canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Decent2015 said:
In my case we both were present in person at the same place and same time with our relatives, just the imam and his associates were on the phone.
This is something you might have clarified in your previous post. People can't advise you properly if you're not giving all of the information.

As you were both present at the wedding and the marriage is legally recognized, CIC will accept it.

rilero88

Nov 5, 2015
My husband is living and working in Australia where he is a Citizen. We were living in Australia together until April 2015, when I moved back to Canada and we began the lengthy process of applying for his PR (I am a Canadian Citizen). I was approved as his sponsor and our application is now in Sydney. They received our application on October 6th, 2015. I am wondering if anyone else has recently completed an outland application for an Australian citizen? I know the processing time says 11 months for Sydney, but I am wondering if there's a chance that it may be a shorter waiting period. The distance and time apart is killing us. We have no dependents, and my husband is a healthy, 36 year old Electrician. I am really just looking for someone who has been in a similar situation and can relate. Thank you.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
rilero88 said:
My husband is living and working in Australia where he is a Citizen. We were living in Australia together until April 2015, when I moved back to Canada and we began the lengthy process of applying for his PR (I am a Canadian Citizen). I was approved as his sponsor and our application is now in Sydney. They received our application on October 6th, 2015. I am wondering if anyone else has recently completed an outland application for an Australian citizen? I know the processing time says 11 months for Sydney, but I am wondering if there's a chance that it may be a shorter waiting period. The distance and time apart is killing us. We have no dependents, and my husband is a healthy, 36 year old Electrician. I am really just looking for someone who has been in a similar situation and can relate. Thank you.

Look for the thread October 2014 and you will get the answers you are looking for . I am a UK applicant and have been waiting since April 2014

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
rilero88 said:
Sydney is one of the fastest offices around, averaging 6-8 months, with many applicants going through in less than that. Provided you can afford it, there is no reason you have to be apart right now. Your husband can come to Canada as a visitor while waiting for PR.

sabir83

Sep 25, 2012
dear sir,
i got married on 21st jan 2013 and became PR on 25th jan 2013, but my application was single as i could not include my wifes details as i was getting married just before i travelled to canada to become a PR, now i wanted to apply her sponsorship under family sponsorship, in the due course of time i had a child too. so i wanted to sponsor both of them under family sponsorship...what are the options do i have now .. as my PR status is still single..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sabir83 said:
dear sir,
i got married on 21st jan 2013 and became PR on 25th jan 2013, but my application was single as i could not include my wifes details as i was getting married just before i travelled to canada to become a PR, now i wanted to apply her sponsorship under family sponsorship, in the due course of time i had a child too. so i wanted to sponsor both of them under family sponsorship...what are the options do i have now .. as my PR status is still single..
It's not a good answer. You can NEVER sponsor your wife since you failed to add her to your application before you landed. You were obligated by law to declare your marriage before you landed. You actually committed misrepresentation (lying to obtain immigration benefit) by landing on a visa issued to a single person when you were in fact married. This misrepresentation means that CIC could revoke your PR status if they wanted to.

Immigration law is extremely clear on this point. You can never sponsor your wife.

If she wants to immigrate to Canada she will have to qualify on her own through one of Canada's economic immigration classes (such as Express Entry). You cannot sponsor her.

tekiguy

Nov 2, 2015
Need help from anyone who has the same case as mine. Its been almost 3 years now and it seems the process is too slow. Please advise many thanks

MY TIME LINE
Under LCP Spousal Sponsorship

We received your application for permanent residence on February 14, 2013.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2013.
We started processing your application on March 1, 2013.
We sent you correspondence on May 15, 2014. Medical Procedure St. Luke Medical
We sent you a letter on May 15, 2014. ---- Additional Document (Saudi POLICE Clearance)
We sent you correspondence on July 24, 2015. ---- Re Medical
We sent you a letter on September 15, 2015. ---PPR

We havent heard from CIC since Sept.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tekiguy said:
Need help from anyone who has the same case as mine. Its been almost 3 years now and it seems the process is too slow. Please advise many thanks

MY TIME LINE
Under LCP Spousal Sponsorship

We received your application for permanent residence on February 14, 2013.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2013.
We started processing your application on March 1, 2013.
We sent you correspondence on May 15, 2014. Medical Procedure St. Luke Medical
We sent you a letter on May 15, 2014. ---- Additional Document (Saudi POLICE Clearance)
We sent you correspondence on July 24, 2015. ---- Re Medical
We sent you a letter on September 15, 2015. ---PPR

We havent heard from CIC since Sept.
Post your question to the Foreign Workers section of the forum. That's where LCP PR applications are discussed. Your processing times actually look perfectly normal. Processing for LCP applications is typically four years.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
It's not a good answer. You can NEVER sponsor your wife since you failed to add her to your application before you landed. You were obligated by law to declare your marriage before you landed. You actually committed misrepresentation (lying to obtain immigration benefit) by landing on a visa issued to a single person when you were in fact married. This misrepresentation means that CIC could revoke your PR status if they wanted to.

Immigration law is extremely clear on this point. You can never sponsor your wife.

If she wants to immigrate to Canada she will have to qualify on her own through one of Canada's economic immigration classes (such as Express Entry). You cannot sponsor her.
Is it just me, or are we seeing more of these tragic cases lately?

Ilija

Mar 20, 2014
Hello
I was wondering if you guys know anyone who got their arc application approved in Vienna visa office and how long it took them

Thank you

rilero88

Nov 5, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Sydney is one of the fastest offices around, averaging 6-8 months, with many applicants going through in less than that. Provided you can afford it, there is no reason you have to be apart right now. Your husband can come to Canada as a visitor while waiting for PR.
Thank you! I feel confident that it won't take as long as the website says, but we are prepared if it does. Unfortunately, my husband makes our main income and we cannot afford to live without him working at the moment. Immigration is only a temporary set back in our relationship. :)

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I am an Oct 2014 applicant as well SA Dec31,2014 Transferred to Havana Jan 6 2015. 10 months in Havana Cuba. Not a peep. 10 months is the time line on CIC website. I have emailed Havana and received a generic email saying they will notify me about an interview. I actually sent my application July 11,2014 and because of requests for new forms and the fadt that they were processing it as inland instead of outland it took them until Oct to get it straightened out and put it in Outland. Is there anything else I can do to speed up this process?

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Senior pls respond

How can my sponsor order notes of her previous immigration application which was rejected 7 to 9 years back?
Is it GCMS notes or FOSS notes?
can anybody please share link. Thanks

Akohsi

Feb 11, 2015
Hi hope someone can answer my question here, im a single parent and we will going to apply for spousal sponsorship my problem is i have 2 dependent child in the philippines , the fathers name was not in my childrens birth certificate and were not married or in a common law and i dont know where he is ....how am i supposed to get a letter from him if i dont know where he is is there other way? Since the application is non accompanying for dependents...TIA