canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SaskinSeoul said:
Where do you currently live and do you have a job there? If you live in the USA and have a job then you could be denied based on your intentions. You can't just move to Canada spontaneously unless you have a job offer or property. Otherwise it could set off some red flags.

If you have a job and house in Canada then there shouldn't be a problem. Outland is the way to go though. Inland applications take longer and it's much more stressful.
Living in the US and having a job there will not cause them to be denied.

Sponsors living abroad need to show their intent to return to Canada but there is no requirement to have a job or house in Canada to move here.

Wattala

Nov 23, 2016
Hello,
We have a question,We are from Sri Lanka.what is the website that we can apply for the visa for a spouse or children through online? The better half is a Canadian citizen who is ready to sponsor from sri lanka, if willing to apply visa through online to the spouse or the children what will be the suitable visa category? kindly advise us. Thank you.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Living in the US and having a job there will not cause them to be denied.

Sponsors living abroad need to show their intent to return to Canada but there is no requirement to have a job or house in Canada to move here.
Proving intentions can be tricky these day though. Lots of people did the one week landing and went back to their spouses country and had Canadian health care for 5 years.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SaskinSeoul said:
Proving intentions can be tricky these day though. Lots of people did the one week landing and went back to their spouses country and had Canadian health care for 5 years.
It's not that hard to show intent to move to Canada.

Healthcare fraud has nothing to with the issue we are discussing.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
t_Addy. said:
Hello, I do have a question. My fiance is an American Citizen and lives in the US. We will be getting married in a few months (we dated for 2 years) and I will like to apply for a family sponsorship because there is no way I'm leaving Canada to move to Trump's America ;D
I just want to know if he can apply for an open work permit that will allow him to work while the family sponsorship application is on going. 14 months is a long time for him to wait on the approval of his PR without being able to work.
I know he is allowed to enter Canada visa-free as an American, I just need him to have an open work permit while he waits.
Just a side note...most US applications are not taking very long but there is a chance it will take longer...ours was longer due to Rehab and NO ONE touched our case for 9 months, and I mean NO ONE, I emailed the Minister of Immigration and then things started happening but if you look at this forum you will find some that have taken longer for what appears to be no reason..So I would plan on the 14 months and anything sooner is a bonus!!!

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
Finally after very long time now cic status
review in progress . When get my sponsor approval?
Application/profile status
Application/profile details
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
USERDLM said:
OK thank you all, I am now going to apply Outland, I'm very glad for all your help and assistance to direct me to this.

One more question, now that I am applying outland, and Canada counts as a country I have spent six months in, does that mean I have to get a Canadian backgrounds check? Or do the CIC complete this themselves?

Thanks again for everyone's help!
No, unless CIC specifically asks for one.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Lookfast said:
Finally after very long time now cic status
review in progress . When get my sponsor approval?
Application/profile status
Application/profile details
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started
Follow the New Dehli thread and compare times to others.

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
SaskinSeoul said:
Where do you currently live and do you have a job there? If you live in the USA and have a job then you could be denied based on your intentions. You can't just move to Canada spontaneously unless you have a job offer or property. Otherwise it could set off some red flags.

If you have a job and house in Canada then there shouldn't be a problem. Outland is the way to go though. Inland applications take longer and it's much more stressful.
I currently live in Canada and I have a job here. I just want to get my American fiance (he will be my husband in a few months) a Canadian PR and was wondering if he can also apply for an open work permit to allow him work while his PR application is going on.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
t_Addy. said:
I currently live in Canada and I have a job here. I just want to get my American fiance (he will be my husband in a few months) a Canadian PR and was wondering if he can also apply for an open work permit to allow him work while his PR application is going on.
Only if he comes to Canada and you apply for PR using the inland route. In that case you can include an OWP application and the work permit will be approved in around 4 months. However Americans are generally far better off applying outland.

NSharoon

Oct 25, 2016
Hi
Im unable to add my application to GCKey. Can anyone please guide me as how to do it.
It says that "unable to find application."

Thank you

Wattala

Nov 23, 2016
Spousal sponsorship

Hello,
We have a question,We are from Sri Lanka.what is the website that we can apply for the visa for a spouse or children through online? The better half is a Canadian citizen who is ready to sponsor from sri lanka, if willing to apply visa through online to the spouse or the children what will be the suitable visa category? kindly advise us. Thank you.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
Wattala said:
Hello,
You can't apply online.

If your kids are Canadian you can apply for a proof of Canadian citizenship. If not the you have to add them as dependents and use a paper spousal sponsorship.

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
0CT. 05 SENT-0CT. 11 RECEIVED.
Doc's Request.
FEBRUARY 02 2017 Sent. Feb. 05 2017
AOR Received.
Nov. 02 2016 Processed Nov. 1
File Transfer...
AOR2 -Nov.13 .. Nov. 14-STARTED PROCESSING-Manila
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
can anyone help me link my application to gc key

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019
Hey guys, quick question.. I'm sponsoring my Australian common-law partner outland and we're looking to be December applicants. He had a national police check done in September, do you think we should redo it again for our application so that it has a closer date to the time we are sending out our app? Thanks