+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susanrichards said:
I am wondering if someone can offer some advise related to my outland spouse application. I am almost ready to send it off and I am very confused about 1 form. The IMM 5406 Additional Family Information Form which is included in my husband's portion of the application. I am confused as to what needs to be filled out here. I understand that he is the applicant and I am the spouse however do I need to fill in all the other sections (mother, brother, father, child and step child) for him even though none of those people are accompanying him?

As well, do I need to fill out one of these forms as well for my family? I kind of hints at the fact that I may have to. I'm so confused. Can someone please clarify or provide some guidance.
He needs to list all living immediate family members, including step-siblings, even if they have no interest in ever immigrating to Canada.

You do not need to complete one of these forms, because this is only a requirement for the PR applicant, not the sponsor.

hope1987

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 17, 2014
AOR Received.
March 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all the advice so far. I was just wanting to confirm with all of you, if I can declare my engagement while filing for my spouse's PR. I landed on June 1st, 2015 and got engaged prior to that in January 2015, would be safe to declare my engagement as when I landed I signed and declared that I am not married. Does this mean I cannot be engaged or cannot declare my engagement?

Also, if someone has a similar case like mine and also if its an arrange marriage what all documents did you submit to prove your relationship is genuine? Could you kindly share the list of documents with me?

Lastly, what's the current processing time for Outland sponsorship New Delhi?

Your advice will be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
hope1987 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all the advice so far. I was just wanting to confirm with all of you, if I can declare my engagement while filing for my spouse's PR. I landed on June 1st, 2015 and got engaged prior to that in January 2015, would be safe to declare my engagement as when I landed I signed and declared that I am not married. Does this mean I cannot be engaged or cannot declare my engagement?

Also, if someone has a similar case like mine and also if its an arrange marriage what all documents did you submit to prove your relationship is genuine? Could you kindly share the list of documents with me?

Lastly, what's the current processing time for Outland sponsorship New Delhi

Your advice will be very much appreciated!

You don't need to declare your engagement. New Delhi is going through London at this time and you can see the average time it takes when you go to the London outland thread. Find Andrew-Brit and go to his signature. There you will find every thing you need. For arranged marriages go to the New Dehli thread ... they will be able to give you sound information.

Thank you in advance for your help

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Hey Gang,

I applied for inland sponsorship In Oct 2011. Got AIP in Sep 2012. File was transferred for second stage to montreal in Oct 2012. It has been with montreal for over three years now. According to my case notes the agent stated that there were no issues and that it was ok to process. she made this note in feb 2015.then in june 2015 the file was miraculously transferred to the montreal backlog reduction office due to "work overload".WOW!. too muc work take the file that has been waiting for 4 years and throw it into backlog. It is backlog office for 5 months now.

I sent cic montreal a letter to ask about the process 3 weeks ago, No reply yet. My question is should I wait longer for a reply or is it time to instigate mandamus?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Zion786 said:
Hey Gang,

I applied for inland sponsorship In Oct 2011. Got AIP in Sep 2012. File was transferred for second stage to montreal in Oct 2012. It has been with montreal for over three years now. According to my case notes the agent stated that there were no issues and that it was ok to process. she made this note in feb 2015.then in june 2015 the file was miraculously transferred to the montreal backlog reduction office due to "work overload".WOW!. too muc work take the file that has been waiting for 4 years and throw it into backlog. It is backlog office for 5 months now.

I sent cic montreal a letter to ask about the process 3 weeks ago, No reply yet. My question is should I wait longer for a reply or is it time to instigate mandamus?
hi
Kindly check ur GCMS if all is ok then wait for reply. After write a letter to the same office asking guidance to start mandamus .
Nekeol

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
I ordered notes recently, they say the file is " ok for processing, no issues ". then it says "transferred to backlog office due to work overload"!. Should I wait another week for montreal to respond?

kisaki

Sep 17, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2015
FOUR. YEARS??????????????? :eek: ask your MP to get involved in your file...

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
Hi everyone!

I have done some reading and just started to fill up the applications for Sponsorship. I will be applying Outland from Indonesia and I have a couple of questions. I hope some of you can help me to answer these questions.

1. I have to send all the forms from Part 1: Sponsorship Forms (only?) to Mississauga and wait for approval then proceed to Part 2: Immigration Forms? And I have to include these documents below with Part 1?
- Medical & Police reports.
- Anything as proof of our relationship.

