+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
hello Guys,

i am so happy i just received my AOR after two days from sending the application of spouse sponsorship external to CPC Mississauga i sent it by canada post and received on 10 Jan 2018 and i received the AOR on 12 Jan 2018 with UCI and application number and invite to link the application online and upload schedule A without police certificate as i already sent them upfront. :) :) :)

Reactions: samanshp

zizaheer

Aug 8, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2015
Nomination.....
17-Dec-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015 (AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
26-May-2016
Med's Done....
31-May-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
Hello friends, I sponsored my wife. File was processed by SGVO. Immediately after she got MR, we became parents. Her medical was partially done since she was due in a week. Now I contacted CIC and they told me to fill up 2 forms for my baby among which I believe 1 is required. I need some clarification on below questions (highlighted red). I quote their email with my questions:

To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:

- A new Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking form (IMM 1344) completed by the sponsor,
Is my baby the principal applicant on this form?
Your Answer:
Does my wife require to sign on page -1, section 3 (Co-Signer)?
Your Answer:
Person you are sponsoring (PA)- Is this my child's name?
Your Answer:
Signature on Page 6 (last page) - If my baby is the principal applicant what can I do in this signature field?
Your Answer:

- (If the application is still at the CPC in Mississauga) A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
My wife was the principal applicant and the file was already processed at SGVO. Now I am just sponsoring my baby who is 1 month old. Does this form require to fill?
Your Answer:

- (If you are adding a dependent child of a dependent child) A Financial Evaluation form (IMM 1283) with supporting documents,
This is not required

and

The add-on request
including:
  • your name, (Is this the sponsor's details or my wife's details who was the PA?)
  • your client ID number/UCI, (Is this the sponsor's details or my wife's details who was the PA?)
  • your file number, (Is this the sponsor's details or my wife's details who was the PA?)
  • a detailed letter of explanation,
  • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
  • if applicable, the proof of payment.

remstaneja

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
brampton
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone I need help with spouse file

We are preparing the file for spousal case we have few questions:

Is it necessary to change the last name for my wife on her passport or get spouse name added on the passport or just the passport she has been using before marriage is good for spousal case ??

remstaneja

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
brampton
Category........
CEC
1. What forms do we need to fill for my spouse and me for the spousal file

Sponsor

APPLICATION TO SPONSAR SPONSARSHIP AND UNDERTAKING AGREEMENT IMM 1344

SPONSARSHIP EVELAUATION AND RELATIONSHIP QUESTIONAIRE IMM 5532

Principal applicant:

Generic application form for Canada IMM0008

ADDITIONAL DEPENDENT DECLARATION: IMM008DEP

ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION: IMM5406

RitJ

Mar 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Regarding the additional family information form, I have a few questions:

- do the sponsor and principal applicant have to fill the form, or is it only for the principal applicant?

- do we have to provide the parents and siblings details along with birth certificates?

Fyi- the principal applicant is my wife, this is our first marriage and we do not have any kids together or with someone else.

Thanks.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi everyone I need help with spouse file

We are preparing the file for spousal case we have few questions:

Is it necessary to change the last name for my wife on her passport or get spouse name added on the passport or just the passport she has been using before marriage is good for spousal case ??
If your wife took ur last name after the wedding, then she needs a new passport.
E.g. I have not changed my last name, so uded my current passport.

MAILTEJ

Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Should have been LVO ...but it went to Ottawa :)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May 2013
AOR Received.
3rd July 2013
Med's Request
17th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
19th Jan 2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
7th March 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

Myself and my ex-wife were granted PR in Feb 2015.
However, we mutually divorced in Dec 2015.
I got to know through sources that my ex-wife is getting "unemployment insurance" for last 6 months in Canada as she lost her job due to a medical emergency.
I got married again in July 2016 and wish to sponsor my current wife.
Now will the fact that my ex-wife is getting unemployment insurance affect sponsorship of my current wife?

I am really worried because it says in the sponsorship application that if any of the persons i sponsored before are getting social assistance then I am not eligible to sponsor any new person.
Please advise.

Last edited:

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Dear Sir / Madam,

Myself and my ex-wife were granted PR in Feb 2015.
However, we mutually divorced in Dec 2015.
I got to know through sources that my ex-wife is getting "unemployment insurance" for last 6 months in Canada as she could not get a job.
I got married again in July 2016 and wish to sponsor my current wife.
Now will the fact that my ex-wife is getting unemployment insurance affect sponsorship of my current wife?

I am really worried because it says in the sponsorship application that if any of the persons i sponsored before are getting social assistance then I am not eligible to sponsor any new person.
Please advise.
You will be responsible to pay back every dollar she received. Than i think you would be able to sponsor. I think there is a 5 year wait in between for defaulting on your sponsorship

samanshp

Jan 13, 2018
Hi,

My wife's application was sent back to us because it was missing a signature.

As it took them more than two months to get back to us, there are a couple of things that can be updated in her application. For instance, we recently travelled together. Do we need to update this part of the application before sending it back or just signing the document that was missing a signature would be enough?

Also, I found a new job. Do I need to update my employment status in the application as well? Previously, I stated that I am a student which is still true. Is it possible to get rejected because you are not making enough money?

These might sound stupid, but I am just worried and confused at this point and don't want to get rejected so any comment would be much appreciated.
Thanks

MAILTEJ

Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Should have been LVO ...but it went to Ottawa :)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May 2013
AOR Received.
3rd July 2013
Med's Request
17th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
19th Jan 2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
7th March 2014
You will be responsible to pay back every dollar she received. Than i think you would be able to sponsor. I think there is a 5 year wait in between for defaulting on your sponsorship
I read on some other blog that unemployment insurance and social assistance are two different things. how true is that? do you have any idea about it?

wagggal

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Our file(Spousal sponsorship) reached Mississauga CPC on November 24, 2017 and we haven't received any update from them till now. No acknowledgement , no file number , no email ...nothing. Do they really take this much time in providing the first acknowledgement?
Is there a way I can talk to them without having the application number?
We applied Dec 6 2017 and FED EX had it in the CIC office next day, still have heard nothing.

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi,

My wife's application was sent back to us because it was missing a signature.

As it took them more than two months to get back to us, there are a couple of things that can be updated in her application. For instance, we recently travelled together. Do we need to update this part of the application before sending it back or just signing the document that was missing a signature would be enough?

Also, I found a new job. Do I need to update my employment status in the application as well? Previously, I stated that I am a student which is still true. Is it possible to get rejected because you are not making enough money?

These might sound stupid, but I am just worried and confused at this point and don't want to get rejected so any comment would be much appreciated.
Thanks
May I ask what date your application was sent and received by cic?