+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ToothFairyBae

Jul 27, 2016
Hello ! Me again !
I was wondering if my documents need to be all in one langage. So i'm french and my husband is english. Now all the canadian officials documents are in both langage and all my husband's documents are in english. Now, some of my documents (like proves of my job contract, and proves of our bank account, etc) are in french. Do We need to get them translated or because it's in french, it will be alright (because it's one of the 2 official langage of Canada). If we do need to translate them, do we have a find an translater for «non official documents» or we can do it by ourselfs?
THanks you :)

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
ToothFairyBae said:
Hello ! Me again !
I was wondering if my documents need to be all in one langage. So i'm french and my husband is english. Now all the canadian officials documents are in both langage and all my husband's documents are in english. Now, some of my documents (like proves of my job contract, and proves of our bank account, etc) are in french. Do We need to get them translated or because it's in french, it will be alright (because it's one of the 2 official langage of Canada). If we do need to translate them, do we have a find an translater for «non official documents» or we can do it by ourselfs?
Hi.

All documents need to be in either English or French, so no, you don't need to translate anything.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
ToothFairyBae said:
Hello ! Me again !
No need to translate into one official language. My husband is Moroccan so se of our documents were also only French/Arabic or English and French/English and we didn't translate anything.

mv79

Jul 28, 2016
xls said:
As long as the marriage is genuine, it doesn't matter where it was held. It could have been on the moon and it won't still make a difference. :D
Thanks! Glad to know this. :)

mv79

Jul 28, 2016
ImABule said:
Doesn't matter where you get married as long as it's legally valid in the country it took place and by Canadian law.

If your spouse is in Canada you have the choice of either inland or outland application.

Inland has no appeal option, takes longer to process, but offers a OWP after roughly 4 months.

Outland has appeal option, is processed faster, but if your wife requires an interview it will be held in Manila.

I highly recommend you apply outland.
Thanks! Glad to know this. :)

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
In the Sponsorship Evaluation form, Q.3 says: "Your net personal income for the 12-month period preceding the date of your application"

If I have not been in Canada as a PR or worked for up to a year, how do I answer that?

Also I have no notice of assessment for taxation year (T4 and other slips)

What do I show as prove of income?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
xls said:
In the Sponsorship Evaluation form, Q.3 says: "Your net personal income for the 12-month period preceding the date of your application"

If I have not been in Canada as a PR or worked for up to a year, how do I answer that?

Also I have no notice of assessment for taxation year (T4 and other slips)

What do I show as prove of income?
Do you have income from the past 12 months outside of canada? if yes, put that amount down, as they are asking for your WORLD income, not just money you have made in canada for the past 12 months. If you don't have income, then you don't have income and you need to declare $0. Income is not a requirement to sponsor your spouse and your application will not be rejected because the sponsor is unemployed or has $0 income.

Yalg0109

Jul 29, 2016
Hi! I'm just new here in this forum.. I just want to ask under sponsor questionnaire form IMM5540 Question#10. Where you yourself sponsored to come to Canada.. I'm under provincial nominee program (PNP) when i came here in Canada

Noa-Narcis

Jun 19, 2016
I have a question.
I had ask for GCMS one month ago,so today I got the email.
My sponsor (my wife) she is in Canada,there is information about her, it says that her martial status : married
relationship :spouse
but about my information it says
marital status : single Huh
undertaking lenght : 36 months Huh

Why my status is single and why 36 months?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Noa-Narcis said:
I have a question.
I had ask for GCMS one month ago,so today I got the email.
My sponsor (my wife) she is in Canada,there is information about her, it says that her martial status : married
relationship :spouse
but about my information it says
marital status : single Huh
undertaking lenght : 36 months Huh

Why my status is single and why 36 months?
I'm not sure why your status is single, though i wouldn't be concerned about it. 36 months refers to the 3 year undertaking the sponsor agrees to when they submit the application. the sponsor is financially repsonsible for the applicant 3 years after landing as a PR.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
Do you have income from the past 12 months outside of canada? if yes, put that amount down, as they are asking for your WORLD income, not just money you have made in canada for the past 12 months. If you don't have income, then you don't have income and you need to declare $0. Income is not a requirement to sponsor your spouse and your application will not be rejected because the sponsor is unemployed or has $0 income.
Thanks for the info.

