+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rowanrowan said:
thank you garry2008!
Your Welcome.As this Forum Helped me lot to gain Knowledge to get PR in Canada now trying to Help Others Best of Luck :D

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
Hello guys :) I just wanna ask some info pertaining to qualifications in spousal sponsorship.

Got my PR last year and I just got married last month (March 2015) and I'm going to sponsor my husband in the Philippines. I already checked document checklist for spousal sponsorship and I'm worried because may Notice of assessment 2014 was 27thou only for I only worked partime and studying at the same time. But for now I have 2 partime jobs. Do you think I will be qualified to sponsor? How much would be the minimum income of a sponsor to qualify? Thanks for all your help and sharing some info.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neng23 said:
Hello guys :) I just wanna ask some info pertaining to qualifications in spousal sponsorship.

Got my PR last year and I just got married last month (March 2015) and I'm going to sponsor my husband in the Philippines. I already checked document checklist for spousal sponsorship and I'm worried because may Notice of assessment 2014 was 27thou only for I only worked partime and studying at the same time. But for now I have 2 partime jobs. Do you think I will be qualified to sponsor? How much would be the minimum income of a sponsor to qualify? Thanks for all your help and sharing some info.
There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor your husband. You must not be on Social Assistance, or be in the process of a bankruptcy, and must simply show CIC how you will support yourselves once he lands as a PR.

Good luck!

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
fongnation said:
Technically yes, There is no official income requirements for spousal sponsorship. That being said, and considering you are from Russia (I'm guessing), It really depends on the situation. If you could provide me more details, where you live currently, where your partner lives currently, inland or outland sponsorship, and the nature of your common law status. My wife is from Russia, and apparently from what I have read, they don't look kindly on common-law relationships unless you have a valid explanation of why you are not married. Also, you said your partner will be working part-time, is this in Canada? If so, it's going to be a little tough to explain a common-law relationship, unless you were together for a year or more and he has since moved back to Canada.
We are applying inland. I am here on a work visa as a TFW, and my visa expires in 6 months.
Why do you think its tough for russians to do common law?
I explain in my application that we are trying to gather all my and his family for the wedding, and that it takes time to plan it and we are not in a rush. Also, we are engaged and im submitting a picture of my engagement ring. + lots og pictures with family. We live together for over a year now.

And yea, he is Canadian born, but we live in Alberta and its tough with jobs now cause of oil. He can only find part time now but he is looking for a second job.
You saying its a red flag cause Im russian?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Katerina07 said:
We are applying inland. I am here on a work visa as a TFW, and my visa expires in 6 months.
I explain in my application that we are trying to gather all my and his family for the wedding, and that it takes time to plan it and we are not in a rush. Also, we are engaged and im submitting a picture of my engagement ring. + lots og pictures with family. We live together for over a year now.

And yea, he is Canadian born, but we live in Alberta and its tough with jobs now cause of oil. He can only find part time now but he is looking for a second job.
No idea why that member said what they said about you being from Russia being an issue at all. You have the same burden of proof as everyone else here; no more, no less.

Good luck!

msaadsaqib

Apr 13, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th June 2014
AOR Received.
8th August 2014
Med's Request
5th March 2015
Med's Done....
12th March 2015
Interview........
Skip
Passport Req..
21st July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
1st March 2016
Spouse Sponsorship Visa processing time after Medical

Asslam O Alikum,

I got an Email from the London Embassy and they ask me for the proof of contact between me and my wife on 5th march 2015 and they ask for 4 more months to review the corresponding documents, I sended the documents and after 8 days i got another Email from Delhi embassy for Re-medical and i send that too.

My case was applied on jul 2013.

Now please anyone guide me how much more it will take to complete my spouse sponsorship visa application ? :'(

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neng23 said:

You should not be receiving Social Assistance(Welfare) or Bankrupt and there is no Minimum income Required to sponsor Spouse.You should provide Proof of both Part time Jobs to Show CIC how you are Supporting yourself.

fongnation

Feb 12, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2015
Katerina07 said:

(As a prefix, it is not letting me post links, so I had to delete them. Sorry. Maybe I can PM them to you if you need more info.)

Haha, no its not a red flag because you're Russian.

If you guys are in Canada and doing inland sponsorship, then common law should be fine. We decided to do outland, because in Canada they don't offer work permits in my wife's line of work (although she has work permits for Italy, France (EU), USA, Hong Kong and Singapore which seems a bit absurd to me). So basically, as long as you can provide proof of joint bank accounts, credit cards, apartment lease agreements, utility/other bills etc, then you should be fine.

