Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
will_loon said:
Hi there, my spousal sponsorship application was received by case processing center on 13 January 2016. normally need to take how long to get the acknowledgement from the CIC?
It varies, from about a month to several months.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
My spouse got the In land PR on Last tuesday, it took me 1.5 year for complete processing. I am Sep 2014 applicant.
My question is they put the condition of 2 year in conjugal relationship with spouse.
We already have two kids after we place the application to CIC. We inform them with birth certificate during case processing about our kids.

Is this the conditional PR or CIC is not aware about our Kids so i will inform them again to remove this condition. any suggestion in this regard greatly appreciated.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
amjad3126 said:
My spouse got the In land PR on Last tuesday, it took me 1.5 year for complete processing. I am Sep 2014 applicant.
My question is they put the condition of 2 year in conjugal relationship with spouse.
We already have two kids after we place the application to CIC. We inform them with birth certificate during case processing about our kids.

Is this the conditional PR or CIC is not aware about our Kids so i will inform them again to remove this condition. any suggestion in this regard greatly appreciated.
If your children were born after the application was submitted, then the condition applies (unless you had been married for 2 years already).

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
So its less than two years so this means condition apply to us.

Is it also necessary to spend this time together in Canada or i will travel with my family to my parent country if i have better job offer.

Thanks

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
amjad3126 said:
So its less than two years so this means condition apply to us.

Is it also necessary to spend this time together in Canada or i will travel with my family to my parent country if i have better job offer.

Thanks
I don't believe it matters where you live, so long as you do it together.

harirk

Sep 11, 2015
Hi

I got visitor visa extention from CIC last month that is valid until nov 30th 2016
Then last week my OWP has been refused because I dont have temporary resident status

Is this a mistake. I lodge 3 aplications at the same time. Family Class, OWP applictn and visitor visa extention
Incidently they renewed my visitor visa for another one year before they made a decision on OWp application and by the time i sent my applications my visitor visa was valid . Is this a mix up on the part of CIC or there is somethong I need to know.

What remedy do uou suggest

Thanks in advance

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harirk said:
Hi

I got visitor visa extention from CIC last month that is valid until nov 30th 2016
Then last week my OWP has been refused because I dont have temporary resident status

Is this a mistake. I lodge 3 aplications at the same time. Family Class, OWP applictn and visitor visa extention
Incidently they renewed my visitor visa for another one year before they made a decision on OWp application and by the time i sent my applications my visitor visa was valid . Is this a mix up on the part of CIC or there is somethong I need to know.

What remedy do uou suggest

Thanks in advance
If you still had your legal status when CIC received your Inland application and OWP, and neither were returned because an error on your part, you DO qualify for the OWP.

I suggest you call CIC and alert them to their mistake.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
My spouse got PR last Tuesday. As i am Canadian citizen sponsoring her.
My question is if i stay out of Canada with my spouse in my parent country. The time spend by her counted toward her residency requirement or not.

I ready some where if you stay with Canadian Citizen, it will be counted. please shed light on it. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
amjad3126 said:
My spouse got PR last Tuesday. As i am Canadian citizen sponsoring her.
My question is if i stay out of Canada with my spouse in my parent country. The time spend by her counted toward her residency requirement or not.

I ready some where if you stay with Canadian Citizen, it will be counted. please shed light on it. Thanks
Yes - if you are outside of Canada with your spouse that time will count towards the PR residency requirement. It won't, however, count towards citizenship.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
scylla said:
Yes - if you are outside of Canada with your spouse that time will count towards the PR residency requirement. It won't, however, count towards citizenship.
Thanks this mean residency requirement toward citizenship need physical presence in Canada. it only work for PR card extension if i stay outside. I hope i inter-prate it correctly.

harirk

Sep 11, 2015
Ponga said:
If you still had your legal status when CIC received your Inland application and OWP, and neither were returned because an error on your part, you DO qualify for the OWP.

I suggest you call CIC and alert them to their mistake.
Yes I still had my legal status but OWP application was returned because of the 100$ additional mistake that I read a lot of applicants make in this forum. I hv reapplied on Oct 19 2015 and my visitor visa extension was granted on Nov 30th 2015 and the work permit was refused on 15th January 2016. So do I still have a case

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harirk said:
Yes I still had my legal status but OWP application was returned because of the 100$ additional mistake that I read a lot of applicants make in this forum. I hv reapplied on Oct 19 2015 and my visitor visa extension was granted on Nov 30th 2015 and the work permit was refused on 15th January 2016. So do I still have a case
Since your original OWP was returned, it sounds like CIC is saying that you no longer had implied status when you re-applied on Oct 19th.

There's no harm in trying.

kleahey

Jan 21, 2016
Re: Spousal sponsorship. Pickup of resident card/interview

So I hope you can help. We applied inbound in Sept 2014 and living here in Halifax, N.S. Finally got the letter from our local office that the application has been completed and that I (since I'm the sponsor) am to accompany my wife to the office on February 11th where the application will be finalized. Everything sounds great right? Well I check my wife's tourist visa expiry, and I kid you not, it will end FEBRUARY 5th!!!! She had flown out last August as her mother died and she was let back in even though at that time her tourist visa had expired. My fault at that time as I thought it was ok if the permanent residence application was in process that it wasn't necessary to extend the tourist visa yet again. Anyway my question now is do I really have to extend the tourist visa (lots of paperwork for that, or take.a trip over to Maine and come back in to get the stamp) for those SIX DAYS that it will be expired when we go to the interview to get the final decision? Part of me thinks 6 days is no big deal, yet I don't want to arrive at the final phase like this and them say "Oh her tourist visa has expired so we're denying her permanent residency". Which would really suck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

harirk

Sep 11, 2015
Ponga said:
Since your original OWP was returned, it sounds like CIC is saying that you no longer had implied status when you re-applied on Oct 19th.

There's no harm in trying.
Based on da statement below and a line appearing in my visitor record document stating "Your Temporary Resident Status is Maintained [R183(5)]"

“A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.”

I understood da statement above to Mean my Status was Valid on October 19 2015.

IF possible please assist me if u know CIC email I can send my response to, customer care guys @1800 number will just dismiss queries and are not reliable

Advices are Appreciated

MB1986

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
File Transfer...
23-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Hi guys
I am planning to apply for spouse sponsorship soon
Any suggestions , tips from seniors are welcome.
Please help

Thanks
Manpreet