+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sherzad

Feb 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Can anyone guide me for some additional documents as Afghan national that I need for spouse sponsorship.
The questions and those forms that confuse me are as following:
In additional information for Afghan nationals there forms include which I cannot find most of them in CIC website but they are in the guide 3911e DON’T KNOW IF I CAN PRINT AND USE THEM ?
The forms are such as: Supplementary Information Form-Afghanistan. Education Background and work experience. Authorization to Disclose Information- Afghanistan [1]
RESIDENCY Questionnaire-Afghanistan. Proof of Relationship to sponsor and etc.
The above forms or text are as a form in the guide 3911 but I don’t know if I can use them.

1] Since I am not living in Afghanistan but the Authorization to Disclose information is address to ISLAMABAD Pakistan. I am residing in Turkey. What should I do for authorization disclose information?
AND when I should fill these documents? Do I have to fill them along with my application for permanent resident and send it to my sponsor? (But my sponsor “Wife” is also now in Turkey with me.)
Please give me your opinion and experience those who pass through the process.
And if anyone could tell me also that how can I rate their profile.

Thanks in advance

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hopefull_lady said:
Can anyone tell me if my husband can stop at a different airport for a layover before the final destination or he has to come straight to the final destination.....
yes, it's possible. his landing procedure will happen at the first entry into canada, if it's not his final destination. he will want to make sure he leaves at least 2-3 hours in between flights, though i'm sure others will recommend more time. while the procedure doesn't take long, he may need to wait in line to land.

hopefull_lady

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
05-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2016
LANDED..........
16/12/2016
SL_chica said:
Not sure why you are asking this. Transit through another airport is unavoidable for most destinations.
It would be easier to go through Montreal thats why I am asking. I wanted to know if it is an option to do that

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hopefull_lady said:
It would be easier to go through Montreal thats why I am asking. I wanted to know if it is an option to do that
i'm not sure how it works with landing in montreal and continuing on to another destination since QC requires additional documentation. however if he has proof of an ongoing destination, i don't *think* it's an issue. is there another place he can layover?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hopefull_lady said:
There is no issue, provided he can prove he is simply transiting through to a destination outside of Quebec.

haz2016

Sep 26, 2016
thanks..can clarify to me please if you are aware of this case:

So if they don't stamp an immigration visa on my son's American passport, how would he enter Canada with immigration status, what is the link here? What would him make him different from any US citizen entering as a visitor? would he get a landing confirmation upon his entry and based on what since no visa will be stamped on his passport?

to be clear, he was already added to sponsorship file and approved.

many thanks

canuck_in_uk said:
It was probably a generic email, not specific to your situation of having both visa-exempt and non visa-exempt applicants.

They shouldn't require the American passport but I would respond to the email asking them to clarify.

hopefull_lady

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
05-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2016
LANDED..........
16/12/2016
CDNPR2014 said:
i'm not sure how it works with landing in montreal and continuing on to another destination since QC requires additional documentation. however if he has proof of an ongoing destination, i don't *think* it's an issue. is there another place he can layover?

Thank you ;)

hopefull_lady

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
05-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2016
LANDED..........
16/12/2016
canuck_in_uk said:
There is no issue, provided he can prove he is simply transiting through to a destination outside of Quebec.

Thank you

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
hopefull_lady said:
I know for a fact Montreal airport immigration lineups are nearly 2 hours or even more during peak seasons.
For Canadian Citizens this isn't a factor, but for passport holders of other countries have had to wait in line for hours. Just about a week ago, they announced this wait times will be even longer during the holiday season.
Leave plenty of time to grab the next flight.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
haz2016 said:
thanks..can clarify to me please if you are aware of this case:

So if they don't stamp an immigration visa on my son's American passport, how would he enter Canada with immigration status, what is the link here? What would him make him different from any US citizen entering as a visitor? would he get a landing confirmation upon his entry and based on what since no visa will be stamped on his passport?

to be clear, he was already added to sponsorship file and approved.

many thanks
to land, he will need his passport and the approval paper known as the COPR. he doesn't need the stamp in his passport, because he is visa exempt. the counterfoil stamp is what allows a person to travel to (get on a plane to) canada to land as a pr. simply having a us passport allows your son to do that. the COPR and the fact his intention is to land as a pr is what makes him different than a visitor. When your passports come back, his approval paper should be with yours (unless it's sent separately). the passport and copr is all that's needed to land.

hopefull_lady

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
05-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2016
LANDED..........
16/12/2016
SL_chica said:
I know for a fact Montreal airport immigration lineups are nearly 2 hours or even more during peak seasons.
For Canadian Citizens this isn't a factor, but for passport holders of other countries have had to wait in line for hours. Just about a week ago, they announced this wait times will be even longer during the holiday season.
Leave plenty of time to grab the next flight.

Thank you :)

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Received the new batch of notes. Medical PASSED June, 2016. Eligibility PASSED 9/12/16. Criminality PASSED 10/17/16. Security NOT STARTED.

What is "security" and does time it takes depend on how many countries the PA has lived?

Assuming security is the last step before issuing COPR (for visa exempt passport holder), right?

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
ohhhhcanada said:
Also, as per CIC instructions in the checklist, you need to provide an explanation why you do not have T4 ;)

Read page 2 of 2 - 17/18 and 19
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf
And what format should the letter of explanation take? I don't have T4 cause I am yet to file tax in Canada, landed August this year.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
xls said:
And what format should the letter of explanation take? I don't have T4 cause I am yet to file tax in Canada, landed August this year.
You've already said it yourself. "I don't have tax documents because I have not yet filed taxes in Canada."

Jeni123

Nov 19, 2016
Re: Spousal sponsorship (CONFUSED)

Please help! I've made a mistake in the past. We are now married, but when I was still dating my husband, after he came to visit me in my country, there was one time that we decided to try and apply for a Temporary Resident Visa for me. However, we know that TRV's are hard to get and you must show them that you have enough ties to your country and that you make enough money so we decided to declare and make up a better job but fake job as my job and that I was making enough money to go to Canada and that I would definitely come back to my country because I had a really good job. Unfortunately, that TRV was refused/denied. And now we're married and we are to send in our Spousal Sponsorship application, problem is there's a question on FORM IMM 5669 about the past 10 years history. I am willing to tell them the truth about the refused/ denied TRV but my dilemma is do i tell them the job that we made up for the TRV application or do I declare the true job and history that i have for the past 10 years? How will it affect the application? What should we do? :'( :'(

PLEASE HELP! We SERIOUSLY need it. Thank you so much