Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
ifcer said:
Hello friends,

I am in need of some insight and guidance! Please Help!

Here is my situation:

My wife and I have been recently married and things are going great! I am a Canadian citizen and she has a 3 year Work Permit which will expire next year. I am looking more into the immigration process and didn't realize that the application process is quite long, I am worried if there is enough time... I read on the CIC website that I can sponsor either through inbound (26 months process time) or outbound (13 months process time). Even though we both live in Canada right now could we apply as outbound? I read there are disadvantages such as having to travel to my spouse's Country for an interview but that's only if the Visa office suspects that the marriage is not legitimate.

Also, if the PR application process exceeds the expiration of my wife's 3 year work visa, would she still be able to stay in Canada? I was thinking to have my wife apply for a work extension because the CIC website said the total amount of years for a work permit in Canada can not exceed 4 years which means she can extent for 1 more year, would they approve the extension? If she can get the work permit extension I will be more relieved because that would mean we will have more time for the PR application!

I also read on the forum that when I submit the spousal sponsor application I can submit the work permit extension application along with it, is this true?

How should I go about this moving forward, what would be the best and most time efficient approach? I really appreciate the time you guys took to read this post. Thank you all in advance!
What is her home country? Timelines vary drastically from what is on the website.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ifcer said:
Also, if the PR application process exceeds the expiration of my wife's 3 year work visa, would she still be able to stay in Canada? I was thinking to have my wife apply for a work extension because the CIC website said the total amount of years for a work permit in Canada can not exceed 4 years which means she can extent for 1 more year, would they approve the extension? If she can get the work permit extension I will be more relieved because that would mean we will have more time for the PR application!

I also read on the forum that when I submit the spousal sponsor application I can submit the work permit extension application along with it, is this true?
Apply outland. Provided you have a straightforward app with no red flags, it should be done in less than a year.

She cannot apply for a work permit extension with an outland app. If her PR app isn't completed by the time her work permit is about to expire, she can apply to change her status to visitor so she can remain in Canada.

An OWP app can only be submitted with an inland sponsorship app.

reera

Jul 28, 2016
scylla said:
1. Your status is still visitor. If you included an OWP with your application, then you have implied status and don't need to extend.
2. Assuming you are in Ontario - no, you don't. You need to wait until you have an OWP.
So many thanks!!

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
hello experts:
I have question regarding landing interview for inland applicants. If you land in a CIC office in Canada can you still have a "goods to follow" list? After the permanent residency is granted we want to move some of our personal stuff from our home country to Canada. Is it possible?
thank you!
ZumbaG

reera

Jul 28, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
3. you can not import the car until you are a resident of canada. until then, you will need to drive your us plated car in canada. the risk to that is when US insurance companies find out a car is in canada for 6+ months, they will cancel the insurance. right now, your options are to check with your insurance company if they will cover the car while in canada, continue driving it without notifying the insurance company (which is risky), or not drive the car in canada until you can import it properly. another option is to call the RIV (the canadian agency responsible for car imports) and see if you can temporarily import it. those in canada on temporary status can import cars temporarily, then transfer the import to a permanent import at a later date.
Thank you so much for information. It was a good advice!!

spadafore.t

Feb 22, 2016
Hi there everyone, it's been awhile since I last had a question in regards to my situation. Time is drawing nearer for my partner and I to apply for the spousal sponsorship, just a quick briefing: my partner is Italian, I am a Canadian born citizen, parents, grandparents as well. For the most part I am confident about the process, however, having the personality that I have, I can't help but worry as I do not know 100% the ins and outs of the decision process; specifically how I would qualify or disqualify from being a suitable sponsor. This is my reasoning: I have a full time career, I make decent money (over and above what I would need to support the both of us during the inland application), I haven't been through this process before, and as a born citizen, no immigration loans. I'm worried because there was a huge/bizarre miscommunication some time ago, perhaps up to two years now has passed between myself and my former cellphone company, because I had cancelled the service from that particular provider. I thought I understood clearly, (because I had already dished out a considerable amount of cash in order to be able to cancel), that I was told to "disregard" the following bill I would get in the mail as it had already been sent prior to me cancelling. Long story short, I had disregarded the bill, as I clearly remember being told, and months went by without any contact AT ALL from this cell company despite still having the same number with my new provider. When one day I got a phone call from an "independent collection company" so I can pay them for an outstanding amount I had owing to them. I immediately paid this bill, and I was furious about the situation I had found myself in.. I want to know if this ridiculous situation I had found myself in 1.5-2 years ago will affect my ability to sponsor my partner. I'm just paranoid as the time is drawing nearer. Thank you for your time.

ifcer

Jul 28, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Apply outland. Provided you have a straightforward app with no red flags, it should be done in less than a year.

She cannot apply for a work permit extension with an outland app. If her PR app isn't completed by the time her work permit is about to expire, she can apply to change her status to visitor so she can remain in Canada.

