Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pop32 said:
Hi Tolexmi,

Well, the problem is they gave me both email and Post Address. I just don't know which am I going to follow.

They said the that "All requested documents, unless specifically instructed to submit an original, should be sent as an email attachment"

Then they said in the end, "Please submit documents by ONE method only. Sending documents through duplicate or multiple channels will result in processing delays."

Should I do send those marked as Original through mail and the others through email?

What can you suggest?

Thank you!~
Hi ,
Send your documents using one method , as they have mentioned to you sending by Multiple channels will cause delays .
If you have originals to send then mail it to them , if there is no originals to send , then email it to them .

Cheers and speedy processing

saeidam

Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

I am new in the forum and I hope that this is the right place to ask my question.
I have PR status and married a few months after I got my PR. 5 months after applied for sponsorship (was in October 2015).
It has been about 6 months that I have not received any update about my application. Even I do not have the application (/file) number.
Nothing happened after I applied! I only know that the application package is delivered and signed by somebody.
Was wondering if this is a normal situation or this is just happening for me!
Thanks a lot and sorry if this is a FAQ!

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
pop32 said:
Hi Tolexmi,

Well, the problem is they gave me both email and Post Address. I just don't know which am I going to follow.

They said the that "All requested documents, unless specifically instructed to submit an original, should be sent as an email attachment"

Then they said in the end, "Please submit documents by ONE method only. Sending documents through duplicate or multiple channels will result in processing delays."

Should I do send those marked as Original through mail and the others through email?

What can you suggest?

Thank you!~
I will go with what TANMEX suggested. if you have originals , then mail it and also include all the copies in the same envelope, and if no originals , email.

save yourself the headache.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
saeidam said:
Hi,

I am new in the forum and I hope that this is the right place to ask my question.
I have PR status and married a few months after I got my PR. 5 months after applied for sponsorship (was in October 2015).
It has been about 6 months that I have not received any update about my application. Even I do not have the application (/file) number.
Nothing happened after I applied! I only know that the application package is delivered and signed by somebody.
Was wondering if this is a normal situation or this is just happening for me!
Thanks a lot and sorry if this is a FAQ!
Its not normal, at least u should have AOR( to acknowledge that your application has been received) and SA( to show that the sponsor has been approved and the file will b transferred to some Visa Office for processing)

i would advise you to do a Case Specific Enquiry to CiC... or try call them and see what the problem is ...

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Hi guys,

Any body got gud news from colombo office?

I have submited addiction documents which they requestsd to submit feb end.
Docum are policie clearanc, med and schedule A form.

Can i know y they request us to submit schedule A form?

And still im waiting...... Anyone hav same situation?

Gud luck for all who are tarvelling in the same boat....hope they will call for ppr for all who is waiting...

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
vijay1987 said:
Hi guys,

Any body got gud news from colombo office?

I have submited addiction documents which they requestsd to submit feb end.
Docum are policie clearanc, med and schedule A form.

Can i know y they request us to submit schedule A form?

And still im waiting...... Anyone hav same situation?

Gud luck for all who are tarvelling in the same boat....hope they will call for ppr for all who is waiting...
Sounds like a generic additional (not "addiction", btw, that has an entirely different meaning :p) docs request. It's routine.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Vanityfair said:
Hi guys,

Would want to clarify somethings about inland and outland sponsorship.

Advantages of inland:
-can start to build our family by being together early
-can obtain a work permit (is my understanding correct waiting time is 4mos?) am i gonna be entitled to medical benefits as well?
Work permits seem to take 4 months on average. Medical benefits depend on your province.

Disadvantages:
-process is looooooong like cannot leave canada for 2 years right?
Right, plus it's not a good idea to leave Canada during the process.

Advantages of outland:
-process is faster than inland can take 8-10months
-if waiting time is 8 months, may i fly to canada using my trv on the 5th month for example? May i say to the ones at the border that i have a PR in process and i would like to wait for the result while i am visiting canada?

Disadvantages:
-ldr again
Yes you can fly to Canada assuming you have a valid visitor's visa. Yes you can tell the border you have a PR in process, but still bring proof of that, and have a return ticket.
And sorry for asking a silly question, may we apply an outland sponsorship while i "am visiting" on my trv? Does outland mean i should be physically outside canada to fall under outland.

Thanks!
You can apply outland while visiting in Canada the whole time. Just apply for a status extension on your visa before your 6 months are up. Provide proof that you will leave if the visa status extension is not approved.

saeidam

Mar 22, 2016
Thanks for your reply.
I called CIC and it turned out that they have alredy acknowledged the reciept of the application of September 2015.
I submitted mine in October and hopefully will recieve the update by the next month.

Tolexmi said:
Its not normal, at least u should have AOR( to acknowledge that your application has been received) and SA( to show that the sponsor has been approved and the file will b transferred to some Visa Office for processing)

i would advise you to do a Case Specific Enquiry to CiC... or try call them and see what the problem is ...

Tekeng07

Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 29,2015
AOR Received.
February 17,2016
File Transfer...
March 1,2016
Quick question my husband is a filipino and he was currently working in thailand for two years thats why we used the Thailand checklist but then i got an email from cic that they`ve send my husband application to the visa office in the Philippines in which they should have send it in Thailand because he is there and we used the Thailand checklist. For his address it was stated there that he is in thailand and we used his thailand`address. Any help please what would happen to his papers?

canus77

Mar 14, 2016
VanityFair - My answer to your question would nearly mirror Aquakitty's..

We did an outland application and my hubby traveled back and forth from Canada to the US every week. (We didn't want to live apart - so we both moved to respective border towns for the PR process) Brutal :|
That way he could work/live in the US and travel to Canada for half the week.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Tekeng07 said:
Quick question my husband is a filipino and he was currently working in thailand for two years thats why we used the Thailand checklist but then i got an email from cic that they`ve send my husband application to the visa office in the Philippines in which they should have send it in Thailand because he is there and we used the Thailand checklist. For his address it was stated there that he is in thailand and we used his thailand`address. Any help please what would happen to his papers?
Unfortunately CIC usually sends the application to the VO of the applicant's home country, regardless of what checklist you use. You can try sending a case-specific enquiry and request they send it to Manila but there is no guarantee they will do it.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Tekeng07 said:
My advice, leave it in Manila where processing times are MUCH shorter vs Singapore office that processes Thai applicants. This is likely the reason cic sent the application to Manila

Tekeng07

Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 29,2015
AOR Received.
February 17,2016
File Transfer...
March 1,2016
jomz said:
My advice, leave it in Manila where processing times are MUCH shorter vs Singapore office that processes Thai applicants. This is likely the reason cic sent the application to Manila

so if they request for his passport does he need to send it to Manila even if he is only a contract worker in Thailand? Or will they stamp his passport when he is in vancouver?

pop32

May 23, 2015
TANMEX said:
Hi ,
Send your documents using one method , as they have mentioned to you sending by Multiple channels will cause delays .
If you have originals to send then mail it to them , if there is no originals to send , then email it to them .

Cheers and speedy processing

Thanks TANMEX. Really light up my mind.

pop32

May 23, 2015
Tolexmi said:
I will go with what TANMEX suggested. if you have originals , then mail it and also include all the copies in the same envelope, and if no originals , email.

save yourself the headache.
Yup Tolexmi. I'll follow that. Thanks.