+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Senior pls respond as i am re posting this message

How can my sponsor order notes of her previous immigration application which was rejected 7 to 9 years back?
Is it GCMS notes or FOSS notes?
can anybody please share link. Thanks

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone? I have a question, on the Checklist do I respond to any of the questions listed in 19? meeting the necessary minimum income? I am sponsoring my wife and I was told that there is no minimum income required. Do I leave skip question 19? or should I include pay stubs?
I am currently unemployed and searching for work at the moment and can't answer question 18.

GGR

Nov 9, 2015
Ponga said:
The medical can be done anywhere in the world, as long as he uses a CIC approved Panel Physician (list is available on their website).

If submitting an Outland application, it's best to have the (up front) exam before sending in the application.
hi

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
PatrickD said:
Anyone? I have a question, on the Checklist do I respond to any of the questions listed in 19? meeting the necessary minimum income? I am sponsoring my wife and I was told that there is no minimum income required. Do I leave skip question 19? or should I include pay stubs?
I am currently unemployed and searching for work at the moment and can't answer question 18.
no us can not skip but write what so ever u have ur income to strengthing ur sponsorship eligibility

nsr786

Nov 3, 2015
anyone on the forum who did this i.e. married after COPR?

nsr786 said:
Hi All,

Can a COPR holder add spouse to application before landing? If its possible then whats the procedure for it ?

Awaiting response from anyone who go through this ?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
nsr786 said:
anyone on the forum who did this i.e. married after COPR?
Your question has been answered. You MUST notify CIC. Failure to notify them will result in your spouse being forever excluded from the family class. It will also be misrepresentation which could result in your PR status being revoked.
No one in this section will have experience with it, because it's for PRs and citizens sponsoring their spouses, so they are already married. You would be better off posting in the section related to your immigration stream.

Ilija

Mar 20, 2014
Does anyone have any information on how arc applications get proccessed, priority vise or first come first serve type of thing?
And if anyone knows somebody who got their arc approved in Vienna and how long it took.
Thank you

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have a problem I sent my job offer letter and a letter from my daughter stating that we will be residing with her till we get on our feet i received this from my lawyer today I am stuck WHAT IS IT THEY WANT ME TO SEND AS PROOF ? proof of intent for return to Canada is lacking. Kindly note the declaration from your daughter does not appear to be sufficient it is recommended that you provide more evidence (see list of examples in the final instructions) ???

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LibyaLove2012 said:
Have a problem I sent my job offer letter and a letter from my daughter stating that we will be residing with her till we get on our feet i received this from my lawyer today I am stuck WHAT IS IT THEY WANT ME TO SEND AS PROOF ? proof of intent for return to Canada is lacking. Kindly note the declaration from your daughter does not appear to be sufficient it is recommended that you provide more evidence (see list of examples in the final instructions) ???
You're paying a lawyer, therefore you hired them to work for you to provide that information to you, maybe you should fire them, I would. I'm doing the sponsorship application without one, the last one cheated me out of my money and never responded to my emails, then she left the country.

I am considering working out of the country to stay with my wife while all this stuff is complete. They told me the same thing, send them a job offer / contract that I got the job out of the country, and some proof of intent that I'm returning to Canada. I was considering buying a gold fish and have someone feed it for me while I was gone, seems like a good intent to return... other than that I am still paying my student loan to the government every month. I was born in Canada and I'm applying for my spouse to come live with me, don't see why anyone would waste time, money and so much effort if they had no intent of returning to Canada... unless the dollar was down another quarter... :-\

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PatrickD said:
I was considering buying a gold fish and have someone feed it for me while I was gone, seems like a good intent to return.
That's hilarious!

+ 1 for the giggle.

krei_zie

May 28, 2015
Hi folks, my wife is sponsoring me, I logged on under her information and Cic says:
We received your application to sponsor "MY NAME" on March 4, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 16, 2015.

How long until I get through next step? I can't wait for the DM :(

Thank you for replying me, Have a great one.

fawadnew

May 28, 2015
hi,
I got married after I got immigration visa. before getting married , i asked visa officer through letter that i am getting married in few days how can i add my spouse and secure visa for her. visa officer replied that your file is closed now so you first land in canda & sponsor your spouse. i did accordingly. but they refused my application under regulation 117(9)(d). please anyone guide me further.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fawadnew said:
hi,
I got married after I got immigration visa. before getting married , i asked visa officer through letter that i am getting married in few days how can i add my spouse and secure visa for her. visa officer replied that your file is closed now so you first land in canda & sponsor your spouse. i did accordingly. but they refused my application under regulation 117(9)(d). please anyone guide me further.
If what you're saying is that you were married after receiving your CoPR, but before you actually landed...then the refusal is correct; you can never sponsor your wife now.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
krei_zie said:
Hi folks, my wife is sponsoring me, I logged on under her information and Cic says:
We received your application to sponsor "MY NAME" on March 4, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 16, 2015.

How long until I get through next step? I can't wait for the DM :(

Thank you for replying me, Have a great one.
If you applied Outland there is a thread for each month, so you would find lots of info under the March 2015 Outland Thread. And they have a spreadsheet that everyone completes each step of the way so you can see how long it takes.

fawadnew

May 28, 2015
Ponga said:
If what you're saying is that you were married after receiving your CoPR, but before you actually landed...then the refusal is correct; you can never sponsor your wife now.
But Sir , I informed Visa officer of CIC few days before getting married . But he categorically asked me that your file is now closed, your spouse cannot be added in your closed file. He further advised to land in Canada & then apply on family sponsor.

please guide.