waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sunnyinlombardy said:
I was just looking at his application, it only asks if he was convicted? Nowhere does it ask if he was charged. Am I missing a form maybe? I thought I saw it somewhere at one point.
no, you're right there is no question about charges. only convictions. if that's the case, then just get the information ready in case it pops up. most likely it won't. i think it does ask him if he was ever detained though, he will need to be truthful about that. perhaps that's where the information would be helpful. if not, then i wouldn't worry about submitting it.

sunnyinlombardy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
no, you're right there is no question about charges. only convictions. if that's the case, then just get the information ready in case it pops up. most likely it won't. i think it does ask him if he was ever detained though, he will need to be truthful about that. perhaps that's where the information would be helpful. if not, then i wouldn't worry about submitting it.
No, was never actually arrested/detained. Thanks for your help.

bunny82

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
I am confused. I was told by an immigration consultant this afternoon that for outland (which he called overseas application) it can take 8-14 months, not the amount of time it states here? Once we are married, (with me sponsoring him) roughly how long would it be before he reaches the point that he can live/work here? I am confused now if we should do outland or inland. Also, do people do their paperwork on their own or go to consultants/lawyers? If so, how much are you paying? Thank you.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
bunny82 said:
I am confused. I was told by an immigration consultant this afternoon that for outland (which he called overseas application) it can take 8-14 months, not the amount of time it states here? Once we are married, (with me sponsoring him) roughly how long would it be before he reaches the point that he can live/work here? I am confused now if we should do outland or inland. Also, do people do their paperwork on their own or go to consultants/lawyers? If so, how much are you paying? Thank you.
Outland is always easier if you are a US citizen. The time span they give you is different with everyone's application it may be sooner or later.
We did our paper work by ourselves with no lawyer, they seem to be a big chunk of change for something that you can do by yourself.

bunny82

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
msbigshot said:
Outland is always easier if you are a US citizen. The time span they give you is different with everyone's application it may be sooner or later.
We did our paper work by ourselves with no lawyer, they seem to be a big chunk of change for something that you can do by yourself.
Thanks. But how long roughly could it take? Is the paperwork complicated? We want to marry soon and start this process, but we don't want to be separated for a long time while waiting to get the results. He is a US citizen. We were thinking outland. I was told today that it could be 8-14 months before he gets accepted and can come here. I was told before this on these forums that it is no more than 5-6 months. I am just at a loss and not sure what to do anymore. This immigration stuff is immensely stressful.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bunny82 said:
Thanks. But how long roughly could it take? Is the paperwork complicated? We want to marry soon and start this process, but we don't want to be separated for a long time while waiting to get the results. He is a US citizen. We were thinking outland. I was told today that it could be 8-14 months before he gets accepted and can come here. I was told before this on these forums that it is no more than 5-6 months. I am just at a loss and not sure what to do anymore. This immigration stuff is immensely stressful.
US citizens have been getting through the process in as little as 4-5 months recently on this forum. Definitely apply outland.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bunny82 said:
I was told today that it could be 8-14 months before he gets accepted and can come here.
Run far away from that consultant. As scylla said above, US apps have been going through very quickly. Also, your partner can be in Canada as a visitor the entire time the outland app is processing. He does not have to wait until the PR app is approved to actually come here.

Don't bother using a consultant. The app is pretty in-depth but there are guides and checklists to follow, and this forum when you get really stuck on something.

bunny82

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thank you. So when it comes time to do the application I can get help on here? That would be much appreciated.... so he may get in within 4-6 months? That would be great. I didn't know that he would be allowed in Canada as a visitor being being accepted. I guess he cannot work though until he is? And isn't there a couple stages of approval? After the first approval, he can work, correct?

MysticMidnight

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA 27-08-2014
Med's Request
premedical
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-12-2014 COPR recieved: 26-12-2014
LANDED..........
04-1-2015
bunny82 said:
Definitely run far and fast from that consultant. From the time my application was received to the time I landed was 6 months. A decision was made on my application at a little over 5 months and my visa received in the mail a week and a half later (longer than the time before that they had sent me something, but it was received the day after Christmas).

The paperwork isn't overly complicated, but some of the wording on the questions can be a little tricky. Anyone on this forum would be able to help you out with something like that though. As a US citizen he'll want to get his fingerprints sent in soon because it does take a while for that to come in the mail. Getting in to see a physician doesn't take long though (I had mine within a couple weeks and it could have been sooner if it hadn't conflicted with my work schedule.

bunny82

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Ok, thank you guys. This gives me some hope. What do you know about getting jobs in Canada? I was also told by this consultant that my fiance may as well just stop trying because nobody will hire him because they will not want to do all of the paperwork and will not want to pay the amount of money it costs to do the paperwork (LMIA papers and such). He was very blunt and admitted it's pointless and that nobody will hire him. Is this true? Should he stop applying? We were hoping he could find work so that he could come here sooner (on a permit).

MysticMidnight

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA 27-08-2014
Med's Request
premedical
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-12-2014 COPR recieved: 26-12-2014
LANDED..........
04-1-2015
bunny82 said:
Ok, thank you guys. This gives me some hope. What do you know about getting jobs in Canada? I was also told by this consultant that my fiance may as well just stop trying because nobody will hire him because they will not want to do all of the paperwork and will not want to pay the amount of money it costs to do the paperwork (LMIA papers and such). He was very blunt and admitted it's pointless and that nobody will hire him. Is this true? Should he stop applying? We were hoping he could find work so that he could come here sooner (on a permit).
It is highly unlikely as it is a very long process and very expensive for an employer to do, it's not impossible, but again not very likely. Most companies won't do it, however he might get lucky enough to find one willing to go through the process with him, but don't expect it to happen if he does keep trying.

honeyblossom678

Nov 23, 2014
Hi ,
I am a September 2013 applicant. My husband and I applied inland on September 30, 2013. We sent it to Vegreville and Sent to Mississagua on March 7, 2014.
Today, I checked my Ecas (I am the sponsor and didn't know that sponsors receive their own Ecas profile) and it says that our application is been in process October 21, 2013, while in my Husband's Ecas it says Application Received.
I would like to know if it is normal for an application to be in process that long ( just over a year). Why is it taking this long?? We sent a work permit along with our application and our lawyer have told us That we are are not eligible for the OWP pilot program.
I would appreciate any insights from you.

jesusiloveu

Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
Med's Request
feb 6
Med's Done....
march 11
Passport Req..
feb 6
VISA ISSUED...
Dm on 13 oct,got visa on October 24,2013
LANDED..........
December 5,2013
Dear friends,
Can I sponser my sister's son to canada?he is a student.if yes, what is the procedure?
Thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
jesusiloveu said:
Dear friends,
Can I sponser my sister's son to canada?he is a student.if yes, what is the procedure?
Thanks
no, you can not sponsor your nephew through family class sponsorship. he will need to qualify to immigrate on his own, either as a student, worker or provincial nominee.