+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jul 26, 2016
Night Flight79 said:
Hi.

I've applied for PR under Spouse or common-law partner, I have received an email about police certificate, I have sent t, a week after I got an email asking me to complete all the documents after I read the email again I found there is a form, I did complete the form. my question is what should I write in Enquiry box I have to write 1500 character(s) I need some help please, what should I write.

Thank you

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
I have my documents ready and plan to mail them to Mississauga tomorrow. We are submitting the Sponsor Application (SA) for my spouse who is a Canadian citizen and I am an American citizen applying for Outland Permanent Reisdency (PR). Our package includes the following (all mailed in one envelope), am I overlooking anything? :
IMM 5491 - Document Checklist - Sponsor
IMM 1344 (barcode pages in front)
IMM 5481
IMM 5476 (though not applicable (N/A), I checked it on checklist, included it in packet & wrote: N/A on top of each page)
Copy of receipt
IMM 5409 (though N/A, I checked it on checklist, included it in packet & wrote: N/A on top of pg)
IMM 5540
______
Appendix A - Doc. Checklist - Immigrant
IMM 0008 (with barcode page at front)
IMM 0008DEP (though N/A)
IMM 5669
IMM 5490 (attached pages of details of our travels together, plane tickets, emails, hotel receipts, congratulatory wedding cards, etc)
IMM 5406 (1 for both my husband (sponsor) & me)
IMM 5476 (though N/A, wrote N/A on pages)
SA's birth certificate (front & back)
My birth certificate
SA's passport & copies of its pages
My passport & page copies
Our marriage certificate
Police certificate (NOTE: this is not the official FBI clearance, I made a note on what I'm submitting that I sent the fingerprints, forms, payment to the FBI on May 19, 2016 & will send them to CIC as soon as they're received)
Upfront Medical Exam (2 sheets by eMedical)
2 pics by photographer
Details of SA's income
Copy of state Driver's License
3 notarized letters by friends validating our relationship

Thank you for all the help and suggestions!

mahmooti

Jul 26, 2016
hi
im a PR,and want to get married!my wife has a multiple visitor visa and we plan to get married here in canada and after that she will be back to her country !

1-should i apply as outland ?

2-after starting the process could she come back here again with her multiple visa?(sb told me while she is under process she cant come back to canada!!!)

3-my income in 2015 was nothing because i had no job is it has a bad effect on my sponsorship file ?

thanks

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
KateChurchill said:
I have my documents ready and plan to mail them to Mississauga tomorrow. We are submitting the Sponsor Application (SA) for my spouse who is a Canadian citizen and I am an American citizen applying for Outland Permanent Reisdency (PR). Our package includes the following (all mailed in one envelope), am I overlooking anything? :
IMM 5491 - Document Checklist - Sponsor
IMM 1344 (barcode pages in front)
IMM 5481
IMM 5476 (though not applicable (N/A), I checked it on checklist, included it in packet & wrote: N/A on top of each page)
Copy of receipt
IMM 5409 (though N/A, I checked it on checklist, included it in packet & wrote: N/A on top of pg)
IMM 5540
______
Appendix A - Doc. Checklist - Immigrant
IMM 0008 (with barcode page at front)
IMM 0008DEP (though N/A)
IMM 5669
IMM 5490 (attached pages of details of our travels together, plane tickets, emails, hotel receipts, congratulatory wedding cards, etc)
IMM 5406 (1 for both my husband (sponsor) & me)
IMM 5476 (though N/A, wrote N/A on pages)
SA's birth certificate (front & back)
My birth certificate
SA's passport & copies of its pages
My passport & page copies
Our marriage certificate
Police certificate (NOTE: this is not the official FBI clearance, I made a note on what I'm submitting that I sent the fingerprints, forms, payment to the FBI on May 19, 2016 & will send them to CIC as soon as they're received)
Upfront Medical Exam (2 sheets by eMedical)
2 pics by photographer
Details of SA's income
Copy of state Driver's License
3 notarized letters by friends validating our relationship

Thank you for all the help and suggestions!
Hi.

The barcodes go on top of the entire application. For example the PA barcodes will go on top of the applicants forms and supporting docs.

Your relationship proof is rather thin. You haven't included much. Although being American your burden of proof is lower, I'd include more than just three letters from friends.

You also need to include the reciept for payment of the fees, an employment letter if that is not what you mean by details of sponsor income, and sponsors NOA

As for relationship proof this is taken from the USA regional guide:

If you are being sponsored by your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, you must send evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor such as wedding photos or proof that you are partners, letters between you and your sponsor, and telephone bills showing contact between you and your sponsor.

Proof of your sponsor's visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, copies of pages of your sponsor's passport showing entry/exit stamps.