2. I used to live in China when I was 18 for 1.5 years, then I moved and stay in Quebec for a year (under a Visitor visa for 6 months & extended for another 6 months inside Canada), and then back to my country of origin. I have to get police certificates from all these countries?

3. Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) have to be completed by my husband & I and all of our family members? Such as parents, sisters? or our kids? because we don't have any kids.

4.Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) - Do we still fill this up with Not Applicable because we are not going to have any representative.

Thank you for answering my questions!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
MsCyn said:
Hi everyone!

I have done some reading and just started to fill up the applications for Sponsorship. I will be applying Outland from Indonesia and I have a couple of questions. I hope some of you can help me to answer these questions.

1. I have to send all the forms from Part 1: Sponsorship Forms (only?) to Mississauga and wait for approval then proceed to Part 2: Immigration Forms? And I have to include these documents below with Part 1?
- Medical & Police reports.
- Anything as proof of our relationship.

2. I used to live in China when I was 18 for 1.5 years, then I moved and stay in Quebec for a year (under a Visitor visa for 6 months & extended for another 6 months inside Canada), and then back to my country of origin. I have to get police certificates from all these countries?

3. Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) have to be completed by my husband & I and all of our family members? Such as parents, sisters? or our kids? because we don't have any kids.

4.Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) - Do we still fill this up with Not Applicable because we are not going to have any representative.

Thank you for answering my questions!
1. All the forms are sent to Mississauga, including the medical, police certificates, and proof of relationship.
2. You will need a police certificate from China and your home country. You do not need to provide a police certificate from Canada unless asked.
3. As indicated in the guide, for the purpose of the application, a family member is a spouse or dependent child. The applicant completes the form. Your husband is your sponsor, and not your spouse in terms of filling out forms (so if it says that your family members need to fill it out, then he doesn't).
4. Mark N/A on the checklist.

Dec 24, 2014
19 years marriage with CANADIAN

Hello,
kindly ask for advice about my situation. I am Bulgarian , married for a Canadian since 1996.We lived in Bulgaria so far. I visited Canada 11 times since then.Our children also are Canadians.Recently came to Canada in July 2015 , applied for permanent residence through Family sponsorship on 23 September and for work permit on 24 September 2015. Documents were sent to Mississauga and Begreville by registered mail Canada Post. I checked, documents were received. Do you know how long shall I wait for the work permit and for PR ? And how long shall I wait for approval of my wife as a sponsor ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: 19 years marriage with CANADIAN

ALEXANDAR PAVLOV said:
Hello,
kindly ask for advice about my situation. I am Bulgarian , married for a Canadian since 1996.We lived in Bulgaria so far. I visited Canada 11 times since then.Our children also are Canadians.Recently came to Canada in July 2015 , applied for permanent residence through Family sponsorship on 23 September and for work permit on 24 September 2015. Documents were sent to Mississauga and Begreville by registered mail Canada Post. I checked, documents were received. Do you know how long shall I wait for the work permit and for PR ? And how long shall I wait for approval of my wife as a sponsor ?
It sounds like you applied for PR using the inland process. Can you confirm that? Assuming you applied inland - then you should have a work permit in around two months. However it's probably going to be more than 1.5 years before you have PR.

Dec 24, 2014
Hello,
Yes, I applied inland.Do you have an idea how they will contact me ? My wife is working in Toronto, we live in Waterloo. I stay with the children
Monday-Friday. I cannot do anything more than volunteering and studying English at home. I am a lawyer and former notary, now trying to pursue
my legal career here. Do you have idea how long takes approval of my wife as sponsor ? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ALEXANDAR PAVLOV said:
Hello,
Yes, I applied inland.Do you have an idea how they will contact me ? My wife is working in Toronto, we live in Waterloo. I stay with the children
Monday-Friday. I cannot do anything more than volunteering and studying English at home. I am a lawyer and former notary, now trying to pursue
my legal career here. Do you have idea how long takes approval of my wife as sponsor ? Thanks
There's no sponsor approval for inland application (it's not a separate phase). You'll receive first stage approval at around 16 months.

Dec 24, 2014
Thanks. I was told in Service Ontario that I will be eligible for health coverage when my wife is approved as sponsor or maybe when the first phase
is over .