canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Moori said:
Question Number 7 C ) Full name at the time you became a permanent resident: same as a current YES OR NO

NOW I have a different name printed on the PR when I first go it and this is because the name did not fit in the computer system so the officer did not write the full name as in passport at that time. However I have the same last name as before.

I am now super confused to click yes it is the same as before or No the name changed at the time I became a PR.
They weren't asking about the name printed on your PR card. They were asking what your name was when you became a PR. Unless you've changed your name since then, the answer was Yes.

That said, it probably won't affect the app

gashkova

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
nona_nabil said:
Hello everyone

I am noha from Egypt, my husband is Canadian/Egyptian and we applied for spousal sponsorship , i sent my sponsorship file on 20/11/2014 and since that we didn't receive any reply by mail or phone , then my husband returned to Canada in 1/4/2015 and called Cic they told them that part 1 is approved (he is eligible to sponsor me) and file sent to Cairo on 8/3/2015 but i wonder why they didn't send us mails about that or called us?

any way they told him also that i have to wait till cairo office ask me to do the medical examination, so is it better to prepare it form now before they ask about it? or wait their request?

regards
noha
Alexandria, Egypt
yes, that was a bit bad.. you should have received two emails..one is confirmation that they received it and then after a month or two saying that they have sent it to your visa office..good your husband called.....

gashkova

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
vanaparthi.mb said:
need help!! the below is the email i have got from CIC ottawa saying that, my application for PR is transferred to Newyork office for further review and admissibility for PR.

Timelines:
-------------
App filed: 18th Nov 2013
AOR rec'd: 5th Jan 2014
Added wife: 15th May 2014
Medicals rec'd for both: 9th June 2014
med done: 14th June 2014
Online update on Medicals rec'd: 22nd Oct 2014

rec'd an email mentioning the file is transferred to NYIO - 2nd April 2015

i have got a communication from CIC yesterday, saying that the application is transferred to New York Office for further validation. please help what would the reason for transferring the application after 17 months of filing.

Email from CIC:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Your application has been transferred to a visa office outside Canada for further review of your eligibility and admissibility for a permanent resident visa.

The Canadian visa office in New York will communicate with you via e-mail. The email you receive will come from email addresses that end in “ @ international.gc.ca” or “ @ cic.gc.ca”. Please add these to the “safe senders” list in your email program. You should also check your junk mail folder in your email program and/or in your email website in case important emails get filtered into this folder.

Please note that the visa office in New York cannot respond to case status enquiries at this time. We ask you to be patient and wait until that office contacts you within the next two months. Your patience will permit the visa office to begin work on your application more quickly.

However, if your personal circumstances change, such as the birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce, you must inform that visa office immediately. They must also be informed if any of the following change:

• Change of email address
• Change of residential or mailing address
• Change of immigration representative (if applicable)
• Decision to withdraw your application
• Approval of Arranged Employment Opinion by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada

Please forward all future correspondence as follows:

By email: CNGNYG @ international.gc.ca

By mail: Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas
Concourse Level
(between 49th and 50th Streets, midtown Manhattan)
New York, NY 10020-1175
i guess it was just a letter informing you about your application..and advising you that in nay case there are changes in your INFO you must inform the visa office where they forwarded your papers....
always check your email.....

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
gashkova said:
yes, that was a bit bad.. you should have received two emails..one is confirmation that they received it and then after a month or two saying that they have sent it to your visa office..good your husband called.....
thanks for your reply, really i don't know why they didn't send us emails

please if you know: is it better to prepare the medical examination form now before they ask about it? or wait their request?

gashkova

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
nona_nabil said:
thanks for your reply, really i don't know why they didn't send us emails

please if you know: is it better to prepare the medical examination form now before they ask about it? or wait their request?
better do it upfront..in my case our paper was sent back since they i had no med cert.....
but for some it was requested during the process..but still better together with your application coz if it is sent back, theyre gonna put your papers at the end line of the queue(happened to me)....

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
hello everyone

i want to make my own timeline but i don't understand the meaning of "AOR" , and the difference between "file transfer" and "app. filed" ?

my case is:
i sent the file (3 parts) without the medical to cic from cairo in 16/11/2014 by dhl and i tracked it by dhl it arrived to Mississauga after 4 days in 20/11/2014 , and no reply from them or confirmation that they received the file, in this months april we called them (they didn't call or send anything at all) and finally they answered us by phone and told us that part1 approved and file transfered to cairo in 8 march 2015 , and we are still waiting for any thing

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
gashkova said:
better do it upfront..in my case our paper was sent back since they i had no med cert.....
but for some it was requested during the process..but still better together with your application coz if it is sent back, theyre gonna put your papers at the end line of the queue(happened to me)....
i already sent all of my papers in november 2014 except the medical and also i didn't pay for part 2 , if i completed it now can i send it to cic or cairo office or wait till they request it and send the medical exam result?

gashkova

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
nona_nabil said:
i already sent all of my papers in november 2014 except the medical and also i didn't pay for part 2 , if i completed it now can i send it to cic or cairo office or wait till they request it and send the medical exam result?

oh good for you...ours was sent back(they didnt even finish my husband's eligibility to sponsor assessment, they mailed it back to my husband , he had to wait a week for my med, then back to Missisuaga that was why a total of two months for sponsor assessment instead of 1 month) before it was forwarded to our visa office..so i guess since it was already in the visa office just wait for their request....