The other option you could try is applying for a new TFW Visa/extension by yourself, and then applying via outland sponsorship. You can apply for outland sponsorship while residing in Canada, and considering you already have a visa, the wait times for outland sponsorship can be significantly shorter. 27 months vs 18 months (18 months based on moscow office, many apps are being sent of Warsaw now and are getting processed quicker).

Understandably, you probably have to make a decision as soon as possible. We just applied in February for outland, if you want any info on that from a Russian specific point of view feel free to PM me (i.e. speed of our application progressing). But you guys will be fine with common law in Canada, and don't worry about income; there is not minimum cut off for spousal or common law sponsorship. Best of luck!

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
Garry2008 said:
You should not be receiving Social Assistance(Welfare) or Bankrupt and there is no Minimum income Required to sponsor Spouse.You should provide Proof of both Part time Jobs to Show CIC how you are Supporting yourself.
Hello Garry2008

Thank you for sharing some info pertaining to my question. I just wanna clarify again to one of the question in a form Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking. One of the question is the following.
Is there a co-signer on this application? ( co- signer must be the spouse or common-law partner of the sponsor)
Does this mean my husband whom I'm going to sponsor will be a co-signer too?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and info .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neng23 said:
Hello Garry2008

Thank you for sharing some info pertaining to my question. I just wanna clarify again to one of the question in a form Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking. One of the question is the following.
Is there a co-signer on this application? ( co- signer must be the spouse or common-law partner of the sponsor)
Does this mean my husband whom I'm going to sponsor will be a co-signer too?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and info .
There are no co-signers on spousal sponsorship applications.

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Hi guys. I am sending my package tomorrow and still have a few questions.

1. In Sponsor Questionnaire, question 11 'When do you plan to return to Canada to resume residency?'
We would like to go to Canada in November/max. December. I hope that it's possible, but should we write that date? Isn't it to early for CIC? Should we put a date of January/February 2016 instead? We are married and my visa office is in Warsaw, so from what I read here it usually takes 3-4 months to get the PR.

2. Exactly what information do they check in the local visa office? Are they gonna check on my business, call my previous employers, contact a local police station, check in the court, check my travels? I am just wondering what do they do, so it takes months?

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
userpg said:
Hi guys. I am sending my package tomorrow and still have a few questions.

1. In Sponsor Questionnaire, question 11 'When do you plan to return to Canada to resume residency?'
We would like to go to Canada in November/max. December. I hope that it's possible, but should we write that date? Isn't it to early for CIC? Should we put a date of January/February 2016 instead? We are married and my visa office is in Warsaw, so from what I read here it usually takes 3-4 months to get the PR.
The question is about the Canadian half of your relationship. You are planning to return in November. If that plan comes to be is another matter.

I think 3-4 months is optimistic. The spread on Warsaw applications is 20% within 3 months, 50% within 5 months, and 80% within 8 months. However, you must add the two month wait period for CPC-M to open your application. So 5-7 months is much more realistic, based on the numbers. So your November timeline works well for 50% of the cases.

userpg said:
2. Exactly what information do they check in the local visa office? Are they gonna check on my business, call my previous employers, contact a local police station, check in the court, check my travels? I am just wondering what do they do, so it takes months?
For the Canadian half, 95% of the time is waiting for the backlog. For the outland half, it varies a little from office to office, but they will verify you are real, not a criminal, and the relationship is not fraudulent.

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
Mapleson - thank you very much!

I am going to pay the fees today. My Canadian wife lives in Poland with me and we have no kids to bring with us to Canada. Are these fees correct?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=PL&lob=clc

75 CAD + 475 CAD + 550 CAD = Total 1100 CAD?

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
userpg said:
Mapleson - thank you very much!

I am going to pay the fees today. My Canadian wife lives in Poland with me and we have no kids to bring with us to Canada. Are these fees correct?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=PL&lob=clc

75 CAD + 475 CAD + 550 CAD = Total 1100 CAD?
No, it's 75 + 475 + 490 = 1040. The $550 amount is for another application type. The $490 is the Permanent Resident Processing Fee.

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
Mapleson said:
No, it's 75 + 475 + 490 = 1040. The $550 amount is for another application type. The $490 is the Permanent Resident Processing Fee.
Mapleson, thanks again!
I cannot find the 'Permanent Resident Processing Fee. All I found on the list is: 'Right of Permanent Residence Fee 1 $490.00'. Is that the same fee?
Which one from the list below is the correct one?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp