Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Hey everyone Im slightly confused and looking for anyone to explain me what it means. My husband is sponsoring me for PR.
So when i logged into ECAS this morning i saw two colums. One said sponsorship application that said "in process" and had 3 lines/pointers when i opened it. The column next to it had the heading of permenant residence status that also said "in process" and had 2 lines/points in it when i clicked it.
The column next to my husbands name said "decision made"
Does it mean they are working on my application? If so by when can i expect the status to update again which im guessing will be a DM?

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
Hi guys,
I am new in this forum. I am September applicants. My visa office is Singapore VO. My both SA and PR ecas status shows "in process" since December 2015. My medical will be expire next week. I have not recieved any e-mail from SVO after AOR2. What will be the next procedure and when I'll get my re-medical and PPR? Any kinds of advise is hugely appreciated. Thanks in adv.

n143

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
CSQ : 21-03-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016 , AOR2 : 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront..
Med's Done....
04-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
hope soon...
LANDED..........
hope soon....
love(ao) said:
Hi guys,
I am new in this forum. I am September applicants. My visa office is Singapore VO. My both SA and PR ecas status shows "in process" since December 2015. My medical will be expire next week. I have not recieved any e-mail from SVO after AOR2. What will be the next procedure and when I'll get my re-medical and PPR? Any kinds of advise is hugely appreciated. Thanks in adv.
As per the forms , They'll send you an email for re-medical once they start working on your file. Basically after your medical expire in your case. But once they request for re-medial you will get decision made with in month or two.
One of my friend medical expired month ago, still didn't get any email for re-medical. But two of my friends received and email after one month of medical expired.

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
n143 said:
As per the forms , They'll send you an email for re-medical once they start working on your file. Basically after your medical expire in your case. But once they request for re-medial you will get decision made with in month or two.
One of my friend medical expired month ago, still didn't get any email for re-medical. But two of my friends received and email after one month of medical expired.
Thanks for your quick response. I am worried because i saw many Bangladeshi applicant got their visa between 5-6 months after they applied. Hope for getting re-medical and decision made soon.. in shaa allah.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
nf01 said:
Hey everyone Im slightly confused and looking for anyone to explain me what it means. My husband is sponsoring me for PR.
So when i logged into ECAS this morning i saw two colums. One said sponsorship application that said "in process" and had 3 lines/pointers when i opened it. The column next to it had the heading of permenant residence status that also said "in process" and had 2 lines/points in it when i clicked it.
The column next to my husbands name said "decision made"
Does it mean they are working on my application? If so by when can i expect the status to update again which im guessing will be a DM?
It means likely your husband has SA (he should get an email with this info soon) and your part of the application has been sent to your VO (assuming you applied outland).

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
xls said:
Now! meaning I don't have to work for 12 months in Canada before I can sponsor them? Wow! I have really been worried. 12 months before applying and then 17 months process time. My child would have forgotten me. lol.

But they can as well apply for visiting visa I think, or it might not be approved?

Nigeria. visa office is Accra Ghana.
No you don't have to work for 12 months. You can try for a visa, but unless your wife has strong ties to home, it's unlikely (ties as in a job, home etc). Check out the Ghana thread to see how long apps are averaging. It's unlikely to take 17 months if she does not require an interview: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants-t64640.5970.html

angelvidal

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016 AOR1/ 01-06-2016 AOR2/ 22-08-2016 Urgent addtnal docx
File Transfer...
20-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
Hopeful to be waived
Passport Req..
soon!
VISA ISSUED...
soon!
LANDED..........
before my birthday on Sept please to celebrate w/ hubby!!!
Hello everyone!

I am new in this forum.I need a lot of helpful information from those who underwent the same situation as I am having right now regarding our PR applctn for family sponsorship by my husband.

We are Filipinos, and currently my husband is a PR and in Canada while I am holding a working visa here at Singapore.