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
They weren't asking about the name printed on your PR card. They were asking what your name was when you became a PR. Unless you've changed your name since then, the answer was Yes.

i want to make my own timeline but i don't understand the meaning of "AOR" , and the difference between "file transfer" and "app. filed" ?

my case is:
i sent the file (3 parts) without the medical to cic from cairo in 16/11/2014 by dhl and i tracked it by dhl it arrived to Mississauga after 4 days in 20/11/2014 , and no reply from them or confirmation that they received the file, in this months april we called them (they didn't call or send anything at all) and finally they answered us by phone and told us that part1 approved and file transfered to cairo in 8 march 2015 , and we are still waiting for any thing

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
nona_nabil said:

my case is:
AOR = Ackowledgement of Receipt - if you receive an AOR it is just CIC letting u know they have your application and that they have actually opened it up and are starting to review it. This could happen at the first stage in Mississauga and at the second stage in your visa office, however, not everyone receives an AOR.

File Transfer= typically this means that your file was moved from one location to another ( Mississauga to your visa office). This is usually the sponsor approval date since Mississauga will move the file to the visa office abroad once they have finished their initial assessment.

Application Filed= when you filed/ sent in your application or when your application first arrived in Mississauga.

If your application was just moved to Cairo in March, it will probably be a while before you hear anything from them. Some visa offices take a few moths to get to applications once they have been transferred from Mississauga

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
nona_nabil said:

my case is:
Hello nona_nabil,
AOR is Acknowledgement of receipt(typically email sent by them to you) They don't usually send you anything, until they open the application(this is AOR)
File transfer is when your file is sent to your visa office oversees. If you don't have a document from them, your husband can ask(1-888-242-2100) for UCI or file#, with either of these 2 numbers you can start tracking your case on line. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=
Good luck.

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
tink23 said:
AOR = Ackowledgement of Receipt - if you receive an AOR it is just CIC letting u know they have your application and that they have actually opened it up and are starting to review it. This could happen at the first stage in Mississauga and at the second stage in your visa office, however, not everyone receives an AOR.

File Transfer= typically this means that your file was moved from one location to another ( Mississauga to your visa office). This is usually the sponsor approval date since Mississauga will move the file to the visa office abroad once they have finished their initial assessment.

Application Filed= when you filed/ sent in your application or when your application first arrived in Mississauga.

If your application was just moved to Cairo in March, it will probably be a while before you hear anything from them. Some visa offices take a few moths to get to applications once they have been transferred from Mississauga

thanks for you help

-now i paid for part1 only (550 $) and send the receipt with my application in november, what about the payment for the second part (490$)? shall i wait for them to ask me to pay or i have to pay online and send the receipt to cic in mississauga or cairo?

-do i have an application number now? if yes how to know my number if they didn't send me mails of AOR or file transfer??

regards

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
nona_nabil said:
thanks for you help

-now i paid for part1 only (550 $) and send the receipt with my application in november, what about the payment for the second part (490$)? shall i wait for them to ask me to pay or i have to pay online and send the receipt to cic in mississauga or cairo?

-do i have an application number now? if yes how to know my number if they didn't send me mails of AOR or file transfer??

regards
pay the RPrF fee immediately. If you wait to pay it, it will cause delays. Scan and send a copy of the receipt to Cairo. Send the physical copy to RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Here is a link showing the address for the rprf. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

If you didn't receive an email or regular mail letter with your sponsor approval information and uci number, call the Mississauga call centre. They will be able to tell you your number.

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
canuck_in_uk said:

Thanks for answering me Canuk :)
My understanding to the question format " Full name at the time you became a Permanent resident " which is when I did landing and the officer had my name written on the system which reflects on the PR Card. This is the name at the time I became a PR. The thing here is that I do not know if they have the full name on their system as long as the passport or they just change it as it shows on PR coz of no space.

I have already attached a letter explaining my understanding to this question and my answer based on that :)

Fingers crossed it is a human mind game with all reasonable explanation ;) ;)

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'd like to apologize. I really tried to read all of the posts regarding this matter looking for a similar case as mine but 1170 pages is just a bit too much.

I am a permanent resident currently residing in Toronto. I'm originally from Manila, Philippines and moved here a month ago. I received my PR status in May 2013 and got married on September 2014 in Manila. My wife is still in the Philippines right now while I'm seeking employment here. I intend on applying to sponsor her for spousal visa and have read all the steps on CIC's webpage.

Just a few queries:

1. I read that approval to be a sponsor takes about 15 months and the processing for the visa will be around the same. Has anyone had any experience on having approvals and visas issued faster?

2. Is there any possibility for her to come to Canada under a tourist visa? before or after applying for spousal visa as long as she presents a return ticket or any proof that she has to go back to the Philippines?

3. Though I am currently looking for employment, is it possible to already proceed with the application or should I wait until I have a job?

4. I may be able to find a part time job soon, will that suffice to justify supporting my wife? I am currently being assisted by my parents ( free rent in their house and a bit of financial aide) while I don't have a full time job yet plus I already deposited part of our savings to my bank account here in Canada. Will that help in the application?

5. Once she gets approved, we'll need to pack and send some things from Manila to Toronto, is there some sort of tax exemption on shipping?

6. For those who have gone through the process, any one have any more tips before and during the application process?

Thanks everyone.