Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
I and my Canadian girlfriend have CIL status,we recently purchased a condo together but were living together at her parents the past 11 months,if she sponsors me can i continue in my full time working position?I have been told mixed things as a friend in works Japanese wife could work while he sponsored her,is this the case?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faolchu said:
I and my Canadian girlfriend have CIL status,we recently purchased a condo together but were living together at her parents the past 11 months,if she sponsors me can i continue in my full time working position?I have been told mixed things as a friend in works Japanese wife could work while he sponsored her,is this the case?
It all depends on the type of work permit that you currently have. Some people that submit an Inland application along with a new Open Work Permit (OWP) will benefit from`implied status', allowing them to continue working, but generally not those with PGWP or IEC. For those people, the implied status would only allow them to remain in Canada (as a visitor).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Moori said:
My understanding to the question format " Full name at the time you became a Permanent resident " which is when I did landing and the officer had my name written on the system which reflects on the PR Card. This is the name at the time I became a PR. The thing here is that I do not know if they have the full name on their system as long as the passport or they just change it as it shows on PR coz of no space.
They didn't want to know your name on the card or in their system or on whatever other ID you had. They just wanted to know what your name was. Your name is your name; CIC and CBSA can't change that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CC79 said:
1. I read that approval to be a sponsor takes about 15 months and the processing for the visa will be around the same. Has anyone had any experience on having approvals and visas issued faster?

2. Is there any possibility for her to come to Canada under a tourist visa? before or after applying for spousal visa as long as she presents a return ticket or any proof that she has to go back to the Philippines?

3. Though I am currently looking for employment, is it possible to already proceed with the application or should I wait until I have a job?

4. I may be able to find a part time job soon, will that suffice to justify supporting my wife? I am currently being assisted by my parents ( free rent in their house and a bit of financial aide) while I don't have a full time job yet plus I already deposited part of our savings to my bank account here in Canada. Will that help in the application?

5. Once she gets approved, we'll need to pack and send some things from Manila to Toronto, is there some sort of tax exemption on shipping?

6. For those who have gone through the process, any one have any more tips before and during the application process?
Hi

1. You didn't read that because nowhere does CIC say that. Posted processing times:

Outland: 62 days + 17 months
Inland: 17 months + 10 months

For outland, the 17 months is how long it took to process 80% of apps, meaning 79% were processed faster. I believe the average for Manila is around a year.

2. She can apply for a TRV but with a PR spouse living in Canada, the chances of approval are low. CIC will most likely consider you to be a stronger tie than anything in her home country.

3. You are not required to have a job. You will need to show how you will support yourselves without welfare (savings, family support, income potential, etc.).

4. As above.

5. If you are referring to the actual shipping, of course not. Shipping companies aren't going to care that she's moving to become a PR. If you are referring to duties paid when entering Canada, she will not be required to pay duties as long as the items are declared on landing and arrive with or after her.

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

1. You didn't read that because nowhere does CIC say that. Posted processing times:

Outland: 62 days + 17 months
Inland: 17 months + 10 months

For outland, the 17 months is how long it took to process 80% of apps, meaning 79% were processed faster. I believe the average for Manila is around a year.

2. She can apply for a TRV but with a PR spouse living in Canada, the chances of approval are low. CIC will most likely consider you to be a stronger tie than anything in her home country.

3. You are not required to have a job. You will need to show how you will support yourselves without welfare (savings, family support, income potential, etc.).

4. As above.

5. If you are referring to the actual shipping, of course not. Shipping companies aren't going to care that she's moving to become a PR. If you are referring to duties paid when entering Canada, she will not be required to pay duties as long as the items are declared on landing and arrive with or after her.
Thanks for this canuck_in_uk! This definitely helps!

Adamile

Apr 10, 2015
NEED HELP FOR QUESTIONS 24 anf 25 IMM5490E

Please I need help on how to answer questions 24 and 25 of IMM5490E

24. HAS YOUR SPONSOR VISITED YOU DURING THE PERIOD OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP?
25.HAVE YOU VISITED YOUR SPONSOR DURING THE PERIOD OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP?

Indicate number date and length of visits and if you stayed together at the same location during the visit

When my sponsor and I were dating, we visited each other many times. However I cannot recall all the dates we visited each other and the total number of times. We started dating in December 2013 and we got married March 2015.

Am I supposed to write down each time we visited each other or something?

Please what should I do?

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
I think "visit" means visiting each other when you are living in different countries. That's bound to have happened at some point in time I guess unless you were also in Canada or he is a citizen and he was living with you in ur country. If that's the case you can find all the entry/exit stamps in ur passport. If it was domestic travel, try to recall as many as possible.