FEBRUARY 2016 Updates:
Our applctn was rcvd DEC 5 2015, ECAS states on my husband sponsorship status "In process" while on PR status "application recvd" and while I opened the PR status there are liners saying:
1. started processing applctn on Jan 28, 2016
2. medical received

Any advice of what to expect next for these liners? Any POSITIVE HOPE we could dwell into :)

Sincerely,
Angel from Singapore

Deep8989

Mar 12, 2016
I am principal applicant..I am filling IMM008 and section is there has asked number of dependants..I hv given my mother name(not accompanying to Canada with me) ,father name(not accompanying to Canada with me) and my spouse name(already in Canada).
1. Am I correct as i hv mentioned all members of my family as dependants?
2. How many family members including you are in this application ?
I answered '4' to above question..am i correct..?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Deep8989 said:
I am principal applicant..I am filling IMM008 and section is there has asked number of dependants..I hv given my mother name(not accompanying to Canada with me) ,father name(not accompanying to Canada with me) and my spouse name(already in Canada).
1. Am I correct as i hv mentioned all members of my family as dependants?
2. How many family members including you are in this application ?
I answered '4' to above question..am i correct..?
Family members

Your family members include your spouse or common-law partner, your dependent children and any children that are their dependent children.

Assuming your spouse in sponsoring you, you do not include your parents on the form.

novibrar

Oct 18, 2011
Hello all..
I have question related to --> "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)"
Section --> Sponsor Eligibility Assessment
Question --> 6. Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members -- Yes/No

- In Jan 2016 I submitted sponsorship application for my parents and sponsorship decision is pending.
- I got married in Feb 2016 and want to sponsor my spouse.

should I put Yes or No to this question 6 ???

My understanding from this question is that its asking if i have submitted any other application for "the person being sponsored"(my spouse?)

additionally, application guide says:
If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15
-You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application.
-If you are sponsoring a parent or grandparent, this does not apply to you.

Its bit confusing to me as i am sponsoring my spouse now where as i already submitted application for my parents earlier...

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
novibrar said:
Hello all..
I have question related to --> "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)"
Section --> Sponsor Eligibility Assessment
Question --> 6. Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members -- Yes/No

- In Jan 2016 I submitted sponsorship application for my parents and sponsorship decision is pending.
- I got married in Feb 2016 and want to sponsor my spouse.

My understanding from this question is that its asking if i have submitted any other application for "the person being sponsored"(my spouse?)

additionally, application guide says:
If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15
-You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application.
-If you are sponsoring a parent or grandparent, this does not apply to you.

Its bit confusing to me as i am sponsoring my spouse now where as i already submitted application for my parents earlier...
I would go with No, because you haven't sent in an another application to sponsor your spouse or THEIR family members that hasn't been processed yet. Parents sponsorship is different. A person can't send in 2 applications for the same thing at the same time. i think that's what it's referencing, not if you have another sponsorship app for another family member.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
novibrar said:

The answer is "Yes". When the question states "the person being sponsored", they are referring to the person sponsored in the PREVIOUS application, which would be your parents.

Answering "No" would be misrepresentation.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
The answer is no.. If I understand u correctly,u submitted an application to sponsor ur parents . That has nothing to do with ur spouse. It is ur spouse u want to sponsor and not ur spouse family member.

ahmedsalfy

May 5, 2014
hi i have a question about my application. i was married before and divorced now. i am applying for my wife. i am confused about "have you ever been married or conjugal partner relationship before", i answered yes but confusion is length of relation ship. should i just put from my date of marriage to date of divorce which appears on my divorce certificate? or my separation date? or court order date? please help me out ..............

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
ahmedsalfy said:
hi i have a question about my application. i was married before and divorced now. i am applying for my wife. i am confused about "have you ever been married or conjugal partner relationship before", i answered yes but confusion is length of relation ship. should i just put from my date of marriage to date of divorce which appears on my divorce certificate? or my separation date? or court order date? please help me out ..............
Date of marriage ( On marriage cert) to date of divorce ( On divorce cert)

That is d official length of the marriage.