24-12-2015
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-20016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
Seniors Please help

I have applied for spouse sponsorship application 10 days ago and just noticed that I forgot to write name and DOB on the back of 6 passport sized photographs for me and my wife... what should I do now?

kleahey

Jan 21, 2016
Aquakitty said:
You must have applied inland with the longer processing time and interview for landing, so she never got a work permit?
Yeah we applied inland and no I didn't apply for a work permit. Question. When we do get PR card does she still need a work permit or is it not necessary when she has PR card?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
kleahey said:
Yeah we applied inland and no I didn't apply for a work permit. Question. When we do get PR card does she still need a work permit or is it not necessary when she has PR card?
PR card is not necessary. She can get her SIN as soon as she lands (using the COPR).

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Sorry!

Here is my case.

I am inland working in Toronto who have applied for PR and expecting it anytime soon. I am planning to go to India in April to get married (hoping I get my CoPR at least) and would like to apply for spousal sponsorship asap. I was wondering if there is any way to bring her together with me or soon after I come. I read that the processing time for NDVO is close to two years.

Please help!

thanks,

Aquakitty said:
You need to provide more information. What country is your spouse from?

lizololo

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Hello,
What will be sufficient evidence for an inland application?
Should we add any additional photos and other stuff besides what they require already?
Thanks!!!

Akohsi

Feb 11, 2015
Tax!!

Hi! Is there anyone here has an idea about taxes? I dont know if i should file individual tax if im a dependent of my husband (common law)since i arrived in canada i am not giving a chance to work but i have SIN number and my permit already expired dec 17. TIA

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hello all,

It's amazing how one thinks they understand how things work and then questions come up....I'm sure I'm not the only one :) Here are a few questions...hopefully someone with more experience can answer them...

1. Are both COPR and VISA issued to those requiring visa to enter Canada? For some reason I thought it was one or the other.

2. If one plans to land in Canada, but then leave to prepare for a permanent move, can you still apply for the PR card when you land initially? (i.e. and then have someone send it to us so we can have it when we return)

3. Does the envelope containing the PR card say that it cannot be forwarded (i.e. in Alberta, drivers licenses cannot be forwarded to another address even if the forwarding is done by Canada Post)

4. Does anyone have any experience in carrying precious metals (not jewelry) into Canada? I had the experience once of bringing in a bar of silver (it was more of a souvenir) - is this part of what needs to be declared as currency being brought into the country? I know that purchase receipts are required.

I really appreciate your responses....take care,

C.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Hello can someone please help me. I am a Canadian citizen who has recently gotten married to an Indian citizen. Currently we are in India. I want to bring my husband to Canada along with me. First I thought we could apply to sponsor him through family class. Then I thought about applying first for a visit visa which then we can apply for pr when he is in the country. I am very confused what is the best and shortest way to go about making this decision. If we do the visiting visa option I know I need to write him a letter of invitation. When I write that do I need to be in the country? Or can I write that I am inviting him to the country and am currently with him in India? Would that be a reason for rejection? Does anyone know how long a visa can be extended and how many times I can be extended? Please help!!

XXeeshan

Jan 26, 2016
Please answer..

I am living in Pakistan. My brother-in-law had married with canadaian girl in 2010. After two years he arrived canada in 2012 but unfortunately divored with the girl in December 2013. He lived in Canada from July 2012 to December 2015 and has PRC.

My question can a sponsor person sponsor to another spouse after divorce? How long he has ban for sponsorship ? It is urgent

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
XXeeshan said:
Please answer..

I am living in Pakistan. My brother-in-law had married with canadaian girl in 2010. After two years he arrived canada in 2012 but unfortunately divored with the girl in December 2013. He lived in Canada from July 2012 to December 2015 and has PRC.

My question can a sponsor person sponsor to another spouse after divorce? How long he has ban for sponsorship ? It is urgent
He falls under the five year sponsorship ban. He will be able to sponsor a new spouse five years after he landed (so sometime in 2017).

mirjana.Ilija

Aug 5, 2015
Does anyone know if we sponsors HAVE to be working the whole time since we need to be able to provide for our spouses upon arrival..
Im asking because I have taken a personal leave to come to be with mine and i was told it wont be longer so i expected to return togwther but now may take longer than my leave is for.
I have a letter from my employer stating im an excellent employee and she will rehire me back if im not back after the leave expires
I need to wait here im not leaving my husband again getting on a plane without him for a 3rd time just isnt happening.

Jan 27, 2016
Hi all,

Here's my situation.

1) Sent my spousal sponsorship application in Oct 2009.
2) My wife from Vietnam got interviewed in 2010
3) CIC Singapore Visa Office processing the application ask for additional documentations
4) Jan 2012 my wife got interviewed
5) My wife got denied
6) Went to ADR hearing in 2016 just now was successful

I talk to my lawyer and he said it's been approved and I need to wait for a letter to confirm the findings of the ADR hearing. I am very happy for that but I'm not sure what happens here and confused.

My lawyer explained to me that the ADR hearing was successful and I believe the application is being approved and sent to the Singapore Visa office to process. My wife would need to do a medical and update information for PR but the lawyer mention if I want him to represent me further and pay more fees just in case the application goes wrong if me or my wife does not receive a letter. He basically said the portion I paid for him was for the ADR appeal and for the full IAD hearing if the ADR appeal fails but for anything further he would not cover.

I just want a second opinion on the matter and I'm confused because I don't know what else I need from him if the ADR hearing was successful. He said after they sent the application and leaves Canada he wouldn't be representing me anymore and anything that happens after the Singapore Office received the application it is out of his hands and if I want him to be in the middle then it would cost my additional.

Any advise what happens next after the ADR hearing is successful? Do I need further consultation? I'm happy and excited the ADR appeal was successful but not sure if he is asking for something unnecessary.

Jan 27, 2016
Can anyone comment on doing the process as common law partners vs. spouses? My partner and I, who have lived together for two years, would prefer to wait to get married, but we'll do anything to make this process easier. Does it make a significant difference in any way?

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
reginaphalange said:
Can anyone comment on doing the process as common law partners vs. spouses? My partner and I, who have lived together for two years, would prefer to wait to get married, but we'll do anything to make this process easier. Does it make a significant difference in any way?
if your have been living together for many years and u have enough proof, then just go ahead and apply as common law. getting married doesn't make it any easier or quicker.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
chilkootcee said:
Hello all,

It's amazing how one thinks they understand how things work and then questions come up....I'm sure I'm not the only one :) Here are a few questions...hopefully someone with more experience can answer them...

1. Are both COPR and VISA issued to those requiring visa to enter Canada? For some reason I thought it was one or the other.

2. If one plans to land in Canada, but then leave to prepare for a permanent move, can you still apply for the PR card when you land initially? (i.e. and then have someone send it to us so we can have it when we return)

3. Does the envelope containing the PR card say that it cannot be forwarded (i.e. in Alberta, drivers licenses cannot be forwarded to another address even if the forwarding is done by Canada Post)

4. Does anyone have any experience in carrying precious metals (not jewelry) into Canada? I had the experience once of bringing in a bar of silver (it was more of a souvenir) - is this part of what needs to be declared as currency being brought into the country? I know that purchase receipts are required.

I really appreciate your responses....take care,

C.
1. Yes, both are issued. The COPR is needed for future dealings with CIC, so everyone gets it.
2. Yes, that's possible. Just give a Canadian address.