VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
xls said:
Total: $1190

I am applying for my wife and my baby. She's 3 yrs old. Can someone please confirm if I'm paying the right amount?

The major issue I have is with the sponsorship application. Should it be twice the amount ($150) as it states per application.
No, it is not twice the amount. $1190 is the correct total.

CDNinHH said:
Let me explain, the PR applicants are my wife and step-daughter, they currently have valid 5 year TRV's in their passports. Am I to understand that the PPR is to only affix visa's and the important part is the COPR? So if they already have valid visa's can we just not land with the COPR?
It doesn't matter if they have TRVs. They will still need to send their passport to receive the PR visas. There is no way around that.

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
Jeni123 said:
Thank you SL_Chica. I'm just worried that they would compare the TRV application to the spouse application, since spouse application's asking for my history for the past 10 years. SO, it's confusing me what to do. Thank you again!
You are welcome! There is a chance that the TRV application will not be even looked at. But as I said before a immigration lawyer is your best consultant in this situation. in the forum you may find some answers but most of us are not legal experts. Your husband should meet with a Canadian attorney that has experience dealing with your country's visa office. Best of Luck!

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
No, it is not twice the amount. $1190 is the correct total.
Thanks a bunch for all the info. Submitting this week. Hope it goes fast and smooth.

CDNinHH

Star Member
Aug 3, 2016
Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May, 2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
File Transfer...
01-08-2016
Med's Request
01-08-2016
Med's Done....
Passed Nov. 01, 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 16, 2016
LANDED..........
Planning April 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
It doesn't matter if they have TRVs. They will still need to send their passport to receive the PR visas. There is no way around that.
Ok, so there is a TRV visa and a PR visa......makes sense, thanks.

STAR2708

Nov 16, 2016
I AM SPONSORING MY WIFE FROM PAKISTAN TO CANADA . I AM A BIT CONFUSED ABOUT SOME STUFF IF ANY ONE CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

IMM 5669 Background Schedule A : Do i need to fill this from (I am Canadian citizen) or only my wife?
IMM 5406 Additional Family information : Same question do i need to fill this or only my wife?

Regarding police certificate : My wife lived in one city (in pakistan) since she was born but moved with me after marriage to different city(in pakistan) 2 months ago. Now DO WE NEED TO GET POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM BOTH CITIES OR ONLY ONE? (note in pakistan they make police certificate city wise)

THANKS

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello everyone
I need help
My wife submit family sponsorship file on 28 th June
Aor1 19 July
And my pr application status
Pr application received 28 th June
Medical have been received

And 22 th September cic send back my file
Attach latter
Your representative is not authorised appoint a authorised representative or apply without representative
And my wife apply to my file without any representative ok our behalf on 30Sep r mahmod received file cpc Mississauga
Still our waiting sponsor approval ?
Can we wait or do something ?
Pls help guys

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
STAR2708 said:
I AM SPONSORING MY WIFE FROM PAKISTAN TO CANADA . I AM A BIT CONFUSED ABOUT SOME STUFF IF ANY ONE CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

IMM 5669 Background Schedule A : Do i need to fill this from (I am Canadian citizen) or only my wife?
IMM 5406 Additional Family information : Same question do i need to fill this or only my wife?

Regarding police certificate : My wife lived in one city (in pakistan) since she was born but moved with me after marriage to different city(in pakistan) 2 months ago. Now DO WE NEED TO GET POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM BOTH CITIES OR ONLY ONE? (note in pakistan they make police certificate city wise)

THANKS
The Principal Applicant i.e. your wife is required to fill out the Immigration Forms, IMM 5669 and IMM 5406 are Immigration Forms. You, as the Sponsor, are required to fill out the Sponsorship Forms.

I can't answer your second question, maybe re-post it to General - All Canadian Immigration.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Please I need help friends...is anything wrong on applicant travelling to another country after submiting his application and continue living there until he get ppr or interview and send his passport from the said country ,which is not country of his origin?
Will CIC have anything to question about even the person send police check from that country but didn't change his address to CIC?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Timosky99 said:
Please I need help friends...is anything wrong on applicant travelling to another country after submiting his application and continue living there until he get ppr or interview and send his passport from the said country ,which is not country of his origin?
Will CIC have anything to question about even the person send police check from that country but didn't change his address to CIC?
You need to update your address with IRCC if you go to another country.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
I'm here just on holiday since may 18th Mr canuk UK,
Will it affecte my application ? How many should I stay before I go back so as not to attract question from CIC?

