Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
calgary2017 said:
I read it from one spaniard that has already landed to Canada :eek:
Hmmm, I've not heard that. The way I understand it is, for non-visa exempt the actual passport is required to be sent to the visa office so that it may be stamped with the visa. For visa-exempt countries it's a photocopy of the passport that is required. The 2 passport photographs are for the PR Card. They basically send you the photos back, one is affixed to your COPR and the other is sent loose with your copy of the COPR. Make sure you check your emails (inbox and spam) a few times daily for the CIC email.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Andynd1uk said:
Hmmm, I've not heard that. The way I understand it is, for non-visa exempt the actual passport is required to be sent to the visa office so that it may be stamped with the visa. For visa-exempt countries it's a photocopy of the passport that is required. The 2 passport photographs are for the PR Card. They basically send you the photos back, one is affixed to your COPR and the other is sent loose with your copy of the COPR. Make sure you check your emails (inbox and spam) a few times daily for the CIC email.
Not everyone is required to send a passport copy or more photos. Many people simply receive the COPR in the mail.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Andynd1uk said:
for visa exempt applicants, it's normal for some not to receive PPR. From what I've observed, this is usually because the copy of the passport submitted with the application shows 1) a validity date more than 6 months from the time of approval 2) it is unlikely the PR applicant will change their name (it seems men and women who have changed their names already are the ones waived PPR). Also, additional passport pictures are not necessarily requested because those are submitted upfront with the application. Applicants who had their application forwarded to another visa office for overflow issues (ie: london to ottawa) may get an additional picture request because it's assumed the file is sent electronically and the original pictures are not sent to the new visa office. as canuck suggested, some visa exempt applicants simply get their COPR in the mail.

connie26

Sep 21, 2016
Hi, everyone! Hope somebody here could enlighten me with my situation.

I received an email regarding my PR application asking me to submit some documents, 2 photos and my passport thru a Visa Application Center (VAC). My application is being processed in Manila but I am currently working in Qatar. I found one VFS Global office (VAC) here in Qatar but when I asked them, they said that my documents will be sent to Abu Dhabi. I am worried that this will have a problem with my application since all my papers are being processed in Philippines. I only got 30 days to submit. I am now confused where to send my documents. Can I send it in Qatar VAC or should I send it to Philippines VAC through a representative?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
connie26 said:
Hi, everyone! Hope somebody here could enlighten me with my situation.

I received an email regarding my PR application asking me to submit some documents, 2 photos and my passport thru a Visa Application Center (VAC). My application is being processed in Manila but I am currently working in Qatar. I found one VFS Global office (VAC) here in Qatar but when I asked them, they said that my documents will be sent to Abu Dhabi. I am worried that this will have a problem with my application since all my papers are being processed in Philippines. I only got 30 days to submit. I am now confused where to send my documents. Can I send it in Qatar VAC or should I send it to Philippines VAC through a representative?
it's probably best to send a case specific enquiry to CIC to ask them specifically where you should be submitting your passport. It's not recommended just to guess it is ok to send it to the office where you are located. REally only CIC can tell you where it will be accepted for processing. any advice given on here is someone's best guess and may not be what CIC would accept.

connie26

Sep 21, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
it's probably best to send a case specific enquiry to CIC to ask them specifically where you should be submitting your passport. It's not recommended just to guess it is ok to send it to the office where you are located. REally only CIC can tell you where it will be accepted for processing. any advice given on here is someone's best guess and may not be what CIC would accept.
I'll do that. Thank you so much for the advice!

connie26

Sep 21, 2016
Hi! Its me again.

I tried to submit my case specific inquiry to CIC. It is written there that "If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada." :(

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
connie26 said:
Hi! Its me again.

I tried to submit my case specific inquiry to CIC. It is written there that "If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada." :(
ok. that is standard language. that doesn't mean you won't hear back. many people get responses even if they are within normal processing times. submit the inquiry and see what happens.

amandeep256

Apr 15, 2015
canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 DEC 2015
AOR Received.
18 DEC 2015
Hello guys
I got my engagement done last month (spouse in india)
will be getting married next year feb
what is the approx processing time going on these days and what are the things i need to take care
plz advice

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
amandeep256 said:
Hello guys
I got my engagement done last month (spouse in india)
will be getting married next year feb
what is the approx processing time going on these days and what are the things i need to take care
plz advice
Anywhere from 3 to 13 months

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
It's been 87 days but there is no sa. And guess but ! yesterday We got a call from cpc Mississauga office and she said your case representative is not authorised in Canada (my representative is from india) that's why we are unable to Process your file so she told my wife that's she (officer ) gonna send latter to my wife . She said either you guys have to change your representative who is authorised in Canada or you have to apply by yourself .
Plz help what can I do ?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Lookfast said:
It's been 87 days but there is no sa. And guess but ! yesterday We got a call from cpc Mississauga office and she said your case representative is not authorised in Canada (my representative is from india) that's why we are unable to Process your file so she told my wife that's she (officer ) gonna send latter to my wife . She said either you guys have to change your representative who is authorised in Canada or you have to apply by yourself .
Plz help what can I do ?
remove the representative from your file and have everything sent to you and your wife. there's no need to have a representative receive communication from cic. it is better to have everything go through you. follow the directions the officer sends.

ejac09

Sep 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2016; AOR2 03-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016 and SA
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed 19-01-17
Med's Done....
05-09-2016 :BC in Progress Feb 17 2017 :DM in ecas Feb 17, 2017
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2017
Which courier did you sent your application? Thanks

rcastillejo

Sep 22, 2016
hello, I'm a newbie here and on the process of filling out the forms necessary for spousal sponsorship. Does the sponsor still need to fill out the FINANCIAL EVALUATION form?Thank you! God bless