Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Alex8881 said:
Hello everyone!
Can a spouse currently attending university on student loan sponsor his/her spouse?
Yes, as long as you are a Canadian PR or citizen.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello everyone..I'm currently filling out my application form but worried about the maximum time limit I can be away from my spouse before I put in my application..My sponsor has finally returned back to Canada..I'm applying common law..we are thinking of applying 3weeks from today...Will it be too long.? Will CIC accept it

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willyblue said:
Hello everyone..I'm currently filling out my application form but worried about the maximum time limit I can be away from my spouse before I put in my application..My sponsor has finally returned back to Canada..I'm applying common law..we are thinking of applying 3weeks from today...Will it be too long.? Will CIC accept it
I don't fully understand the question.

Are you saying that your partner is in Canada, but you are not? If so, and you have already met the required one year of cohabiting to qualify as a Common-Law partner, you can still apply [Outland] even if your are not currently living together.

As long as the requirement has been met and the relationship is still ongoing, you'll be fine. No need to wait to apply.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
My partner is finally back in Canada and I'm back to my country..We have already cohabited for one year..We both lived together in Uk..She's Canadian and I'm Nigerian...I'm in Nigeria now and filling out the application form..I'm looking at applying from Ghana in 3weeks..Will it be too late?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willyblue said:
My partner is finally back in Canada and I'm back to my country..We have already cohabited for one year..We both me and lived together in Uk..She's Canadian and I'm Nigerian...I'm Nigeria now and filling out the application form..I'm looking at applying from Ghana in 3weeks..Will it be too late?
Although a Common-Law couple can live separately after they have lived together for one continuous year, they need to show that they are still a genuine couple. This often becomes harder to do, over time, so I suggest sending the applications (everything gets sent together) ASAP.

Waiting 3 weeks will NOT be too late, but...why wait that long if it's ready to be sent sooner?

Make sure you have solid proof that you have met the Common-Law requirement!

Good luck!

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks ponga...Can I apply from my country or its my sponsor who should apply from Canada because I have all documents with me in Ghana right now..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willyblue said:
Thanks ponga...Can I apply from my country or its my sponsor who should apply from Canada because I have all documents with me in Ghana right now..
Your forms/documents, sponsor's forms/documents and all of your evidence of the relationship (including proof of having met the Common-Law eligibility requirement) gets sent together, in one large package/envelope, to CIC in Canada. It doesn't matter who the sender is, but you MUST be sure that you have the latest version of all IMM forms and that all required signatures are in place. CIC requires original signatures, so you can't fax/scan documents between you and your sponsor.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
thanks..You are a star..cherrs

zha09

Feb 28, 2016
Hello, I would appreciate any help with this. Im confuse.

On Part 3 of the Information guide in sponsoring a spouse from outside Canada, it states "Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below."

Im sponsoring my spouse who is currently in UAE as a temporary worker, he is a Filipino citizen. My question is which guideline should I follow? Philippines or UAE? I have phoned CIC about this and got 2 different answers at 2 different times.

Thanks

pop32

May 23, 2015
I just want to clarify, when sending the additional documents requested by the embassy, do you send those through email?

I provided them my email address during the application so the communication was mostly through email.

They also said in the letter asking for the additional documents that All requested documents must be sent as an email attachment unless specifically instructed to submit original.

Then what confuses me is the last part where they say that, Please submit documents by ONE method only. Sending duplicate or multiple channel will result in processing delay.

Please help me further understand these clause as I am confused with the words.

Thank you.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
zha09 said:
Hello, I would appreciate any help with this. Im confuse.

On Part 3 of the Information guide in sponsoring a spouse from outside Canada, it states "Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below."

Im sponsoring my spouse who is currently in UAE as a temporary worker, he is a Filipino citizen. My question is which guideline should I follow? Philippines or UAE? I have phoned CIC about this and got 2 different answers at 2 different times.

Thanks
I suggest that you just simply follow according to the applicants country of citizenship. Because as he is filipino, the application will be sent to Manila for processing, so getting documents that suit that Visa Office is better ...

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
pop32 said:
I just want to clarify, when sending the additional documents requested by the embassy, do you send those through email?

I provided them my email address during the application so the communication was mostly through email.

They also said in the letter asking for the additional documents that All requested documents must be sent as an email attachment unless specifically instructed to submit original.

Then what confuses me is the last part where they say that, Please submit documents by ONE method only. Sending duplicate or multiple channel will result in processing delay.

Please help me further understand these clause as I am confused with the words.

Thank you.
Send everything through email attachment. it should be fine. If they need originals and they want you to post it to them, they will give u a postal address, without that; use email.

pop32

May 23, 2015
Tolexmi said:
Send everything through email attachment. it should be fine. If they need originals and they want you to post it to them, they will give u a postal address, without that; use email.
Hi Tolexmi,

Well, the problem is they gave me both email and Post Address. I just don't know which am I going to follow.

They said the that "All requested documents, unless specifically instructed to submit an original, should be sent as an email attachment"

Then they said in the end, "Please submit documents by ONE method only. Sending documents through duplicate or multiple channels will result in processing delays."

Should I do send those marked as Original through mail and the others through email?

What can you suggest?

Thank you!~

Vanityfair

Feb 16, 2016
Hi guys,

Would want to clarify somethings about inland and outland sponsorship.

Advantages of inland:
-can start to build our family by being together early
-can obtain a work permit (is my understanding correct waiting time is 4mos?) am i gonna be entitled to medical benefits as well?

Disadvantages:
-process is looooooong like cannot leave canada for 2 years right?

Advantages of outland:
-process is faster than inland can take 8-10months
-if waiting time is 8 months, may i fly to canada using my trv on the 5th month for example? May i say to the ones at the border that i have a PR in process and i would like to wait for the result while i am visiting canada?

Disadvantages:
-ldr again

And sorry for asking a silly question, may we apply an outland sponsorship while i "am visiting" on my trv? Does outland mean i should be physically outside canada to fall under outland.

Thanks!