An OWP app can only be submitted with an inland sponsorship app.
Hi,

Thank you for the reply! I was also leaning towards the outland app but what I am also considering the worst case scenario where the PR app doesn't go smooth and will take longer than a year from now. I know you mentioned that she can change her status to visitor but that would mean she would need to quit her job..

If I was to go with the inland app, what are the chances that they will extent her work permit and for how long? She is working as a bank teller right now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
spadafore.t said:
I want to know if this ridiculous situation I had found myself in 1.5-2 years ago will affect my ability to sponsor my partner. I'm just paranoid as the time is drawing nearer. Thank you for your time.
Zero impact. CIC won't even know about it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ifcer said:
Thank you for the reply! I was also leaning towards the outland app but what I am also considering the worst case scenario where the PR app doesn't go smooth and will take longer than a year from now. I know you mentioned that she can change her status to visitor but that would mean she would need to quit her job..

If I was to go with the inland app, what are the chances that they will extent her work permit and for how long? She is working as a bank teller right now.
Unless you have red flags, there is little chance of the app taking longer. Chinese apps are now processed in Hong Kong, which is a fairly fast office.

If you apply inland, she will receive the OWP about 4 months after submission. It is generally valid for 2 years, the usual duration of an inland app.

connect2jc

Jul 29, 2016
Hello guys,
I have questions regarding my spouse application which is bugging me a lot. I searched everywhere even called CIC but even they did not have answers.
Actually my spouse's birth is registered late and according to the information guide for Indian spouse visa application , there is a section under IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS.
Which says , if the birth is registered late,
Include the original baptism certificate
and other original documents establishing identity such as:
• Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificate ), and
• Voter’s ID card.

Q: 1) The first problem is we don't have baptism or any similar certificate. What should we provide instead of baptism certificate?

Q:2) Do I need to give ORIGINAL Certificate as stated above ? I cannot provide my spouse's original certificate and original election card because those documents are really crucial. Can I provide certified /notarize copy ?

Q:3) Can anybody please explain term middle standard ? What standard are included in middle standard?

Q:4) Matriculation certificate is 10th Standard certificate or 12th standard ?

Q:5) None of my school certificate has birth-date. Is it still useful?

Q:6) What other documents should I provide to birth-date ?

Please help me with your answers.
Each and every topic on this forum is talking about if birth certificate is missing but none of the forum guide what should one do if birth is registered late.
I will really appreciate your response.
Thank you.
JC.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Panic mode has set in. I received an email from CIC saying our application was not complete and that they need a form IMM008 showing all dependents.

Your application is incomplete; you will find details of the item(s) that are missing from this application below:
• You must provide a current, signed Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008) . This form should be completed and validated online, with information for the Principal Applicant and ALL DEPENDENTS, if applicable, WHETHER ACCOMPANYING OR NOT. Refer to the CIC Website at
Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class for more information.

We did include a form 008, but we don't have any dependents. My partner has 6 kids, one who's 17 and one who's 19, however neither are dependent on him. Both live 3 hours away, work full time and he doesn't pay child support for either. Are we expected to include them in the form? Neither would be interested in coming to Canada and we don't think they would want to do the medicals (it's expensive and the only panel physicians in our state are in Perth which is a very long drive for them).

Thanks

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
DollyM said:
Panic mode has set in. I received an email from CIC saying our application was not complete and that they need a form IMM008 showing all dependents.

Your application is incomplete; you will find details of the item(s) that are missing from this application below:
• You must provide a current, signed Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008) . This form should be completed and validated online, with information for the Principal Applicant and ALL DEPENDENTS, if applicable, WHETHER ACCOMPANYING OR NOT. Refer to the CIC Website at
Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class for more information.

We did include a form 008, but we don't have any dependents. My partner has 6 kids, one who's 17 and one who's 19, however neither are dependent on him. Both live 3 hours away, work full time and he doesn't pay child support for either. Are we expected to include them in the form? Neither would be interested in coming to Canada and we don't think they would want to do the medicals (it's expensive and the only panel physicians in our state are in Perth which is a very long drive for them).

Thanks
The 17 year old is still a dependant by CIC definition.

May 25, 2016
Hello All,

I have applied for my spouse in May 2015 and still have n't received anything. The status has not moved from "Medical results have been received". I also filed for GCMS case notes and they also came back as all good with the status of medical reassessment but so far we haven't received any letter for medical reassessment.

Please advise, I am really worried. Is it going to take exactly 19 months?

Yalg0109

Jul 29, 2016
Hi! I'm just new here in this forum.. I just want to ask under sponsor questionnaire form IMM5540 Question#10. Where you yourself sponsored to come to Canada.. I'm under provincial nominee program (PNP) when i came here in Canada . for Provincial Nominee Program was there any sponsor there? I'm confused with this question. please help