+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

harisaira

Apr 23, 2015
HELLO PLEASE SO HELP ME .. MY SPOUSE Had HER INTERVIEW IN WHICH THE officer has asked to send the Use a representative form which was already in the updated pack which my spouse gave to VO at the time of interview which was signed by both of us. But the VO said that applicant sign form is not included so than they request that USE A representative form now my question is that can we email them the document by scanning or we have to mail them ??

Nov 19, 2015
Hi, we received a mail from Delhi immigration office, but my doubt is about proof of payment that I already paid it, bcz it mentioned in mail about landing fee. Is every one received same mail when file forwarded by CIC canada to India (or other country) Visa office.

Dear KAMLINDER SINGH
We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

IF YOU ARE A NATIONAL OF AFGHANISTAN:
· All males aged 15 and above and all females aged 18 and above must complete supplementary information forms. You and your dependents must complete these forms whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada. Please write your file number on every page of the form.
PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.
NOTE: You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file.
Sincerely,

Immigration Section

PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
kamlinder singh said:
Hi, we received a mail from Delhi immigration office, but my doubt is about proof of payment that I already paid it, bcz it mentioned in mail about landing fee. Is every one received same mail when file forwarded by CIC canada to India (or other country) Visa office.

Dear KAMLINDER SINGH
We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

IF YOU ARE A NATIONAL OF AFGHANISTAN:
· All males aged 15 and above and all females aged 18 and above must complete supplementary information forms. You and your dependents must complete these forms whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada. Please write your file number on every page of the form.
PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.
NOTE: You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file.
Sincerely,

Immigration Section

PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.
This is a generic form letter. Notice it says "If not already paid".

n143

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
CSQ : 21-03-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016 , AOR2 : 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront..
Med's Done....
04-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
hope soon...
LANDED..........
hope soon....
harisaira said:
HELLO PLEASE SO HELP ME .. MY SPOUSE Had HER INTERVIEW IN WHICH THE officer has asked to send the Use a representative form which was already in the updated pack which my spouse gave to VO at the time of interview which was signed by both of us. But the VO said that applicant sign form is not included so than they request that USE A representative form now my question is that can we email them the document by scanning or we have to mail them ??
They will only accept an original form with sign. In my opinion , you should send them by mail (express post). It will be little delay but it will avoid future delay and queries 100%.

navira

Mar 23, 2016
hi
I have european nationality and i have a child from my ex husband...i got married to a canadian citizen and applied for an open work permit and PR.
i recently recieved a call from cic that they are gonna issue me an open work permit..i want to know that after that what benefits i will get? can i recieve child benefits for my child and health card?...my child also have european nationality..its been 8 months i m living in canada.
waiting for reply
thank you

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
navira said:
hi
I have european nationality and i have a child from my ex husband...i got married to a canadian citizen and applied for an open work permit and PR.
i recently recieved a call from cic that they are gonna issue me an open work permit..i want to know that after that what benefits i will get? can i recieve child benefits for my child and health card?...my child also have european nationality..its been 8 months i m living in canada.
waiting for reply
thank you
That depends on your province. If you're in Ontario, you have to wait for AIP to receive medical. In BC, you can technically get it but might have to fight for it. In Alberta, you qualify. I'm not sure of the rules for the other provinces.

navira

Mar 23, 2016
Aquakitty said:
That depends on your province. If you're in Ontario, you have to wait for AIP to receive medical. In BC, you can technically get it but might have to fight for it. In Alberta, you qualify. I'm not sure of the rules for the other provinces.

thanx for helping

JO1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Got an email today requesting me to pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) which I had already paid upfront. Then I got an email saying it was an error and that I should ignore it as they've determined that the fee has been paid already.

Are these the signs of my application being at the last stages? Any senior member who can let me know approximately how much time would it take now to get the DM?

Thanks!

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Hello group,

I have a little enquiry.

I just got my PR and I was wondering how long I have to wait before I can sponsor my family under family class sponsorship.

Also, on average, how long does the application process take?

Thanks for any info I can get.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xls said:
Hello group,

I have a little enquiry.

I just got my PR and I was wondering how long I have to wait before I can sponsor my family under family class sponsorship.

Also, on average, how long does the application process take?

Thanks for any info I can get.
What do you mean by `family'?

Who are you looking to sponsor?

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Ponga said:
What do you mean by `family'?

Who are you looking to sponsor?
spouses and a 2 yrs old dependant child.

I applied sole via EE to boost CRS.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xls said:
spouses and a 2 yrs old dependant child.

I applied sole via EE to boost CRS.
Were they declared on your PR application as being `non-accompanying'?
(Please say yes!)

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Ponga said:
We're they declared on your PR application as being `non-accompanying'?
(Please say yes!)
yes, did medicals for both of them and PCC for my spouse. Also submitted other documentations (child's birth cert, marriage cert, combined bank statement etc)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xls said:
yes, did medicals for both of them and PCC for my spouse. Also submitted other documentations (child's birth cert, marriage cert, combined bank statement etc)
*whew* That's good! There have been more than a few people who did NOT do that, only to learn that they've made a tragic error.

You can sponsor them now! The processing times vary, but 17 months is what CIC has posted now. Many people, depending on their country of origin, find faster processing times (some as fast as ~4 months).

What country is your spouse from?

Good luck!

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Ponga said:
*whew* That's good! There have been more than a few people who did NOT do that, only to learn that they've made a tragic error.

You can sponsor them now! The processing times vary, but 17 months is what CIC has posted now. Many people, depending on their country of origin, find faster processing times (some as fast as ~4 months).

What country is your spouse from?

Good luck!
Now! meaning I don't have to work for 12 months in Canada before I can sponsor them? Wow! I have really been worried. 12 months before applying and then 17 months process time. My child would have forgotten me. lol.

But they can as well apply for visiting visa I think, or it might not be approved?

Nigeria. visa office is Accra Ghana.