Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
luissuarez said:
Does the sponsor have to provide a police certificate in a spousal application?
no. the sponsor only needs to submit what's listed on the sponsor's checklist.

winter1986

Sep 13, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I'm very new in this forum. I will be sponsoring my husband in the next few months and working on the documents. I have a few questions. My husband is based in Singapore, he already had his medical exam. How is he going to get a police clearance in SG? It is stated in the website that he needs to get a letter of request from CIC first before he could get a police clearance, he also worked in Qatar for a year last 2014, does he need to get a police clearance as well in Qatar, how is he going to obtain that?

I'm 5 months pregnant now, we got married April of this year only in the Philippines. What are the chances if he'll apply a tourist visa first before we file his application under spousal sponsorship just to make sure he'll make it on time when I give birth in January 2017? Should I file his application under spousal sponsorship first before applying him as a tourist?

Thank you!

ejac09

Sep 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2016; AOR2 03-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016 and SA
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed 19-01-17
Med's Done....
05-09-2016 :BC in Progress Feb 17 2017 :DM in ecas Feb 17, 2017
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2017
how to submit the application? I will contact first the immigration before to submit the application? Or Just send it via courier?

ejac09

Sep 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2016; AOR2 03-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016 and SA
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed 19-01-17
Med's Done....
05-09-2016 :BC in Progress Feb 17 2017 :DM in ecas Feb 17, 2017
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2017
Hi. Im working in tim hortons. Im gonna request the proof of employment but she is out of the country. Can my supervisor sign the letter? Is it a big issue to the immigration? Can I provide the letter and asked the supervisor to sign?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
subtain said:
No, the original is with cic, so I was hoping to give a colour scan and an attached letter to cic to pull her police certificate from my PR file. Do i think it can work?
You must submit an original PCC with the sponsorship application, so she will need to obtain a new one.

winter1986 said:
How is he going to get a police clearance in SG? It is stated in the website that he needs to get a letter of request from CIC first before he could get a police clearance,

he also worked in Qatar for a year last 2014, does he need to get a police clearance as well in Qatar, how is he going to obtain that?

What are the chances if he'll apply a tourist visa first before we file his application under spousal sponsorship just to make sure he'll make it on time when I give birth in January 2017? Should I file his application under spousal sponsorship first before applying him as a tourist?
He needs to wait for the request letter after submitting the app.

Yes, he needs to get a Qatar PCC. Check the IRCC website for instructions.

The chances of him being granted a TRV are very low but you can still try.

ejac09 said:
how to submit the application? I will contact first the immigration before to submit the application? Or Just send it via courier?
Why would you have to contact IRCC first? Just submit your app.

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi All,

Hope all are doing well.

I am a Canadian PR and engaged recently to a girl from India and we have plans for marriage(arrange) next year.
Both the families want that girl goes along with me to Canada once we get married.
Is there any option by which we can achieve this e.g. Study Visa?

I know if i apply Outland family sponsorship it will take around 1 year for her to come to canada after marriage.

If she comes on Study visa, how soon i can marry(Civil marraige) her in canada? And once we marry in Canada, which type of sponsorship i should apply i.e. INLAND or OUTLAND?
What is more advisable?

Experts please advise, so i can plan things accordingly.

Thanks.

hyow12

May 11, 2016
I'm hoping maybe someone can help me with this.
My husband is from Germany and I am a Canadian citizen. Our application status was updated today from "In Process" to "Decision Made".
It still just shows the three lines though!
1. Application Received
2. Application Started
3. Medical results received.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how long was it before you received more information?

Is this good news?? I hope so. Smiley

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hyow12 said:
I'm hoping maybe someone can help me with this.
My husband is from Germany and I am a Canadian citizen. Our application status was updated today from "In Process" to "Decision Made".
It still just shows the three lines though!
1. Application Received
2. Application Started
3. Medical results received.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how long was it before you received more information?

Is this good news?? I hope so. Smiley
yes, that's normal. there won't be anything further added when status changes. when you say "our application", are you referring to the sponsor's or the applicant's? if you're referring to the sponsors, there seems to have a been a big update push in ECAS and a lot of sponsor status' changed to DM, even if the sponsor has already been approved. If it's the applicant's side you're referring to, and there weren't any further document requests or an interview, that generally means the application was approved. if the applicant requires a visa, they will receive instructions for sending their passport to the visa office - so the applicant should be on the lookout for an email or a letter in regular mail. if they don't require a visa and did not receive a passport request, then it is assumed the PPR was waived, and the COPR document was mailed out - so have your husband keep an eye out for a brown envelope in regular mail.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
satbsi said:
Both the families want that girl goes along with me to Canada once we get married.
Is there any option by which we can achieve this e.g. Study Visa?

If she comes on Study visa, how soon i can marry(Civil marraige) her in canada? And once we marry in Canada, which type of sponsorship i should apply i.e. INLAND or OUTLAND?
What is more advisable?
She can certainly apply for a study permit if she qualifies. If she is already married to you, there is a good chance of refusal.

You really should follow the cultural norms of marriage in India and do the big traditional ceremonies. A civil marriage has a good chance of being seen as a Marriage of Convenience.

Outland is faster.

Makeup28

Sep 16, 2016
Sponcership application status saying decision made.
Permanent residence application status in processing.
What does this mean? , will my husband come here very soon like this month?

Please someone help me, thank you. :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Makeup28 said:
Sponcership application status saying decision made.
Permanent residence application status in processing.
What does this mean? , will my husband come here very soon like this month?
No, it doesn't mean that your husband will be approved soon.

If you want a proper response, you need to provide some basic information about your situation; what VO, when did you apply, when did get sponsor approval?

rebecca1987

Nov 19, 2013
Hi,

The status of my spousal application changed to DM. Can someone please tell me, how much time it will take now?

It is DM on Application. What will be process now? when should i expect him to be here.

Thank you :)

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
rebecca1987 said:
Hi,

The status of my spousal application changed to DM. Can someone please tell me, how much time it will take now?

It is DM on Application. What will be process now? when should i expect him to be here.

Thank you :)
It'll take up to the maximum period that it takes from your country of residence, sorry, but nobody can answer this question.