10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
jryan said:
hi there..im new here and just sent in my application to sponsor my wife to canada. my question is that i forgot to include my email within the application, will that hinder the process even more and how can i contact someone regarding my email.

thanks in advanced
Correspondence will be slower because you've opted to receive everything by mail, this includes AORs and Passport Requests. You should complete the IRCC webform immediately to let CIC know. Here's the link to the form: -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

jryan

Sep 19, 2016
Andynd1uk said:
Correspondence will be slower because you've opted to receive everything by mail, this includes AORs and Passport Requests. You should complete the IRCC webform immediately to let CIC know.
ive tried filling out the webform but i dont jave a uci or application number

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
jryan said:
Try using your payment receipt number - if that is an option.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
jryan said:
Those items aren't required to submit a new or updated email address. Just fill out the blanks that are marked in RED, that say "(required)".

jryan

Sep 19, 2016
Omegabyte said:
Those items aren't required to submit a new or updated email address. Just fill out the blanks that are marked in RED, that say "(required)".
thats what i did but whenever i press submit it says i need to fill in either box

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
hello all! this may seem like a silly question but here goes.

Is there any benefit of changing my last name to my spouses last name in regards to sponsoring him to canada? My husband and i got married dec 2015. I have not changed my last name yet. I was thinking to do it once he gets to canada. If i wanted, could i do it now? If so will there be any complications as his application is in process right now. anyone in the same situation? I was jus doing some research about it. apparently here in alberta you don't need a legal name change. you just have to call every organization to ask them what they need to change the last name they have on file. if I changed it do i need to send in my new passport with the name change to cic for them to update their file?

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
taniam00 said:
hello all! this may seem like a silly question but here goes.

Is there any benefit of changing my last name to my spouses last name in regards to sponsoring him to canada? My husband and i got married dec 2015. I have not changed my last name yet. I was thinking to do it once he gets to canada. If i wanted, could i do it now? If so will there be any complications as his application is in process right now. anyone in the same situation? I was jus doing some research about it. apparently here in alberta you don't need a legal name change. you just have to call every organization to ask them what they need to change the last name they have on file. if I changed it do i need to send in my new passport with the name change to cic for them to update their file?
No Question is a silly question.

My Mrs wants my last name as well. We will initiate that process when we're together.

I have not faced a similar situation nor do I have an answer to it. What I can do is point out the change CIC and yourself will need to go through because I honestly don't believe it is going to be a simple process. Al documents have been verified for the two of you by CIC and it is now being processed by them. Let them get on with it. Have your name changed once this is all done. But this is just my advice.

And like you said, Patience is a wonderful thing! (Now only if I can listen to that advice)

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
IRONMAN7777 said:
No Question is a silly question.

My Mrs wants my last name as well. We will initiate that process when we're together.

I have not faced a similar situation nor do I have an answer to it. What I can do is point out the change CIC and yourself will need to go through because I honestly don't believe it is going to be a simple process. Al documents have been verified for the two of you by CIC and it is now being processed by them. Let them get on with it. Have your name changed once this is all done. But this is just my advice.

And like you said, Patience is a wonderful thing! (Now only if I can listen to that advice)
hey! thanks for the reply! ya i also think its better to leave the papers as is and change my name when cic is done with us! either the name change should have been done before sending the papers or after not during. So definitely waiting to do that when my husband is with me. :)

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Basically, MPs can communicate with IRCC better. While a message from you might not be acknowledged for weeks, the same message from an MP will be acknowledged within days. This allows any potential problems or issues to be resolved faster.

For a straightforward app within the processing time, an MP can't really do anything. They may be able to get a bit more information about where in the process the app is but that's about it.
thank you very much , im super glad we do have a very straight forward app .... it still a wonder to me that an MP would ask on your behalf , maybe they are hoping for votes in any upcoming elections ? ... we still have a house to sell and my job to leave , ie train my replacement , so we wont be leaving till jan ----ish ...
cheers

Maliha.khan

Sep 9, 2016
Hi, I have applied for my husband from canada in december 2015. I got the acknowledgement letter first and then that file has been moved to london office.
Now, after eight and a half month since then i checked the status yesterday, it says over the "sponsorship application form" to decision made where as in permanent residency it says in process on both accounts( sponsoring person nd sponsored ones)
What next should i hope?
Note: my husband's medical has been expired three days back.
They wil ask for medical first or passport?
And this decision made is a sign that i am going to hear soon? Or the permannet residence status actually matters???
Looking for your reply. Matters alot.
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
taniam00 said:
Is there any benefit of changing my last name to my spouses last name in regards to sponsoring him to canada?

If so will there be any complications as his application is in process right now.

if I changed it do i need to send in my new passport with the name change to cic for them to update their file?
No, changing your name will not benefit the application in any way.

No, changing your name will not complicate the application.

Yes, you would need to notify IRCC of the name change and include a copy of your new passport.

IRONMAN7777 said:
What I can do is point out the change CIC and yourself will need to go through because I honestly don't believe it is going to be a simple process. Al documents have been verified for the two of you by CIC and it is now being processed by them. Let them get on with it.
It is actually a fairly simple process, especially in this case, as it is the sponsor wanting to change their name.

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
I tried sending a few documents via CSE and got this message:

Error!
Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.VariantType' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.

I didn't exceed the total size of the documents and made sure I used the formats they listed as acceptable. So I'm not sure whether I did something wrong or maybe I should try again, hoping it was a temporary system error. Any ideas?

edit: I found what was the problem. I provided incorrect DOB (it automatically switched to today's date) and that caused the error.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
No, changing your name will not benefit the application in any way.

No, changing your name will complicate the application.

Yes, you would need to notify IRCC of the name change and include a copy of your new passport.

It is actually a fairly simple process, especially in this case, as it is the sponsor wanting to change their name.
Hi Canuck,

I changed my surname to that of my husband in between the application. All i did was to notify CIC of the change via email with the scanned copy of my new passport. Since then my details were updated in the system and my login surname to the ECAS account was changed automatically too.

I have now send my new passport as the Valid travel document.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hardcookie said:
Hi Canuck,

I changed my surname to that of my husband in between the application. All i did was to notify CIC of the change via email with the scanned copy of my new passport. Since then my details were updated in the system and my login surname to the ECAS account was changed automatically too.

I have now send my new passport as the Valid travel document.
Oh interesting to know it was simple for you.

another thing that i have to figure out whenever i do change my name is changing my husbands passport too. when we got married my husband added my name in his passport. He added my name before marriage to his passport. So when I change my name in the future do I need to get him to change his passport with the new name after marriage? It is an indian passport.