+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

beturfewchair

Nov 7, 2015
Hello Hoping someone can help me.

I need to sponsor my US husband as an outland applicant. I was told that the times are 6- 9 months for a us applicant outland. However on the website it says 30 months for the New York office. I heard that he would be processed out of the Ottawa office but that says 17 months. Is that all correct? If so wouldnt it better to file inland where he would at least get a work permit.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
beturfewchair said:
Hello Hoping someone can help me.

I need to sponsor my US husband as an outland applicant. I was told that the times are 6- 9 months for a us applicant outland. However on the website it says 30 months for the New York office. I heard that he would be processed out of the Ottawa office but that says 17 months. Is that all correct? If so wouldnt it better to file inland where he would at least get a work permit.
NY does not process family class any more, your app would go to Ottawa. The times aren't averages, they actually mean 80% of applications are processed FASTER than that time. USA applications range from 3-9 months usually.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Akohsi said:
Hi hope someone can answer my question here, im a single parent and we will going to apply for spousal sponsorship my problem is i have 2 dependent child in the philippines , the fathers name was not in my childrens birth certificate and were not married or in a common law and i dont know where he is ....how am i supposed to get a letter from him if i dont know where he is is there other way? Since the application is non accompanying for dependents...TIA
See this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/child-custody-philippines-t183010.0.html;msg3648823#msg3648823

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi there

I ordered my gcms notes.
They sent me thru email nov.6
Assesment
Eligibility: in progress
Criminality: not started (1)
Security: not started (1)
Medical : passed

Anybody encounter such assesment please help.
Thanks
My ecas went "in progress" sept 5.
Wow! It takes ages...
Still hanging on there. Hoping for early white christmas....

nsr786

Nov 3, 2015
Hi All,

Can a COPR holder add spouse to application before landing? If its possible then whats the procedure for it ?

Awaiting response from anyone who go through this ?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Assesment
Eligibility: in progress still they are verifying documents submitted such as experience, education, birth certificates etc.
Criminality: not started (1) after eligibility
Security: not started (1) after eligibility
Medical : passed GOOD CONGRADUALTIONS

Anybody encounter such assesment please help.
Thanks
My ecas went "in progress" sept 5. FROM SEPETIMBER 5 THEY HAVE STARTED WORKING ON YOUR FILE.
Wow! It takes ages... DEPENDS UPON LUCK AND SOME OTHER FACTORS.

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
Does it matter if the birth certificates are scanned instead of photocopied? Anyone scan theres?

Nimtang1

Nov 8, 2015
Hi all,

Been reading through some of the posts here which indeed have been very useful.

In the process of gathering all documentation to be submitted to CiC. One thing I needed clarifying...had our civil ceremony and civil reception last month and my family that live in Canada and parents from the UK all attended. My wife's family did not and they live in Canada (her family consists of mother, aunt and grandma). This is because they feel we have rushed into this (known each other since 2008 and have been in a relationship just over a year). Her family are happy with our relationship and are willing to write letters to confirm they approve of me and our relationship.

Is this going to pose an issue?

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Nim

beturfewchair

Nov 7, 2015
Aquakitty said:
NY does not process family class any more, your app would go to Ottawa. The times aren't averages, they actually mean 80% of applications are processed FASTER than that time. USA applications range from 3-9 months usually.
Thanks so very much That explains a lot !!!!!

I have more question. Can my husband come to Canada to do his medical? or does he have to do it in the US. Also We have applied for his FBI police report but it will take 8-12 weeks can we send that latter when we get it?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
kiwi01 said:
Does it matter if the birth certificates are scanned instead of photocopied? Anyone scan theres?
Scanning is the same as photocopying. A photocopier scans the document before printing, whereas scanning digitizes it on your computer first then you print it. Makes no difference what you do.

I have more question. Can my husband come to Canada to do his medical? or does he have to do it in the US. Also We have applied for his FBI police report but it will take 8-12 weeks can we send that latter when we get it?

Yes and yes, just put in a note that you are planning to send the report when you get it. I suggest sending it after you have an application number (after AOR).

beturfewchair

Nov 7, 2015
I have some more questions. Can my US husband come to Canada to do his medical? or does he have to do it in the US If we file as an outland applicant. Also We have applied for his FBI police report but it will take 8-12 weeks can we send that latter when we get it?

Thank you in advance

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
Need Help!

So am Nigerian , and my spouse just got her SA email today. But my app was sent to Accra VO. I live in Cambodia and on my application its a Cambodian address so i was expecting it to b sent to Singapore.

Please, what am i supposed to do ? Write cic an email to correct this? ( will the mean longer time for processing)
Should i just let it be and hope problems?

Confused !!! :-[

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question, on the Checklist do I respond to any of the questions listed in 19? meeting the necessary minimum income? I am sponsoring my wife and I was told that there is no minimum income required. Do I leave skip question 19? or should I include pay stubs?
I am currently unemployed and searching for work at the moment and can't answer question 18.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beturfewchair said:
I have some more questions. Can my US husband come to Canada to do his medical? or does he have to do it in the US If we file as an outland applicant. Also We have applied for his FBI police report but it will take 8-12 weeks can we send that latter when we get it?

Thank you in advance
The medical can be done anywhere in the world, as long as he uses a CIC approved Panel Physician (list is available on their website).

If submitting an Outland application, it's best to have the (up front) exam before sending in the application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Tolexmi said:
So am Nigerian , and my spouse just got her SA email today. But my app was sent to Accra VO. I live in Cambodia and on my application its a Cambodian address so i was expecting it to b sent to Singapore.

Please, what am i supposed to do ? Write cic an email to correct this? ( will the mean longer time for processing)
Should i just let it be and hope problems?
CIC chooses the VO based on either nationality or residence. Lately, it has been mostly nationality.

I don't know why you would want to change this. Accra has a posted processing time of 14 months, while Singapore is 27 months.