Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
rebecca1987 said:
Hi,

The status of my spousal application changed to DM. Can someone please tell me, how much time it will take now?

It is DM on Application. What will be process now? when should i expect him to be here.

Thank you :)

When did u apply... i see ur vo is new delhi? Which side of cas changed to dm?

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi i am so depressed!! Actually i am permanent residence here in canada. My fiancé is in usa on asylum protection. His case is still in process. No decision has been made yet! I will get marry him soon in usa. We bith are originally from india. Right now he down have his passport. I just want ask if someone know is it true that if i will sponsor my husband after marrage on spouse visa for Canadian permanent residency. He will have to leave usa just because he doesn't have his indian passport? Or he can come here in Canada directly from usa? Please please do reply if someone have any idea about it please! Thanx in advance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PolaMahal said:
Hi i am so depressed!! Actually i am permanent residence here in canada. My fiancé is in usa on asylum protection. His case is still in process. No decision has been made yet! I will get marry him soon in usa. We bith are originally from india. Right now he down have his passport. I just want ask if someone know is it true that if i will sponsor my husband after marrage on spouse visa for Canadian permanent residency. He will have to leave usa just because he doesn't have his indian passport? Or he can come here in Canada directly from usa? Please please do reply if someone have any idea about it please! Thanx in advance.
He must have either a passport or travel document to enter Canada:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/arriving.asp

You can apply to sponsor him after you are married, but you will need to be in (and remain in) Canada, since you are not a Canadian citizen.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
Got a question , i see a lot of people here go to their "MP" to get some sort of action or inquiry started .... which MP do you choose ? im sure NZ immigration minister is not going to care about mine and my wifes immigration to canada... or do i just ask my local MP who i wont vote for ever again because im leaving the country , why would he be interested in helping .. can someone shed light please and thank you .
one of the reasons im asking is our GMSC? GSCM? notes are now 40 days since ordering them , and no sign .... of course no one to talk to , and emails appear to go unanswered .... plus i have been asked to send my signed approval for the police check , something we already did in the initial application so as not to hinder .... but they may have misplaced the original ...
cheers

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwiblair said:
Got a question , i see a lot of people here go to their "MP" to get some sort of action or inquiry started .... which MP do you choose ? im sure NZ immigration minister is not going to care about mine and my wifes immigration to canada... or do i just ask my local MP who i wont vote for ever again because im leaving the country , why would he be interested in helping .. can someone shed light please and thank you .
one of the reasons im asking is our GMSC? GSCM? notes are now 40 days since ordering them , and no sign .... of course no one to talk to , and emails appear to go unanswered .... plus i have been asked to send my signed approval for the police check , something we already did in the initial application so as not to hinder .... but they may have misplaced the original ...
cheers
It's the Canadian MP of the sponsor not the MP of the principal applicant

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
my wife (canadian born) and i both live in NZ she has been here for the last 8 years .... we will end up in saskatchewan , so we contact Brad Wall ...?

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Hello everybody i need some help.. iv been struggling to understand the following and wud be grateful if some1 can help me out asap.. im a principal applicant and my husband is a canadian citizen (sponsor).. my VO is London and our file was recieved on 6 Sept 2016.
1) my sponsor has not recieved any AOR1 email yet... ppl say u can still link ur application via MyCIC..is that true?
2) who links the MyCIC? Me or sponsor?
3) how do we link? I went thru CIC and they say u can use GCKey.. where do we get it from?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kiwiblair said:
my wife (canadian born) and i both live in NZ she has been here for the last 8 years .... we will end up in saskatchewan , so we contact Brad Wall ...?
No, you don't contact the Premier of the province. You need to contact the MP for the area where you will be living.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
maybe things would move quicker if we wrote Brad .... :p
cheers for the advice ,
what can the MP do , that we cant do ? do a lot of people use this route ? ... i see some people warning against it , .. as an aside , does anyone have a phone number for calling about the notes being late etc etc , that can be used from outside canada , or can we get my wives mum or dad to call from inside canada on our behalf?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kiwiblair said:
what can the MP do , that we cant do ? do a lot of people use this route ? ... i see some people warning against it , .. as an aside , does anyone have a phone number for calling about the notes being late etc etc , that can be used from outside canada , or can we get my wives mum or dad to call from inside canada on our behalf?
The MP most likely won't do anything for you right now since you are barely three months into the process and don't really have cause for their assistance.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=464&top=1

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
cheers canuck_in_uk , i am aware of the time that we have been waiting , you have mentioned this before in some of my inquires , i was mearly asking what an MP would do any differently than myself , as in why would you contact an MP ,? ,, do they answers to questions that i cant? at this stage i was just asking the why?
cheers

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
kiwiblair said:
cheers
I don't think an MP can help with late notes. When mine were late (more than 40 days from the time I ordered them), I e-mailed atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca and got the notes later the same day.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kiwiblair said:
cheers canuck_in_uk , i am aware of the time that we have been waiting , you have mentioned this before in some of my inquires , i was mearly asking what an MP would do any differently than myself , as in why would you contact an MP ,? ,, do they answers to questions that i cant? at this stage i was just asking the why?
cheers
an MP won't necessarily get more information than you can. an MP can be helpful with getting in touch with CIC and asking about a specific issue with a file (ie: beyond normal processing time issues, applications getting filed wrong, document request issues, etc). CIC must respond to an MPs request in a specific amount of time (i believe it's 48 hours), while they have no obligation to respond to sponsor or applicant requests. They are helpful in inquiring about/resolving application issues.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kiwiblair said:
Basically, MPs can communicate with IRCC better. While a message from you might not be acknowledged for weeks, the same message from an MP will be acknowledged within days. This allows any potential problems or issues to be resolved faster.

For a straightforward app within the processing time, an MP can't really do anything. They may be able to get a bit more information about where in the process the app is but that's about it.

jryan

Sep 19, 2016
hi there..im new here and just sent in my application to sponsor my wife to canada. my question is that i forgot to include my email within the application, will that hinder the process even more and how can i contact someone regarding my email.

thanks in advanced