USERDLM

Nov 21, 2016
Hi all,

I am an Australian, currently in Canada on a working IEC holiday visa which runs out September 2017. I am married to a Canadian and have been for a year, also living together for a year.

I am applying for a spousal sponsorship permanent residence from inside Canada. I will also need to apply for another work permit because my IEC Working holiday visa will expire before the permanent residency is issued.

I know that I am eligible to obtain an open work permit as an inland applicant for spousal permanent residence, but I don't know how exactly to go about this.

To be clear, here are my questions listed:

Question (1)
Will me being on the IEC working holiday visa affect anything while I am trying apply for an open work permit that is granted for people who have applied for spousal sponsored inland permanent residence?

I don't know if I can just apply for an open work permit while I am still on my IEC work permit. Does it matter? First I thought I would need to try and extend my IEC working holiday permit but I don't think you can extend those.

Question (2)
Is there anything that I need to do special because I am on IEC working holiday?

Do I need to provide health insurance proof? Do I need to provide any of the IEC qualifying documents, such as proof I can support myself (bank accounts). Do I need to provide duplicate copies of documents that are required for the work permit that are already in my permanent residence application?

I am currently going to apply for the permanent residence and the work permit under Guide 5553 - Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada - Worker.

The CIC website says that you should submit both applications at once in the mail. The confusing thing for me are the references for to IEC Working Holiday program in this 'Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada' application.

There is a question at the start of the form:

"Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for:

* A work permit with the same employer
* An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
* Restoration of your status as a worker
* An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit"

I am not sure what to fill out but I am guessing... "an initial work permit or work permit with new employer"? Is this the correct box to check for my circumstances?

I'm a little confused because this technically isn't an "initial work permit", as I am currently on the IEC Canadian Experience work permit for a working holiday.

Also, it mentions in the document checklist (IMM5556E) that people on the IEC Canadian Experience must provide proof of health insurance. Is this only for people trying to extend their IEC student or working visa?

Do I need to do this? I have insurance through my work, but I figure I don't want to provide documents that they don't need. On one hand I don't mind submitting health insurance information but I don't want them to then think that I am trying to extend my IEC working holiday visa, as I have read that it cannot be extended.

Question (3)

My Spouse:

My spouse in self-employed and need to know what types of forms she has to provide in relation to tax. She is currently going to submit a years worth of bank statements showing income deposits, her notice of assessment for 2015, and she can give them her entire tax return.

Question (4)

How many pictures is good to submit? Five or twenty? The more the merrier or just a select few from each trip/event attended?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much in advance, very much appreciated! :)

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
As an Australian, your OUTLAND application will probably be approved before your IEC expiry date since it taking around 6 months or so nowadays.

As a self-employed, I submitted everything possible - NOA, bank statement, Financial Statement prepared by accountant, Option C.

I also submitted 75 pictures. As long as you have a complete picture that should be fine.

Malik1983

Aug 22, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-10-2016
File Transfer...
03-11-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-04-2018
Hi,
I have a question guys, i am PA from Pakistan i have Canadian born son, on his birth certificate only his mother's name is mentioned. Should my name also be mentioned on it or it will be fine? plz replyyy

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
USERDLM said:
Hi all,

I am an Australian, currently in Canada on a working IEC holiday visa which runs out September 2017. I am married to a Canadian and have been for a year, also living together for a year.

I am applying for a spousal sponsorship permanent residence from inside Canada. I will also need to apply for another work permit because my IEC Working holiday visa will expire before the permanent residency is issued.
Just to echo what BonManush has said...

Inland applicants usually regret submitting an Inland application, even with the lure of the OWP. Although you are in Canada you should really consider submitting an Outland application. Check this thread (and look for the spreadsheet) and you'll see many other Australians completing the process in well under 6 months:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applications-through-sydney-australia-office-t46958.2265.html

USERDLM

Nov 21, 2016
"Just to echo what BonManush has said...

Inland applicants usually regret submitting an Inland application, even with the lure of the OWP. Although you are in Canada you should really consider submitting an Outland application. Check this thread (and look for the spreadsheet) and you'll see many other Australians completing the process in well under 6 months:"

That's interesting, and kind of worrying - what would the benefit be of applying outland? If I apply outland I get it in six months but if something delays or goes wrong then I mess up my expiry date and possibly my job here. If I apply inland, I get my open work permit in roughly 4 months (as far as I can tell?) then at least I know I can work for the duration of my application?

I don't have too much of a rush to get permanent residency per se, as long as I can work while I am applying for it...

Is there anything I am missing?