+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Thanks for responding. I m here as a PR but i haven't received my PR card yet still can i go ahead with it??
you can start preparing your application cause it takes a while but u will need your pr card before you submit the application cause it asks for a photocopy of the pr card to be included within the application

moonpie11

Sep 3, 2017
When we checked it last week the "your action is required" was replaced with "update", which was the background check changing status. But since then on subsequent sign ins to mycic the "your action is required" glitch is back. We never had any emails about schedule A/PCC (apart from the initial request after linking)

I the sponsor have not had any emails at all thus far, just noticed the sponsorship application changed to "in process" on ecas (this happened the day after my wifes mycic background check got updated) so I guess it's moving forward!
Guess everyone has that glitch. Thanks for replying and wish all the luck for the fast processing! Lol

RogerK

Jan 10, 2018
Hi all,

My case is a hard one i guess. My wife is PR of Canada (she got it through Express Entry, in march 2017 - we were not married at that point of time) and she is not living in Canada now. We had married in mid July. Please also note that my application for a visitor visa had been refused in April 2017. And for now i do not know which steps should i take. Is it a good option to start Sponsorship outside Canada? or try to get the visa one more time? If someone was faced the similar situation or know the probable ways please suggest.

Thank you very much!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

My case is a hard one i guess. My wife is PR of Canada (she got it through Express Entry, in march 2017 - we were not married at that point of time) and she is not living in Canada now. We had married in mid July. Please also note that my application for a visitor visa had been refused in April 2017. And for now i do not know which steps should i take. Is it a good option to start Sponsorship outside Canada? or try to get the visa one more time? If someone was faced the similar situation or know the probable ways please suggest.

Thank you very much!
Had you lived together for a year at any point before she became a PR?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for reply! No, we have been living together after the marriage. But before she had been granted PR we were in a relationship but did not live together.
PRs must reside in Canada throughout the sponsorship process, so she needs to return here and remain here. A few short visits are acceptable but that's about it. You can apply again for a TRV but with a PR spouse, chances are low. Depedning on whwre you are from, you guys need to be prepared to be apart for a year or more.

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
It has been way more then the 12 months that the processing times of applications shows on the cic website. Should I be concerned? We gave in our application and it began processing as of October 2016. I can see that our Sponsorship application status says "decision made" but the permanent resident application status still says in the process. I have not been receiving any updates or anything. It is very hard because my husband and I have been planning so many things and have been missing many milestones like birthdays, anniversaries, christmas and new years etc. I don't know what to do at this point. It has been too long to not know anything. Someone please help!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
It has been way more then the 12 months that the processing times of applications shows on the cic website. Should I be concerned? We gave in our application and it began processing as of October 2016. I can see that our Sponsorship application status says "decision made" but the permanent resident application status still says in the process. I have not been receiving any updates or anything. It is very hard because my husband and I have been planning so many things and have been missing many milestones like birthdays, anniversaries, christmas and new years etc. I don't know what to do at this point. It has been too long to not know anything. Someone please help!
It was not 12m processing time when you applied as you applied before they streamlined the applications so you are likely still within processing time.

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
It was not 12m processing time when you applied as you applied before they streamlined the applications so you are likely still within processing time.
May i ask what you mean by "before they streamlined the applications"? I am just confused because we were not expecting it to take this long as it is very hard to be apart.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
May i ask what you mean by "before they streamlined the applications"? I am just confused because we were not expecting it to take this long as it is very hard to be apart.
They streamlined processing times for outland and inland applications on Dec 7 2016 so that they had a target of 12m timelines. What visa office is your application at? What is their average for processing times?