My wife and I supplied WAY more than what they suggested.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Hi,

I replied to the thread you created.

Please do not spam several threads asking the same question.

It's rude.

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
Thank you so much for your response!
-Should all barcode pages be pulled out be placed at the very top of the hundreds of pages we are submitting?
-Am I handling the FBI/police clearance correctly since I haven't receive it yet but expect to anyway since it was submitted to FBI in May 2016 and I haven't received their official statement to submit with these apps?
-How were your 2 photographer pictures included? I have them in a small envelope & the envelope is labeled with my name and date of birth.

I appreciate all your help!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
KateChurchill said:
Thank you so much for your response!
-Should all barcode pages be pulled out be placed at the very top of the hundreds of pages we are submitting?
-Am I handling the FBI/police clearance correctly since I haven't receive it yet but expect to anyway since it was submitted to FBI in May 2016 and I haven't received their official statement to submit with these apps?
-How were your 2 photographer pictures included? I have them in a small envelope & the envelope is labeled with my name and date of birth.

I appreciate all your help!
We separated it into 3 sections.

Sponsor forms and docs with barcodes on top, PA forms and docs with barcodes on top, and proof of relationship. We put it into separate envelopes and shipped it all together within a bigger package. The intention was for 3 envelopes, but we ended up with 6 due to the amount of evidence we sent.

CIC understands it takes time to obtain the FBI clearance. Include proof that it has been applied for and that it will be sent when obtained.

We were required to send 6 photos. We attached them in a small envelope with a paper clip to a cover page in the PA docs. We included a cover sheet with a numbered sticky tab for everything submitted with a table of contents explaining which doc/form was for each number. We then used binder clip to attach it all together. We did this for both sponsor and PA forms/docs and for relationship proofs. Example, for the medical exam we put a cover page that stated "Proof of upfront medical exam" with a tab that had say a "8" on it and paper clipped it. After the barcodes on top and the doc checklist we placed the table of contents which then stated "tab 8- proof of medical exam, 1 page"

Chris101

Jan 31, 2011
Hi Guys,
Good evening, I am sponsoring my wife whom I got married to a couple of months ago.. Her passport and other identification documents still have her maiden name. Should she put her maiden name on the forms and sign to that (since all her docs reflect that) or should she use my surname given we have a marriage certificate to support name change?

Your help is much appreciated.

Chris

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Chris101 said:
Hi Guys,
Good evening, I am sponsoring my wife whom I got married to a couple of months ago.. Her passport and other identification documents still have her maiden name. Should she put her maiden name on the forms and sign to that (since all her docs reflect that) or should she use my surname given we have a marriage certificate to support name change?

Your help is much appreciated.

Chris
Hi.

All docs must contain the same name.

She will need to update everything with maiden name on it before applying.

Chris101

Jan 31, 2011
ImABule said:
Hi.

All docs must contain the same name.

She will need to update everything with maiden name on it before applying.
Hi,
Do you mean update her docs with "my surname"... Can she sign her old name "maiden name" on all the forms consistently?

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
Great! I think we are ready for submission!
Is the correct address to mail this SA & Outland PR app (all together, 1 envelope)?:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Thank you again! You've been terrific help!

Chris101

Jan 31, 2011
KateChurchill said:
Great! I think we are ready for submission!
Is the correct address to mail this SA & Outland PR app (all together, 1 envelope)?:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Thank you again! You've been terrific help!
That is correct!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Chris101 said:
Hi,
Do you mean update her docs with "my surname"... Can she sign her old name "maiden name" on all the forms consistently?
The name used in the app must be exactly the same as the name in her passport, regardless of what is on her other documents.

Ishita

Jul 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-6-2016
Pls help me to understand...

CIC received my application on May 26,2016. We received Application nos/case nos on June 16,2016 (This is our acknowledgement nos) right? We are yet to get sponsorship approval ....it will come in an email right? I dont know why it is taking so long..... also how long does the file take to get transfer from Canada to India?

pls pls help.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Ishita said:
Pls help me to understand...

CIC received my application on May 26,2016. We received Application nos/case nos on June 16,2016 (This is our acknowledgement nos) right? We are yet to get sponsorship approval ....it will come in an email right? I dont know why it is taking so long..... also how long does the file take to get transfer from Canada to India?

pls pls help.
Did it state which visa office received the application? Did it state which office your application was being sent to? In some cases, AOR1 might be skipped. I ask this because some sponsors have been approved in 3 weeks.

The posted sponsorship assessment time is 56 days....so you should be hearing from CIC around Aug 12 (56 days from Jun 16)...if you have not heard from them after that time, then you can make enquiries because the posted application processing time has been exceeded.

Hopefully this helps!

C.