+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Cloopz

Jan 22, 2016
MB1986 said:
Hi guys
I am planning to apply for spouse sponsorship soon
Any suggestions , tips from seniors are welcome.
Please help

Thanks
Manpreet
Make sure you have the correct and updated forms. One outdated form = refused application.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ei8hteen said:
What are the different ways to bring in spouse after applying for sponsorship?

Please advise!

thanks,
You need to provide more information. What country is your spouse from?

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
MB1986 said:
Hi guys
I am planning to apply for spouse sponsorship soon
Any suggestions , tips from seniors are welcome.
Please help

Thanks
Manpreet
Hi,

check the detailed guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Hrimar

Jan 22, 2016
Hi everyone,
I have just took my permanent resident visa and I’m still in my home country (I still don’t land in Canada and I don’t have my PR card, I have QSC). May I get marry to my fiancé and send all the papers to add her in my file in order to obtain a visa for her also and how long will it take.
Should I pass through the whole process of obtaining a certificate again because of my marriage or she will just take a certificate and visa on a basis of our marriage.
I know that the other way is to land in Canada, get my PR card , go back to my home country to marry her and sponsor my spouse ontland Canada. What is the possibility for her to get a visitor visa during the processing time for PR and will be a problem for my application to go back to my home country for a short time , because I don`t want to be separate so much time.
My fiancé had applaied for visitor visa, but the application was refused, will it be a problem for other applications?

Thank you in advance!

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hello all!!! I have a question regarding my immigration process. I did Masters degree in Quebec and got open work permit valid for 3 years. Now I'm left with 7 months of validity in work permit. My husband is already a Permanent resident. I applied for my PR under spousal sponsorship category from within canada. I applied for PR in august 2015 from Alberta province. Because of recession in Alberta, we are temporarily out of Alberta, my husband works in Toronto, I got a job recently in Montreal. But we want to move back to Alberta after few years or months. I might find a job soon in Toronto and stay with my husband or he might find a job in Montreal soon and stay with me and we are planning for this.

Since my work permit is expiring in 7 months, I need to get another one but I'm not sure which one it is. Is it bridging open work permit extension or open work permit under spouse in Canada class?

harirk

Sep 11, 2015
harirk said:
Based on da statement below and a line appearing in my visitor record document stating "Your Temporary Resident Status is Maintained [R183(5)]"

“A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.”

I understood da statement above to Mean my Status was Valid on October 19 2015.

IF possible please assist me if u know CIC email I can send my response to, customer care guys @1800 number will just dismiss queries and are not reliable

Advices are Appreciated

I phoned Cic they accepted it was mistake and have how mailed my work pernit . THANKS

RabiHamza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
AOR Received.
ECAS status changed to "in process" on Sep 30,2015
Med's Request
10-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
DM on Dec 7, PPR on Feb 24
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2016
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah in first week of May
Hi...can anyone please help me out. Actually, on December 7th, 2015, the online status of my PR application appeared to be "decision made" and i was told that they will ask for my passport within one month. Now it's been 7 weeks and there is no response from them. Can anyone help me by telling me that how much time will they take more to ask for my passport?

Thanks!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
RabiHamza said:
Hi...can anyone please help me out. Actually, on December 7th, 2015, the online status of my PR application appeared to be "decision made" and i was told that they will ask for my passport within one month. Now it's been 7 weeks and there is no response from them. Can anyone help me by telling me that how much time will they take more to ask for my passport?

Thanks!
What's your VO? It might help to ask on the thread for your particular VO, you can compare times. Otherwise, send a polite case-specific enquiry asking when they will send the PPR.

RabiHamza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
AOR Received.
ECAS status changed to "in process" on Sep 30,2015
Med's Request
10-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
DM on Dec 7, PPR on Feb 24
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2016
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah in first week of May
Aquakitty said:
What's your VO? It might help to ask on the thread for your particular VO, you can compare times. Otherwise, send a polite case-specific enquiry asking when they will send the PPR.
I'm from Pakistan and my husband applied through Missisuaga...and i got emails from London meaning my case is being proccessed in London immigration office

kleahey

Jan 21, 2016
Applied Sept 2014 and just got letter saying February 11th is when we have the interview and final decision made. Wife went home for two weeks last August cause her mother died and so got another six months for her visitors visa. As luck would have it though her visa expires FEBRUARY 5th which if we go to the final interview on Feb 11th means she would be over by six days. Tried applying online for an extension but when answering the questionnaire it says I should apply for a family spousal visa which I already done. I feel such a pain to drive up to Maine and come back in just to get a stamp. Is this what I need to do? Would we really be refused the pr card at this point if we were over by six days? . Thanks for any help offered.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
kleahey said:
Applied Sept 2014 and just got letter saying February 11th is when we have the interview and final decision made. Wife went home for two weeks last August cause her mother died and so got another six months for her visitors visa. As luck would have it though her visa expires FEBRUARY 5th which if we go to the final interview on Feb 11th means she would be over by six days. Tried applying online for an extension but when answering the questionnaire it says I should apply for a family spousal visa which I already done. I feel such a pain to drive up to Maine and come back in just to get a stamp. Is this what I need to do? Would we really be refused the pr card at this point if we were over by six days? . Thanks for any help offered.
She's American? There is no visa involved then. Just to be safe, apply to "change conditions and extend her stay" as a visitor online, and pay the $100. Then when she finishes her landing interview, cancel the application and you should be able to get your money back.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

To cancel:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=741&t=23

I assume she's never applied for the work permit for inland applications? And they won't deny her the PR just for going over her status a few days, but why rock the boat.

kleahey

Jan 21, 2016
She's south Korean so yes she gets six months but that is up as I said six days before the interview. Yeah probably right to not rock the boat.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
kleahey said:
She's south Korean so yes she gets six months but that is up as I said six days before the interview. Yeah probably right to not rock the boat.
You must have applied inland with the longer processing time and interview for landing, so she never got a work permit?

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hello all :)
I applied for PR under spouse category from within canada on 25th Aug 2015. Got my application received on 13th Jan 2016. I have a graduate open work permit valid till 20th Aug 2016. Could you please tell me
1. when is the right time to apply for open work permit under spousal category?
2. Where can I find the application for open work permit under spousal category?
3. My husband is a PR and we applied for my PR from ALberta. Now we moved to ONtario. FIrst stage of my PR is not yet over. Is it okay to let the CIC know of my address change from ALberta to Ontario?