reera

Jul 28, 2016
Hi
Need your help to answer my question. I have tried to speak with IRCC representative, but still I am not sure.
I married a Canadian citizen in USA, and arrived in Canada on February 28 from Buffalo border. I was coming to visit my husband here and go back home and apply outland PR application, but I changed my mind and applied Inland application. I Received AOR on Jun 29th. I submitted OWP one month later, b/c I didn't know that I can submit both OWP and PR application in same time. Please help me to answer my questions?
1. What is my status after receiving AOR? am I Visitor or not? If visitor, should I apply for a visa extension? I am from US and no visitor visa?
2. Am I eligible for Health care card? When can I apply for HCC?
3. I have my own car with US nameplate and US driving licence, I was advised to change the nameplate to Ontario. I went to the Border Customer in OSHAWA, and one officer told me that your PR application submitted and it doesn't mean that you are granted for PR, so you should wait till you get your PR and change the nameplate? Is that correct? What should I do? I can not go back to US and can not wait till get my PR Card, ans suggestion??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
reera said:
Hi
Need your help to answer my question. I have tried to speak with IRCC representative, but still I am not sure.
I married a Canadian citizen in USA, and arrived in Canada on February 28 from Buffalo border. I was coming to visit my husband here and go back home and apply outland PR application, but I changed my mind and applied Inland application. I Received AOR on Jun 29th. I submitted OWP one month later, b/c I didn't know that I can submit both OWP and PR application in same time. Please help me to answer my questions?
1. What is my status after receiving AOR? am I Visitor or not? If visitor, should I apply for a visa extension? I am from US and no visitor visa?
2. Am I eligible for Health care card? When can I apply for HCC?
3. I have my own car with US nameplate and US driving licence, I was advised to change the nameplate to Ontario. I went to the Border Customer in OSHAWA, and one officer told me that your PR application submitted and it doesn't mean that you are granted for PR, so you should wait till you get your PR and change the nameplate? Is that correct? What should I do? I can not go back to US and can not wait till get my PR Card, ans suggestion??
1. Your status is still visitor. If you included an OWP with your application, then you have implied status and don't need to extend.
2. Assuming you are in Ontario - no, you don't. You need to wait until you have an OWP.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
reera said:
Hi

3. you can not import the car until you are a resident of canada. until then, you will need to drive your us plated car in canada. the risk to that is when US insurance companies find out a car is in canada for 6+ months, they will cancel the insurance. right now, your options are to check with your insurance company if they will cover the car while in canada, continue driving it without notifying the insurance company (which is risky), or not drive the car in canada until you can import it properly. another option is to call the RIV (the canadian agency responsible for car imports) and see if you can temporarily import it. those in canada on temporary status can import cars temporarily, then transfer the import to a permanent import at a later date.

ifcer

Jul 28, 2016
Hello friends,

I am in need of some insight and guidance! Please Help!

Here is my situation:

My wife and I have been recently married and things are going great! I am a Canadian citizen and she has a 3 year Work Permit which will expire next year. I am looking more into the immigration process and didn't realize that the application process is quite long, I am worried if there is enough time... I read on the CIC website that I can sponsor either through inbound (26 months process time) or outbound (13 months process time). Even though we both live in Canada right now could we apply as outbound? I read there are disadvantages such as having to travel to my spouse's Country for an interview but that's only if the Visa office suspects that the marriage is not legitimate.

Also, if the PR application process exceeds the expiration of my wife's 3 year work visa (1 year left), would she still be able to stay in Canada? I was thinking to have my wife apply for a work extension because the CIC website said the total amount of years for a work permit in Canada can not exceed 4 years which means she can extent for 1 more year, would they approve the extension? If she can get the work permit extension I will be more relieved because that would mean we will have more time for the PR application!

I also read on the forum that when I submit the spousal sponsor application I can submit the work permit extension application along with it, is this true?

How should I go about this moving forward, what would be the best and most time efficient approach? I really appreciate the time you guys took to read this post. Thank you all in advance!