Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
HELLO EVERYONE! I need your advice regarding police check please...

My husband (applicant) worked in Sudan (2009-2012) and Saudi Arabia (2013-2015). He is now in the Philippines.

Unfortunately, the Sudan consulate in the Philippines doesn't issue police clearance only an official letter that says that they don't issue police clearance. I called Sudan embassy in Canada and they said that he has to contact the nearest embassy in his location. In my husband's case, it's Malaysia. We contacted them and they need my husband to apply in person. They also need the passport used for Sudan and since it's expired and misplaced already, we dont have any document from Sudan other than an employment certificate.

For Saudi, as stated in the CIC website, it's not possible for non residents to get police clearance from that country.

I'm just worried because he is missing two police clearances. Any other suggestion? Please help!

mv79

Jul 28, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Does it matter where the marriage is formalized?

My fiancee is from the Philippines and I would like to know if we can apply using the Application for Permanent Residence From Within Canada – Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class (IMM 5289) if we marry in the Philippines and I take her to Canada on her visitor visa.

Thank you.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
mv79 said:
Hi Everyone,

My fiancee is from the Philippines and I would like to know if we can apply using the Application for Permanent Residence From Within Canada – Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class (IMM 5289) if we marry in the Philippines and I take her to Canada on her visitor visa.

Thank you.
As long as the marriage is genuine, it doesn't matter where it was held. It could have been on the moon and it won't still make a difference. :D

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
mv79 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thank you.
Doesn't matter where you get married as long as it's legally valid in the country it took place and by Canadian law.

If your spouse is in Canada you have the choice of either inland or outland application.

Inland has no appeal option, takes longer to process, but offers a OWP after roughly 4 months.

Outland has appeal option, is processed faster, but if your wife requires an interview it will be held in Manila.

I highly recommend you apply outland.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Join us here to expedite our pr and trv for spouses
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-permits-for-inland-trv-for-outland-spousal-sponsorship-t440308.0.html

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
Do you guyz have any clear idea how to change my address on cic . im applicant living outside canada. is it possible through online or do i have to submit any letter to my visa office?

pinkandblue

Jul 27, 2016
Hi,
I have a question regarding to OWP.
I had post graduate work permit (expired June 2016). I applied PR inland and also OWP just before my post graduate work permit expired.
I did not know that I can keep working.
I thought I can stay in Canada but I cannot work till I get the OWP.
SO I quite my job and a few days ago I read that I could keep working.
Anyways I do not want to go back to the company I worked for, but my question is can I apply for any jobs now?
My SIN is expired and I do not know how to get a job without SIN.
If anyone can answer me, thank you thank you thank you so much!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinkandblue said:
Hi,
I have a question regarding to OWP.
I had post graduate work permit (expired June 2016). I applied PR inland and also OWP just before my post graduate work permit expired.
I did not know that I can keep working.
I thought I can stay in Canada but I cannot work till I get the OWP.
SO I quite my job and a few days ago I read that I could keep working.
Anyways I do not want to go back to the company I worked for, but my question is can I apply for any jobs now?
My SIN is expired and I do not know how to get a job without SIN.
If anyone can answer me, thank you thank you thank you so much!!
The majority of `opinions' here, is that you could not continue to work after your PGWP had expired. Where did you see concrete evidence that you could have?

You must now wait for the OWP to work for a new employer.

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hey everyone! I have a question about some proof I have to send in. On the 19th I got an email saying that since my husband (who is sponsoring me) is on AISH we need to provide a little more financial proof so they know we can live together with the funds we have. However, we just got something in the mail two days ago saying he was approved to sponsor me. Do we still need to send in the financial proof if they already sponsored him? Or should I do it just in case? If anyone has been through this before could you let me know. I think we're going to send it in anyway JUST to be safe, but I was just curious if it really mattered at this point.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MapleOakLife said:
Hey everyone! I have a question about some proof I have to send in. On the 19th I got an email saying that since my husband (who is sponsoring me) is on AISH we need to provide a little more financial proof so they know we can live together with the funds we have. However, we just got something in the mail two days ago saying he was approved to sponsor me. Do we still need to send in the financial proof if they already sponsored him? Or should I do it just in case? If anyone has been through this before could you let me know. I think we're going to send it in anyway JUST to be safe, but I was just curious if it really mattered at this point.
Yes, you still need to send in the proof.

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
One more question. I need to send proof of cohabitation. And it says this must be received at this office by: 2016/08/18. Does this mean they want it mailed or do I send that with everything else online? I'm very confused about this part. It says after the financial information to "send the requested information/documents with respect to your application via the case specific enquiry form" and then under that it says "In addition the following information is also required" shows what they want then the "must be received at this office". Should I send it online and also mail it to them or what?

pryor

Jul 28, 2016
im applying outland, I was here on 2 year work permit, I been on a visitor visa for a while now, we just had a baby born in Canada, both me and my husbands only child,

im being sponsored by my husband, and im guessing I don't fill out dependants part or additional dependants cause it says only if there not Canadian born

do I need to print these forms and write n/a or not bother printing them?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
pryor said:
im applying outland, I was here on 2 year work permit, I been on a visitor visa for a while now, we just had a baby born in Canada, both me and my husbands only child,

im being sponsored by my husband, and im guessing I don't fill out dependants part or additional dependants cause it says only if there not Canadian born

do I need to print these forms and write n/a or not bother printing them?
if the forms don't apply to you, you do not need to include them.

Jessica0007

Jul 28, 2016
Hello,
I need help!! I want to sponsor my husband from outside canada! But the problem is that my account is less than the amount of the minimum necessary income. What should I do? And what about immigration under the family class category? Is it the same? If not what's the different?

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
Jessica0007 said:
Hello,
I need help!! I want to sponsor my husband from outside canada! But the problem is that my account is less than the amount of the minimum necessary income. What should I do? And what about immigration under the family class category? Is it the same? If not what's the different?

There is no min. income for sponsoring a spouse under the family class.

"prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application."

quoted from this link...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Best wishes!