatever stream your spouse immigrated through, so you will likely not get an answer here in the sponsorship section of the forum. Try posting in the section of the forum that corresponds to your spouse's immigration stream.

Reactions: JackMa