Answer Yes to both questions and in space provided say that "answered in separate sheet of paper". And explain in detail your circumstances with proof. List the proof u have and write refer to relationship package.

We gave same answers to both questions in separate sheets.

gashkova

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Re: NEED HELP FOR QUESTIONS 24 anf 25 IMM5490E

Adamile said:

Indicate number date and length of visits and if you stayed together at the same location during the visit

When my sponsor and I were dating, we visited each other many times. However I cannot recall all the dates we visited each other and the total number of times. We started dating in December 2013 and we got married March 2015.

Please what should I do?
if you can recall all the better..months and years with photos/tickets/receipts/hotels/ or san kayo nagstay.....

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Re: NEED HELP FOR QUESTIONS 24 anf 25 IMM5490E

Adamile said:

Please what should I do?
I was filling the application yesterday and I put as many details as possible. I have some flight tickets, but not all of them. Anyways, I will add what I have even to the application.
Try to give them as many details as possible and check your email for flight confirmations, tickets ect. Maybe you have some pictures taken during your visits?

PS. In Sponsor Questionnaire, question 11 'When do you plan to return to Canada to resume residency?'
We would like to go to Canada in November/max. December. I hope that it's possible, but should we write that date? Isn't it to early for CIC? Should we put a date of January/February 2016 instead? We are married and my visa office is in Warsaw, so from what I read here it usually takes 3-4 months to get the PR.

One more question: exactly what information do they check in the local visa office?

vanaparthi.mb

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
IELTS Request
Added with Application
File Transfer...
28-03-2015
Med's Request
09-06-2014
Med's Done....
14-06-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2015
gashkova said:
i guess it was just a letter informing you about your application..and advising you that in nay case there are changes in your INFO you must inform the visa office where they forwarded your papers....
always check your email.....

Thanks for your reply.

vanaparthi.mb

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
IELTS Request
Added with Application
File Transfer...
28-03-2015
Med's Request
09-06-2014
Med's Done....
14-06-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
what exactly is your question? what do you want help with? also, did you apply for PR through SPOUSAL FAMILY CLASS, meaning your canadian spouse is sponsoring you for PR, or did you apply through another PR stream (ie: provincial nominee, federal skilled worker, live-in caregiver, parent sponsorship, etc)?

Firstly my apologies for posting in this forum, i just thought that it is more relevant to post my question.

if anyone could help me on the below information it will be great.

My application is in progress and it is not a sponsorship application, i have added my wife in the middle of my application(before i got my medicals) under CEC category.

now after 17 months i got an email saying that the application is moved to New York office and i would like to know under what circumstances the application is moved to New York after completing everything....and at the time of waiting for PPR.

If any of you have faced the same situation during your PR processing...Please advise! and thanks for your help in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vanaparthi.mb said:
My application is in progress and it is not a sponsorship application, i have added my wife in the middle of my application(before i got my medicals) under CEC category.

now after 17 months i got an email saying that the application is moved to New York office and i would like to know under what circumstances the application is moved to New York after completing everything....and at the time of waiting for PPR.

If any of you have faced the same situation during your PR processing...Please advise! and thanks for your help in advance.
Post your question to the CEC section of the forum. No one in this section has faced this situation since we are sponsoring family members and are not economic immigration applicants.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rowanrowan said:
Hello friends, hope you could help me verify this information. My husband will be sponsoring me for a spousal visa to Canada. We do not have any child yet. In the application package, it is stated that I include 9 recent photos of each of my family members (accompanying and non accompanying). Are they pertaining to my parents and siblings even though they are not being sponsored? I am estranged from one of my sisters so I am quite worried that this requirement will be difficult to produce for me. Anyone who could shed some light to this issue?

Thanks!
No this is Family Members Your Children or Spouse if they are not included in Your Application.As you have already Told in the form you do not have any Children and your spouse is Sponsoring you.So it is not Applicable to you.You need only your Photos but Information about Parents and Sibling will be added to Family Background declaration Form IMM5669E.pdf

rowanrowan

Apr 13, 2015
MANILA
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
18-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-03-2017
File Transfer...
03-24-2017
Med's Request
04-21-2017
Med's Done....
05-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-31-2017
thank you garry2008!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanaparthi.mb said:
Firstly my apologies for posting in this forum, i just thought that it is more relevant to post my question.

if anyone could help me on the below information it will be great.

I agree with scylla;this is a CEC forum question.

Perhaps CIC is doubting the genuineness of your marriage, which is why they have transferred your application (and may also be scheduling an interview with you)?