28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rebecca1987 said:
Thanks Scylla!! I really appreciate the way people in this group help you out.

Yeah even i am apprehensive that it can go either way.. bt do u think if TRV gets rejected, it would affect my sponsorship??
No - it won't affect it. Go ahead and apply.

lemonmeringue

Nov 19, 2015
hi

I'm From Hong Kong (canadian citizen) sponsoring my husband (Hong kong)
I'm about to mail my Documents to CIC, but because I'm applying for OUTland, There are 2 document checklist.
1. Family Class sponsorship (Hong Kong)
2. Document checklist -Sponsor

Both requires similar forms such as E.g IMM 0008
Should I make another copied of these forms? or Just put them all together?

Also, do you need to include chinese address labels for Hong Kong applications??

Thank you!

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
When we applied, we were not able to submit all of the required documents (PCC) and provided an explanation for this. We then tried obtaining the documents again after seeing some posts in this forum on how some were able to obtain them, and applied to obtain them anticipating that they would still be requested. Either way, we would either have the document for submission if requested or additional proof that we could not obtain it.

We then received PPR - with no additional DR other than passport / 2 photos.

Two days ago, we found out the documents we had requested were ready for pick up.

The question is, do we submit them to CIC even though we have DM / PPR? or do we let them know we were able to obtain them finally?

Not sure what to do and don't want to complicate things further.

C.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
chilkootcee said:
When we applied, we were not able to submit all of the required documents (PCC) and provided an explanation for this. We then tried obtaining the documents again after seeing some posts in this forum on how some were able to obtain them, and applied to obtain them anticipating that they would still be requested. Either way, we would either have the document for submission if requested or additional proof that we could not obtain it.

We then received PPR - with no additional DR other than passport / 2 photos.

Two days ago, we found out the documents we had requested were ready for pick up.

The question is, do we submit them to CIC even though we have DM / PPR? or do we let them know we were able to obtain them finally?

Not sure what to do and don't want to complicate things further.

C.
Documents are usually requested to help cic come to a conclusion on your case ,and If CIC has been able to finalize and make a decision on your file without those documents, then at this point there is no need for further documents. If u send in any documents now, it will be irrelevant - coz decision has already been made.

Its good that u have the docs now, but i will advice u to just keep it. Don't complicate things for urself

LastOnesLeft

Nov 12, 2015
Hello Everyone, NewBie, i just downloaded the form and have been filling it up, my husband is with me in canada as a student but would be applying Outland,i am currently a student, i would like to get some advice and tips on what to do so i don't make some certain mistakes. thanks a lot

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LastOnesLeft said:
Hello Everyone, NewBie, i just downloaded the form and have been filling it up, my husband is with me in canada as a student but would be applying Outland,i am currently a student, i would like to get some advice and tips on what to do so i don't make some certain mistakes. thanks a lot
I think the best advice we can give you is to read through the forms and the instruction guide several times in detail.

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hello guys,

I am new permanent resident who got married after landing. How can I call the wife taking into consideration that I am still outside Canada?
Please advise for the best way.

Thanks.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
mr.gk said:
Hello guys,

I am new permanent resident who got married after landing. How can I call the wife taking into consideration that I am still outside Canada?
Please advise for the best way.

Thanks.
As a PR outside Canada, you cannot. You must be in Canada to sponsor her.

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
I am Australian and applying for OUTSIDE sponsership while I have a working visa in Canada. If they require an interview, do they need to interview both my spouse and myself?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
honeymelon said:
I am Australian and applying for OUTSIDE sponsership while I have a working visa in Canada. If they require an interview, do they need to interview both my spouse and myself?
Just you - but it probably won't be required.

safkhan

Oct 10, 2014
Decision Made - Spousal sponsorship.. next step ??

Hi,

My wife is the applicant and in Pakistan and i am the sponsor. Our case is being processed in London. Sharing my timeline from Ecas online inquiry.

1 - We received your application for permanent residence on February, 2014.
2 - We started processing your application on March, 2014.
3 - Medical results have been received.
4 - We sent you medical instructions on January, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
5 - We sent you correspondence on October 30, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6 - Decision Made (January 06 2016)

After the 4th instructions, we got pregnant and we had to notify CIC about the pregnancy. Our son was born in Pakistan in April 2015 and we added him to the application by sending all the related documentation. we received a letter about requiring more documentation and new medical for both my wife and for my son in October 2015 that was the time when that number 5 in the timeline was updated. we sent all the requested documents in December and within a week number 6 - Decision Made was updated. mind you decision made is only showing on the main page of online status and by click on it we are getting the first 5 instructions of the timeline.
my question is that on the basis of my time line does any one has any idea how far our application has reached and how long would it take for us to get the next instructions/letter from London Visa office.
i would really appreciate an answer on this.
Safkhan

aliceee94

Jan 20, 2016
Hey everyone,

I currently live in Indonesia and after I graduate college (around 1.5 years from now) I want to marry my boyfriend and move to his house in Canada.

I want to marry there, but I need to own a visa to go to Canada.

But to get a visa, I need a reason to go there. Is "I want to marry my boyfriend, and stay in his house in Canada" a valid reason when applying for a visa?

Also, when should I start with the process?

Trust Him

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Hi There.

Had a few questions.

I got married in 2014 and it didn't quite work out. But i understood that before i could sponsor my spouse. Now we are legally divorced and i didn't put up a sponsorship.

Question here is would this affect the processing times if i plan to get married again and sponsor my spouse.

Any feedback would be helpful!!!

Thank you!!!

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.